Bioclinica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Bioclinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and work from home options (in 8 reviews)

• I also respect the company for the work-life-balance approach (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Bioclinica will continue to lose talented people as the work/life balance becomes intolerable (in 12 reviews)

• Extremely low pay to those who have been loyal to the company (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great strategy & Talented people = Successful future."

Current Employee - Director in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment with a staff focused on improving health and helping our clients bring life changing drugs to market. I love working for a company that I know is making a positive difference in the lives of so many. The learning opportunities are there for the asking. The firm has great benefits and meaningful work.

Cons

Like most professional services company experiencing significant rapid growth, there are challenges around striking the right balance of staffing/forecasting when talent is needed. However the proper strategies are in place to propel the people and the company forward.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Work the GTM plans as you created them. Continue to invest in the teams and empower us to make great decisions for the firm.

"Working hard should not be a complaint, but a privilege."

Former Employee - Project Support Specialist in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Support Specialist in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Extremely grateful to have worked for some amazing people at Bioclinica over the years. Of course I was pushed to limits at times, but it only made me better. I felt that my ideas and suggestions were valued and I always had the support of my direct management.

Cons

Lower end of salary compared to industry competition. Low morale that I feel could change if people focused more on themselves than others.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you can to keep the good, hard workers!

"Great Opportunity, Few Dull Moments"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bioclinica has certainly been a journey from day one. I have been with the company for a year and 4 months, and I have learned so much in that time. I can see a difference in how I've built relationships, learned about the industry (which I was never in prior to Bioclinica, or my role itself), interactions with employees on all levels, my performance, how I take charge of my own development, and how I communicate with my manager and team. If there is any constant at Bioclinica, it is change. I feel there is a lot of opportunity here if you seek it, and there is rarely a dull moment. For me, those are both huge positives to the workplace and learning culture at Bioclinica. I also respect the company for the work-life-balance approach.

Cons

The cons to Bioclinica would perhaps be change- ONLY if anyone does not deal well with change. You need to be flexible, adaptable, and have a positive attitude if you want to endure and succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep improving your departmental training with your teams.

4. "Excellent Growth Opportunites!"

Former Employee - HRIS Manager in Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - HRIS Manager in Doylestown, PA

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is constantly growing and offers great opportunites for employees to grow with the company. Many employees start in entry level roles and are given the opportunity to develop their skills so that they are able to get promoted relatively quickly as new positions are always opening up. There are several development programs available for anyone interested. The benefits and PTO are also great and many positions have the ability to work from home 2-3 days/week. Team work and collaboration are valued and there are many highly intelligent staff members that are willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

Compensation for those promoted within is not always competitive with the market.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on internal development but also be sure to compensate accordingly. A lot of very talented people have left for similar higher paying jobs after getting the experience they needed at Bioclinica. Better recognition programs to spotlight employees that are making great contributions to the company and increase employee engagement.

"shared services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to grow and learn from some of the most experienced people in the industry. An environment where you will be challenged to do your very best work and have a chance to contribute new ideas in an organization with purpose.

Cons

Dealing with rapid change and growth can create challenges and uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed of progress, performance and plans on a regular and ongoing basis so everyone knows how to support.

"Forward Thinking Organization - Connecting Talent with Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bioclinica values partnering with internal business segments; so each team member experiences the benefit of learning what one another’s defined skill-set is and how it enhances their focus area. Resulting in each employee having a better understanding of their colleagues daily core responsibilities and goals for themselves and their department. This allows employees to have a goal of working as an even more cohesive team.

An opportunity to work and partner with intelligent, driven and forward thinking team members.

Understands and values work life balance with offerings such as working remote and/or home locations.

Constantly looking for ways to set more efficient processes by gathering employees thoughts and ideas; along with investing in technology to meet these objectives.

Cons

At times, project timelines could be tight, however, support along the way is there and feedback to management is valued.

Advice to Management

Anytime employees feel empowered and have a sense of ownership, this usually promotes positive morale and each team member yearning for more out of their role. Keep aiming toward accomplishing this within the organization and you will see even more greatness from employees!

"Senior management is aware that there are endemic problems- They just don't know where to begin to fix them."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior management is aware that there are endemic problems

Cons

1. There are policies for policies! There are so many policies that it is stifling innovation and increasing admin and busy work rather than time for client projects.
    2. Salary is far too low -well below industry standard
    3. High turnover due to:
    -- Low pay
    -- Disconnected management
    -- Aggressive culture – with lots of finger pointing
    -- Pressured environment – always high due to lack of resources
    -- Poor systems that breakdown and increase work and frustration levels
    4. Internal systems are old; slow -, delaying timelines, causing more work
    5. Key members of staff are never in the office - they are off traveling, so they avoid accountability

Advice to Management

Fix the core problems: competitive pay level, infrastructure investment for improved systems, a change in senior management, establish and HR department with senior level executives that bring a proven track record, build bridges between mid and upper management to foster collaboration.
    The best collaboration is created by diversity. Looking outside of the industry to bring onboard different thinkers, finding people with different belief systems, different values, different walks of life. But this requires true leadership to foster a culture of collaboration versus compliance. It also requires a change in hiring practices – not friends from CROs but people with experience from other parts of the pharma and healthcare industry.

"Positive experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

True positive experience, supportive colleagues and upper management, great place to learn about clinical trials. They do good interesting work with imaging data and have some skilled workers who are very knowledgeable and share workload of their colleagues. Good benefits and work from home options.

Cons

Very minimal and basic pay, high turn around.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your workers. Provide competitive salaries to your dedicated employees.

"Needs a Lot of Improvement"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bioclinica offers training and opportunities for those who are looking to get a foothold in the industry. Experienced individuals should look elsewhere. Work-life balance is ok. Team members are dedicated and easy to get along with.

Cons

Senior management is quite disconnected from the day-to-day challenges and logistics of the organization. There are issues with integration and collaboration across business units. Morale is low, as there is little respect for employees or the work that they do. Poor outlook for the future.

Advice to Management

Force leadership to lead. Encourage communication and treat your workers better. Once you solve the core problems of the organization, success will follow. You have many assets in your hands and a lot of potential.

"Fine work, good people, not enough help!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent Benefits
    -Work from Home (2-3 Days a week for most)
    -Good People

Cons

-Way too much work to go around
    -Unwilling to hire new staff to help
    -Too many approvals for everything
    -lower than standard pay

Advice to Management

Hire more people, with the right background, and pay them accurately!