Bioclinica Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bioclinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

Pros
  • There was some great people to work with before the reduction in force had them walked out (in 10 reviews)

• A very few good people remaining (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Bioclinica will continue to lose talented people as the work/life balance becomes intolerable (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely low pay to those who have been loyal to the company (in 10 reviews)

"This is the place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, leadership, sector, continuous improvement

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership!

"Great company with a great future"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Bioclinica (More than a year)

Pros

Been employed at Bioclinica almost two years and there have been changes...for the better! Excellent Leadership Team - has a clear vision and growth plan for the company. Cares about employees and management works very hard at doing the right things for employees.

Cons

None - good solid company with great values and commitment to employees.

Advice to Management

I've seen some of the negative comments, please just keep heading down the road you're on. It's hard from people to accept change and the company is changing for the better.

3. "EXCITEMENT is in the air!!!!"

Current Employee - Director of Data Management in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Director of Data Management in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having a blast here at BioClinica in the eClinical division. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with huge growth potential and don't mind working hard, this is "THE PLACE" to be. I wish I had made the move earlier. Recent new leadership with great business vision will help us get where we want to be.

Cons

In my mind there are no cons. I admit that we are working extremely hard but that's what is required when the business is getting a fresh injection of ideas, direction, and energy. With all of that comes more customers and to handle the new customers and keep them satisfied we must work as hard and smart as we can. This is not the place to come if you are not a hard worker. This is not the place to come if you don't hold yourself up to excellent ethical and work standards. The work/life balance will improve as we recruit high quality candidates that are motivated to do the best job possible.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

5. "Employee"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

Great place to work, growing company

Cons

no comment at this time

"A great first year, really enjoying being part of the Bioclinica family!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE WORK - is interesting and challenging at the same time, i'm in Talent Acquisition and responsible for assisting multiple divisions find the right talent across the globe.

COLLEAGUES - are fantastic, not just in my team but all the managers and people I deal with.

Cons

I am yet to experience anything that I would describe as a con, the company is growing, we are extremely busy in Talent Acquisition so maybe more team members to help us find even more candidates for our open roles?

Advice to Management

I appreciate the regular updates from our CEO and others in Senior Management about the company/news about growth and acquisitions. I also enjoy the Town Hall events to hear how well the divisions are performing, I am looking forward to improving our Employer Brand and updating our careers page etc - I am glad Management have decided to focus on improving this moving forward.

"Brilliant workplace"

Former Employee - Clinical Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Clinical Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, the work is challenging, processes are efficient, and my line manager was BRILLIANT. Loved it there!

Cons

Can't think of much... Maybe the Synarc/BioClinica integration could be a bit tighter. It was confusing at times! The office was very quiet too.

Advice to Management

Work on aligning processes between legacy companies

Bioclinica Response

May 11, 2016 – Talent Acquisition and HR

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review here on Glassdoor, we are focussed on ensuring any mergers or acquisitions run smoothly and that we look after our current and new employees equally.

"Small public company with great potential"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time

Pros

- public company with 500 employees makes you feel like your contributions can really affect the bottom line
    - most products are technologically ahead of competitors offerings, allowing for great growth potential
    - 30 total days off per year is well above average in US (9 holidays + 21 vacation/sick days)
    - Strong teams and sense of teamwork in most areas I have seen
    - Open to new product lines and market areas
    - The pharma/clinical community has a generally high level of respect for BioClinica products

Cons

- Geographic diversity (Philadelphia, Boston, Seattle, New London, Lyon France, Leiden Netherlands) means spreading out a small work force
    - Management tends to be conservative with its finances

Advice to Management

Spend aggressively to stay ahead of the competition and focus on the many technology gaps that still exist in the clinical environment