Bioclinica Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Bioclinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also respect the company for the work-life-balance approach (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits and work from home options (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Bioclinica will continue to lose talented people as the work/life balance becomes intolerable (in 12 reviews)

• High turnover rate so the department is always short-staffed (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunity, Few Dull Moments"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bioclinica has certainly been a journey from day one. I have been with the company for a year and 4 months, and I have learned so much in that time. I can see a difference in how I've built relationships, learned about the industry (which I was never in prior to Bioclinica, or my role itself), interactions with employees on all levels, my performance, how I take charge of my own development, and how I communicate with my manager and team. If there is any constant at Bioclinica, it is change. I feel there is a lot of opportunity here if you seek it, and there is rarely a dull moment. For me, those are both huge positives to the workplace and learning culture at Bioclinica. I also respect the company for the work-life-balance approach.

Cons

The cons to Bioclinica would perhaps be change- ONLY if anyone does not deal well with change. You need to be flexible, adaptable, and have a positive attitude if you want to endure and succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep improving your departmental training with your teams.

2. "Growing Company - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bioclinica is growing steadily, so there are a lot of new career opportunities. The work is important, and it feels good to contribute toward the advance of new medicines that benefit so many people. Full of friendly, smiling people. The Florida division is big on its core values of integrity, collaboration, quality, and results. If you perform well, you can earn promotions and move up.

Cons

This could be part of the rapid growth, but sometimes internal communications are slow or lacking.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep up the great work. Be sure to collaborate across divisions and communicate regularly to staff.

3. "Manager"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

This is a company that actually cares about their employees. They invest in their employees. When organizational changes are made they hold a town hall to inform everyone on what's going on. Great benefits

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this company.

"Outstanding Leadership"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My family recently encountered a tough situation, requiring escalation to the CEO for decision making. John Hubbard exemplified all of the leadership qualities essential to taking care of his employees: ability to listen, flexibility to quickly accommodate unique requests, and genuine interest to assist when possible. Dr. Hubbard's positive consideration makes me proud to be part of the Bioclinica Team!

Cons

Bioclinica's leadership is strengthening through times of transition.

"Great strategy & Talented people = Successful future."

Current Employee - Director in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment with a staff focused on improving health and helping our clients bring life changing drugs to market. I love working for a company that I know is making a positive difference in the lives of so many. The learning opportunities are there for the asking. The firm has great benefits and meaningful work.

Cons

Like most professional services company experiencing significant rapid growth, there are challenges around striking the right balance of staffing/forecasting when talent is needed. However the proper strategies are in place to propel the people and the company forward.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Work the GTM plans as you created them. Continue to invest in the teams and empower us to make great decisions for the firm.

"Great place to grow"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can build your own career because it is a fast paced, ever changing environment which creates opportunities for those who are interested in developing themselves. If you like to be creative, improve processes, and solve problems this is a place that is open to new ideas and continued evolution.

Cons

As with any growing company, things change constantly, and if you are unwilling or unable to change and grow yourself, you will not be successful.

Advice to Management

Attract talented people who take an active role in shaping the company. Avoid people who expect everything to be perfect and operating like a large company.

"Working at Bioclinica"

Current Employee - Corporate QA Director
    Current Employee - Corporate QA Director

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's mission is in line with our industry's goal in bringing innovation and insight into the clinical trial landscape.

Cons

So far no downsides. Possibly need more integration between divisions.

Advice to Management

Always consider engaging leadership in various segments to be more inclusive. We need to be centralized and communicate across divisions more effectively.

"Opportunity, Work/Life Balance, Transition is Stabilizing"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Bioclinica over a year, growth through acquisition has brought many opportunities for employees that proactively seek them. Work/Life balance is supported and the benefits are above average for a software company. The pharma market is changing and it is a great opportunity for us to improve clinical trial efficiency, research analysis and patient outcomes with our solutions. There is a well defined market strategy that the product teams are coalescing towards.

Cons

Dealing with change: The company has recently gone through an ownership change and the process took that attention of management and the teams. We are now moving out of that phase and the focus is returning to strategy and product delivery.

Advice to Management

Communicate openly with employees, constantly share the vision, challenge the teams to do great things.

"Forward Thinking Organization - Connecting Talent with Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bioclinica values partnering with internal business segments; so each team member experiences the benefit of learning what one another’s defined skill-set is and how it enhances their focus area. Resulting in each employee having a better understanding of their colleagues daily core responsibilities and goals for themselves and their department. This allows employees to have a goal of working as an even more cohesive team.

An opportunity to work and partner with intelligent, driven and forward thinking team members.

Understands and values work life balance with offerings such as working remote and/or home locations.

Constantly looking for ways to set more efficient processes by gathering employees thoughts and ideas; along with investing in technology to meet these objectives.

Cons

At times, project timelines could be tight, however, support along the way is there and feedback to management is valued.

Advice to Management

Anytime employees feel empowered and have a sense of ownership, this usually promotes positive morale and each team member yearning for more out of their role. Keep aiming toward accomplishing this within the organization and you will see even more greatness from employees!

"This is the place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, leadership, sector, continuous improvement

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership!