Binary Tree Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Nick Wilkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like most SMB's, BT is fast paced and agile. Never a dull moment!

Cons

Mostly a remote work environment. Makes it challenging to develop relationships outside of your department.

Advice to Management

Encourage interdepartmental communications. Continue organizing in person company meetings so employees can meet face to face.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at Binary Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work from home, good benefits

Cons

Micromanagers, they treat employees like slaves, its as bad as working for a contract company.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at your Directors and the way they treat others

"Great Experience - Great People"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Binary Tree is one of the best companies where I have worked in my career. The people and management are really great, work-life balance is amazing, and you are empowered to get your work done in ways where you can think outside the box, providing your unique value to the company.
    Working remotely in a virtual company is great -- but you have to be self-disciplined. My life is so much better now that I don't commute or deal with in-office politics anymore. Additionally, the leadership at Binary Tree is very candid and open, and they reward employees with trips (for top performers, as nominated by peers) and company events in places like South Beach.
    We work really hard, but we also enjoy what we do. And it shows!

Cons

You really have to have self-discipline to thrive at Binary Tree. As a "virtual" company, you are usually by yourself, working at home. For those of us who work here, this is an asset and we work well in that environment. But if you think it's a chance to slack off, it will be pretty obvious.
    It can be hard to not see coworkers you really like but once or twice a year, but we are on Skype so much that it doesn't seem much different than cubicle land.

The 401K matching program could definitely be better, but the health insurance is really solid.
    Other than that, compared to other placed where I have worked, there are really not many cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and work to retain the great people here. Keep the company private -- the temptation might be there to some day sell the company or take it public, but either would kill what is wonderful about Binary Tree.

4. "Not too bad..."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Red Wing, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Red Wing, MN

I worked at Binary Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left the company early 2000s (not 2013--but the dropdown box did not allow for that). It was a good place to work until the financials went south...

Cons

Working in a remote office caused some political difficulties. Despite local management, there were miscommunications, backstabbing, and general unpleasantness. It wasn't a difficult choice to leave when a new job came along.

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kendall Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kendall Park, NJ

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people.
    The products.
    The work/life balance.

Cons

Being a virtual company, integration into the company can be slow.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the impact of the non-sales personnel in driving the business.
    Continue to review the benefits you offer to keep aligned with similar companies.

6. "Word Hard / Play Hard"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is never a shortage of work here. All groups seam be challenged and busy at all times which is totally fine. Management appreciates all the effort. The last two company functions that I attended, one in Miami - All Hands, one in Lisbon - Sales Kickoff were probably two of the best in my career. We sure played hard at each.

Cons

The company has grown substantially over the last 3 years. There are more opportunities for advancement and role changes than ever but still not as many as in BIG companies.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing the effort that everyone puts in that makes BT great.

7. "Incredible Momentum Underway"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time

Pros

Global company with resources and investments to grow with Microsoft cloud technologies. Unbelievable company events in fun places like Miami and Lisbon while having the flexibility to WFH between clients.

Cons

Being remote from fellow team members can be a challenge. We are using S4B more and more with video which helps. Being global has challenges with time zones but my manager allows me to tackle client needs, longer days and off hours by being flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep driving the improvements and growth! I am enjoying the new challenges and working with this talented team.

8. "SR manager"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time

Pros

Great working environment and very collaborative team. Company has excellent benefits, including Profit Sharing, work from home and promote from within.

Cons

Occasionally long hours are expected

Advice to Management

Stay focused on growth strategy and please keep listening to employee and customer needs!

9. "Nice place to work!"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, most employees work remotely. We receive fully paid benefits for the employee (health, vision, dental and life insurance) and reduced cost benefits for partners/spouses/families. Steven and the Management team fully support an open-door policy and listen to our suggestions.

Cons

The rate at which vacation time accrues in the US is a bit slower than with other companies I have worked for in the past.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and review their ideas.

10. "Training"

I have been working at Binary Tree full-time

Pros

Binary Tree has a great collaborative culture and a solid team environment. The CEO genuinely cares about the morale of employees and makes Binary Tree a great company. The senior executive team consists of a group of smart, seasoned professionals. My peer base is very supportive of me and really wants me to succeed! This company has allowed me the opportunity to be held accountable and drive positive change. A group of winners!

Cons

I have been given the freedom to help drive change in any minor areas that need improvement!

Advice to Management

Continue to set the bar high! Winners will excel!