Bioclinica Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Bioclinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also respect the company for the work-life-balance approach (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and work from home options (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Bioclinica will continue to lose talented people as the work/life balance becomes intolerable (in 12 reviews)

• High turnover rate so the department is always short-staffed (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunity, Few Dull Moments"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bioclinica has certainly been a journey from day one. I have been with the company for a year and 4 months, and I have learned so much in that time. I can see a difference in how I've built relationships, learned about the industry (which I was never in prior to Bioclinica, or my role itself), interactions with employees on all levels, my performance, how I take charge of my own development, and how I communicate with my manager and team. If there is any constant at Bioclinica, it is change. I feel there is a lot of opportunity here if you seek it, and there is rarely a dull moment. For me, those are both huge positives to the workplace and learning culture at Bioclinica. I also respect the company for the work-life-balance approach.

Cons

The cons to Bioclinica would perhaps be change- ONLY if anyone does not deal well with change. You need to be flexible, adaptable, and have a positive attitude if you want to endure and succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep improving your departmental training with your teams.

2. "Great place for challenges, opportunity and to learn."

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Each day presents a learning experience, and you have the options to venture out and work on many different projects if you can manage multiple projects at once. Many have the option to work solely on a single project and become fully invested, or you can expand your knowledge and expertise if you make it known and accept the challenges that lie ahead. This really gives employees options and the ability to expand their career and knowledge of the industry. Great place atmosphere to work in, and they have a great work life balance policy.

Cons

The company has gone through many transitions, mergers, etc, and the important info does not always filter down to employees or even your manager in a timely manner. There is currently a lot of "unknown" in certain areas which makes it stressful and worrisome to most. The merit increases even with outstanding reviews have been the lowest in my 15+ year career with this company in particular, but it's probably due to the many transitions over the past few years.

Advice to Management

Before making impactful decisions I would suggest they discuss decisions with employees who are actually working in a given area day to day. At times it seems like upper management is making decisions without weighing the pro's and cons of the people who are directly impacted. Reward and even acknowledge employees who stick with you throughout the thick and thin. It's easy for people to see change and just leave, but there are many who stick with you regardless of what is happening, and they should be values and appreciated.

3. "Focus is on mergers and acquisitions"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

A chance to learn about pharmaceutical development and project management.

Cons

Layoffs and departures of many people has created a stressful and overworked feeling for whoever is left on the projects. The company focus is on mergers and acquisitions to become a 'bigtime" CRO.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work for you.

4. "Manager"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

This is a company that actually cares about their employees. They invest in their employees. When organizational changes are made they hold a town hall to inform everyone on what's going on. Great benefits

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this company.

"PSS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Can get your foot in the door to the Pharma/CRO industry. That's it.

Cons

Just a bad set-up. I worked on so many studies, I lost track of how many exactly. I was a part of several different project teams all expecting the work for their projects to get done asap. On top of that, I was expected to do most of the work for them. I do hate to complain about being busy but this really was crazy. I was so busy that I could barely take a break. Working through lunch and after hours was the norm. Towards the end of my employment they had a hiring freeze (could still be going on). So we were short on people and they wouldn't hire anyone new to help with the crazy workload. They also took away overtime when this happened. So you had to work the extra hours for free. This led to more people quitting making it even more unbearable.

I can go on but you get the point. A lot of other cons (which are very true) were covered in recent reviews.

Advice to Management

Read the cons. Fix that! You're losing a lot of good workers due to these conditions.

"A company in pure turmoil."

Pros

They know they are in pure turmoil.

Cons

But it will take them years to get it sorted.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Business is evolving in the right direction, especially now that our two leading business segments have become one unified business. I'm encouraged about the future!

Cons

You can still feel some resistance to change amongst some of the longer-term leaders.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent to your employees; Keep communicating!

8. "No long term strategy, planning, keeps changing to see immediate results"

I worked at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

None, cannot think of any.

Cons

No business strategy, decide with insufficient information to see quick change, many cases the SMEs becoming managers who do not have genuine people/business management skills.

Advice to Management

Have the long-term strategy with reasonable investment period.

"Too Good to Be True"

Former Employee - Clinical Site Services in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Site Services in Newark, CA

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is great.
    People are very nice and understanding.
    Work schedule flexibility.

Cons

Below average compensation.
    Poor management
    High turnover
    No OT.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers better. Give them the compensation they deserve.

"Don't Expect Much and You Won't Be Disappointed"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Bioclinica is a company of Millennials who don't expect much in terms of company loyalty to employees, fair pay, and an upbeat place to work. In general they accept all of this in exchange for an opportunity to learn.

Cons

If you are experienced this is not the place for you. The bottom line; dollars and data rule everything. The soft data regarding one's individual contribution to the company has no value. Instead you are evaluated on your cost to the company. If you have a higher salary commensurate with experience, you are dispensable. It is why so many very good people have left, and why the company is not winning more contracts. Bioclinica has more Glassdoor pages with more insights. This is the page that corporate hacks are posting comments on to boost the ratings of the company and its CEO

Advice to Management

Weeding out the old boys network appears to be happening, which is a step in the right direction. Bringing back experienced team members responsible for growing the business initially will be key