Bioclinica Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bioclinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

Pros
  • Good benefits and work from home options (in 7 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is supported and the benefits are above average for a software company (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Bioclinica will continue to lose talented people as the work/life balance becomes intolerable (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely low pay to those who have been loyal to the company (in 11 reviews)

"Needs a Lot of Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bioclinica offers training and opportunities for those who are looking to get a foothold in the industry. Experienced individuals should look elsewhere. Work-life balance is ok. Team members are dedicated and easy to get along with.

Cons

Senior management is quite disconnected from the day-to-day challenges and logistics of the organization. There are issues with integration and collaboration across business units. Morale is low, as there is little respect for employees or the work that they do. Poor outlook for the future.

Advice to Management

Force leadership to lead. Encourage communication and treat your workers better. Once you solve the core problems of the organization, success will follow. You have many assets in your hands and a lot of potential.

"Could Use Serious Improvement"

Current Employee - Management in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Management in Princeton, NJ

Pros

People are generally friendly. Bagels on Friday.

Cons

1. Rigid with policies - no work improvement processes
    2. Salary is profoundly low for industry standard
    3. High turn-over due to salary and nature of work
    4. CTMS are clunky, very slow - cause major work stoppage, delay issues, causing longer hours of work in order to complete deadlines
    5. Workload is high due to low staff issues
    6. Almost 1/2 of the staff is never in the office, but all ee's are required to dress in biz casual clothing (most of their competitors allow casual dress).

Advice to Management

If you paid your employees as they should (you are a 100-200 million dollar profit company) then your turn-over wouldn't be so grossly high. Improve your systems, they are causing major work delays. People are so over-worked that they don't stop to take ANY breaks.

"Used to be a nice place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

I worked at Bioclinica (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees to work with well the one that are left .

Cons

No mentoring or career path, Employees that have been there for long period of time are jumping ship because of constant lay offs. Not sure what direction this company is going in. Company is moving jobs overseas.

"Imaging Operations Assosicate"

Current Employee - Imaging Operations Associate in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Imaging Operations Associate in Newark, CA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to get foot in the door in clinical trial / pharma industry. Good people

Cons

low pay, below average managers

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they are worth.

"IOA"

Former Employee - Imaging Operations Associate in Newark, CA

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Horrible Management; No career paths; Poor guidance

"Clinical Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

The people. In my time working here, I've met some great people who are hardworking, friendly and genuinely want to help you.

Cons

Burn out. More work with less people. Often we receive projects that are contracted, but Bioclinica does not have the capability to do or has to newly develop. Given a lead time of a month to figure out everything - and the PM is stuck figuring out the solutions and begging internal teams to re-organize work to meet timelines. The cycle that never stops. Terrible work-life balance. Working a 10 hour day is minimum.

Advice to Management

Look in to lead time, capabilities and resourcing before signing work. Upper management gets their commissions, but the worker bees get stuck with the challenge and constant demands.Look into improving turnover rates. Time is wasted in training new people to have them leave after being burned out in a short amount of time. Provide incentives.

Oct 7, 2016 – Talent Acquisition and HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We at Bioclinica value and appreciate all feedback from current and former employees and are keenly focused on ensuring that all of our employees ... More

"Clinical Operations"

I worked at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Great people. Lots of experience in a short amount of time. If you have a degree, one year of experience will get you a good job at a CRO or sponsor that pays much more.

Cons

Only good for college graduates or someone who wants to get their foot in the door. Poor management. High turnover rate so the department is always short-staffed. Everyone is overworked, and it's normal to work overtime almost every day. Some stay extremely late (8pm - 1am) and work on weekends. Very low pay. Many start looking for a new job before their 1 year. Everyone wants to leave before the next person because they know they will get more work piled on them. The company is too focused on financial growth, so it is unlikely they will change their ways.

Advice to Management

Hire more people instead of giving studies to those who work the least overtime. The turnover rate will remain unless the base pay increases. Sponsors and CROs will keep taking talented workers unless senior management starts listening to Ops.

Oct 7, 2016 – Talent Acquisition and HR

"Soul-crushing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southampton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southampton, PA

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people work here. In my 5+ year career there, I worked closely with quite a few friendly, intelligent, hardworking people, some of whom I've stayed in contact with.

Cons

I spent over 5 years there in several different departments, kept my nose to the grindstone, established great working relationships, made myself visible and accessible to upper management, and never got as far as I liked. I was never really promoted even when I took on more responsibility and held things together when we were dramatically under-staffed. There compensation was laughable. The only upside was that I was able to work an almost unlimited amount of overtime in that time period. But they definitely don't care about their employees having a healthy work/life balance. I slowly climbed my way up the ladder but just became increasingly more unhappy. I was stretched so thin and things got so stressful I literally started having panic attacks. From what I gathered in my time there, they only paid their project managers and finance employees fairly. So many mergers and acquisitions lead to a lot of good people getting canned, and there was a high turnover for the talented, hardworking employees. Management had a lot of unrealistic expectations and it wasn't unusual to work on projects for months that would ultimately get canceled.

Advice to Management

Spread the wealth. Reward those that are dedicated and hardworking. Keep salaries competitive. Do more to keep morale up. Show employee appreciation.

"Good for experience, but too many changes in short order"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Bioclinica (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment, opportunities to work in different therapeutic indications, telecommuting flexibility, and the ability to gain a lot of experience in a relatively short amount of time.

Cons

Company has gone through several mergers and acquisitions in a relatively short period, and has not dedicated sufficient time and resources to integration. High turnover due to constantly changing corporate culture and unsettled atmosphere. Salaries are not competitive with market, and employee cost of benefits is on the high side.

Advice to Management

Employees are treated as numbers and not individuals, resulting in low morale. Turnover will continue unless ongoing complaints are addressed. Merger integration needs to occur more gradually; the hasty and disruptive nature in which changes are made not only creates issues internally, but raises client concern as well. Also may want to reconsider salary and benefits packages to be more competitive. Happy and secure employees create a better end product - which means satisfied clients and repeat business.

"Too many VPs"

I worked at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Flexibly schedule, working from home is optional in some roles.

Cons

A lot of change happened at Bioclinica in a quick amount of time. When the new President of eHealth took over he talked a big talk. In his initial introductory meeting to the division he talked about how he was going to promote internal growth and development. He even mentioned the word bonus, a thing Bioclinica employees haven't seen in years...and since many employees are so new, they haven't seen ever. At first I was receptive to his words, I truly thought things were going to change and get better. While things might get better eventually, I have to say things definitely got worse. My positive outlook did not last very long and it eventually led to me leaving the company altogether.
    Bioclinica keeps hiring VPs and letting good people walk out the door. There is too much work and not enough people to do it, and the people left are new and don't know the things that seasoned people once knew. People leave because the workload is too great and the pay is too little. Why stay at a job where you are overworked to earn more money with less responsibility somewhere else?

Advice to Management

Work on keeping your current employees happy and engaged. You may not care if they leave or not but clients will care when all of the seasoned people are gone.

May 11, 2016 – Talent Acquisition and HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review, we're sorry that you feel this way - we're taking your words very seriously. We're very focussed on keeping our employees engaged, happy and ... More