Binding Site Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles de Rohan

"Exciting, Fun & Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the Binding Site for less than two years and it's been a great experience so far. Not only has it been fun to be part of such a diverse team, but it's good to know that the Binding Site has team members that have been with the company for more than 15 years (a few past 20+ years). My professional development is important to my manager and to the company; we all have the tools available for continuous growth. I look forward to a long career and more challenging opportunities.

Cons

More opportunities for field employees to interact with in-house employees

Binding Site Response

Jun 26, 2016 – Head of HR (USA)

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience working at the Binding Site. We are always excited to hear that our employees are as enthusiastic two years into their employment as ... More

"Tremendous Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people who are passionate about what they do. Overtime not required in most positions. Flat organization so there aren't layers of "middle" managers. Small organization so we have the opportunity to learn a lot within our departments.

Cons

Upward mobility is limited in some departments because employees don't seem to leave at the management ranks.

Binding Site Response

May 11, 2016 – Head of HR (USA)

Thank you for your feedback about your experience working at the Binding Site. As a Company we want everyone to share the passion about what we do which is ultimately about helping patients around ... More

3. "Controller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Binding Site full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable profitable company no overtime required

Cons

Human Resources yields too much power always looking for a reason to terminate hard working loyal employees. Instead of supporting management staff they look for reasons to terminate them and play into too much water cooler talk.

Advice to Management

Company was better managed under Joe Bradwell who cared as much about his employees as he did the bottom line.

Apr 4, 2016 – CFO

Thank you for taking the time to pen a review and it’s always good to get feedback from colleagues around the world. I agree Jo Bradwell created a great company and I was honoured to be able to work ... More

4. "Great company"

Pros

-well organised
    -career oportunities
    -doing a great job

Cons

nothing bad to say about it

Advice to Management

none

5. "Great tech job"

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people- parties, socials, outings all year.
    Caring supervisors
    Varied work if you get the training

Cons

Progression is difficult to come by
    Higher up jobs aren't necessarily paid better

Binding Site Response

Jun 16, 2017 – Head of HR (UK)

Thank you for posting your review, we always appreciate employees taking time to provide us with feedback and for their observations about working at the Binding Site. I noticed that you have been ... More

6. "Ex employee"

I worked at Binding Site full-time

Pros

I worked at TBS for a relatively long time and work in different areas of the business. I can recommend it as somewhere to work. The staff are friendly and I always had a great work life balance with only a few truly stressful periods. The company has a lot of different departments within the Birmingham office so there is room to move around.

Cons

Same cons as most companies managamement, progression, salary but the pros certainly outweigh the cons. I wound say the biggest con is trying to get to the next level is made unnecessarily difficult and when you get their the extra money just isn't worth it.

Advice to Management

The centre of Birmingham is progressively becoming more difficult to get to so I would consider allowing more flexible working and working from home.

Binding Site Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Head of HR (UK)

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your time with Binding Site. Many of our employees have the opportunity to work cross functionally due to the expanding nature of the business and ... More

7. "Good place to get experience"

I worked at Binding Site full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Welcomes lots of new graduates and trains them up
    State of the art building in central location
    Friendly staff members

Cons

Not many incentives to stay longer than a year or so
    Low wages compared to other graduate jobs (although pretty standard for similar lab positions)

Advice to Management

Try to keep graduates in the company as many leave after 1 year

Binding Site Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Head of HR (UK)

Thank you for the feedback, we are glad that you have enjoyed your time at Binding Site and we pride ourselves on being a friendly company providing with growing training and development ... More

"An exciting place to work with a range of opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for the Binding Site for over 8 years. I started in the lab areas and subsequently moved into one of the office based areas of the business. In those eight years I have seen the business move locations in the UK, open new offices around the world and expand its products. I have also been promoted in the organisation so have a view of what its like in different parts of the Company. There is always something new bubbling away and this makes the job interesting as you are never quite sure what will come along next.

I have been fortunate in my job to work with several of the Directors over the years I have worked here and have been impressed by the passion and care they have for the business and the people who work in it. I have worked in other businesses where you didn't even see the Directors let alone make themselves available to ask questions of.

The Group has offices around the world and my role has allowed me to travel to see several of these. What is good to see is that the same passion and commitment is shared by the colleagues I meet overseas as we have in the UK.

Over the past two years the Company has been going through a number of big changes with the new ERP system recently introduced. This has meant a lot of hard work to keep the day job going and pick up the new system. However we are now over the worst of this and I can really see the difference this will make once we get properly used to it.

This highlights another positive which is that the Company always seems to be able to find the funds to invest in new projects and opportunities which should be good for the future.

Keeping up with the growth and changes means there isn't a lot of time to let things settle in sometimes. I have friends in the production departments who work really hard and who are very proud of the great products they make however the fast growth means they are sometimes working flat out to keep up with demand, which is a good thing overall, thanks for your efforts.

Cons

The rapid growth means that it can sometimes be hard keeping up with developments and the work loads can be quite high but I would rather be busy than bored. The place where we work is good but as there are lots of new people parking can be a problem at busy times.

Advice to Management

Please continue to grow the company and invest in the future of the business and the staff, remain open and honest with your colleagues and treat everyone fairly.

Apr 18, 2016 – Head of HR

Thank you for your taking the time to share your experiences of working at the Binding Site. You are one of many of our employees who have seen considerable change over the years working for Binding ... More

"A true Birmingham success story"

Current Employee - Marketing in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has undergone huge growth over the years but has managed to retain its family feel despite the massive transition. It offers a professional but friendly and engaging environment in which to work and progress. There are many career progression opportunities for those willing to work hard and take advantage - the company provides support and development along the way.

An approachable board and senior team who genuinely listen to employees and adopt many suggestions made.

I am lucky to say I sincerely love my job and the company for which I work. I, and many others, are proud to work at a true Birmingham success story - A manufacturing company in Birmingham city centre providing jobs for hundreds in both Scientific and non-Scientific functions.

Cons

Departments tend to work in isolation, which is a trait of many large organisations. Steps are being taken to address this.

Advice to Management

Start looking for more space if we're to maintain this level of growth.

Apr 4, 2016 – Head of HR

Many thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts on life at Binding Site and it’s great to receive positive feedback. As you identified the business is continuing to grow and expand and this ... More

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Binding Site full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities offered for scientists in the Midlands. Plenty of vacancies for new roles throughout the company giving the chance for career development.

Modern, clean building that is easily accessible with secure parking. Plenty of local amenities, many also give discounts to employees.

Although a rapidly expanding business it still has a more personal feel with many employees who have been with the company for more than 5 years.

Varied selection of social and charity events means there is something for everyone and attract participants from all areas of the business.

Cons

None at present with company itself. However, the city centre traffic can make cycling or train better options for commuting.

Advice to Management

Keep going to the social and charity events, it's good way of engaging with people from all levels and areas of the business.

Apr 4, 2016 – Head of HR

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review. As you noted, even with the company’s growth, we’ve tried to ensure we maintain that personal feel. The number of employees like you, who have been ... More