Bioclinica Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bioclinica President & CEO John Hubbard
John Hubbard

Pros
  • Work from Home (2-3 Days a week for most) (in 6 reviews)

• There was some great people to work with before the reduction in force had them walked out (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Bioclinica will continue to lose talented people as the work/life balance becomes intolerable (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely low pay to those who have been loyal to the company (in 11 reviews)

"I'm just glad I quit prior to killing myself! My best paying, worst employer to date."

Former Employee - Clinical Operations Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Clinical Operations Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility - As long as you're willing to make up the time or take it as PTO, you can come and go as you please.
    Benefits - Very good in this regard.

Cons

Middle management lies and cares more about hiring friends/family than those best suited for the position. They'll say you didn't get the position due to your behavior, but the behavior they're referring to is the complaints they receive from particular employees that have to work with limited resources to complete their daily tasks in a timely fashion.

Cost-of-living raises come on average once every six years and will only be approx. 3%.

Also, they don't replace employees that leave but instead pile the work on others with no compensation. If you're lucky you may receive a BioBravo award for your efforts LOL. However, that's only if your manager puts you in for it. So you could probably imagine who would be chosen for these.

Advice to Management

To middle managers, what kind of behavior is acceptable? You think going around stating that an Ex-CEO prior to the Synarc/BioClinica merge was sleeping with his receptionist is acceptable (as you deny it but know it's true), but then decline promotion to an employee based off their behavior when it's complaints about work resources to complete daily tasks. Like... Seriously.

"down the hill"

Pros

not much left since most of the good leadership is gone

Cons

lack of leadership.
    poor vision
    lack of oriotation

Advice to Management

take care of employees

"They will keep the money you have earned if you have an emergency (like your Father died)!"

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My boss was a good boss. I have no complaints about my manager.

Cons

I wish I spent more time looking for a job and checked their policies more carefully. This company has horrible policies. If you have an emergency, do not expect to get paid on the time you've earned. This company will steal your money...

Advice to Management

Be fair and pay your employees on the time they have earned.

"Clinical Data manager"

Former Employee - Data Reviewer in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Data Reviewer in Allentown, PA

I worked at Bioclinica (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedule . great co workers. beautiful work place. work from home option 1 day out the week

Cons

terrible management. over worked. only allow over time at the end of the month and required to meet the numbers no matter how long you had to work to reach it. All the upper manangement are friends. No pay increase. Terrible lack of leadership. can not work from home if unable to make it into the office even if you can work remotely from home with no issues. New hires are in different buildings and states so you cant really sit one on one with your manager. Too much employee turn around.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your friends. Stop hiring people that do not qualify for the postion. hire more workers. your staff has no personal time.

"Horrible management"

Pros

Flex hours, benefits, no overtime or weekend work.

Cons

There's so many, management had no clue what they were doing.

Advice to Management

Fire all of upper management and start over.

"Don't work here. Bad career move."

Former Employee - Assistant Clinical Project Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Clinical Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Bioclinica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. I seriously can't think of anything positive.

Cons

Worst job ever. No training provided. You will be expected to work 24/7. Good luck.

"Poor Upper Management."

Pros

The people, flexible hours, PTO and benefits are probably the best things about this job. Though, the benefits is average, nothing great.

Cons

Overworked employees without an even crappier raises. It doesn't matter how much time you put into your work, if you haven't worked there for a year, don't even think of getting a raise. Upper management is a joke. People get promoted based on who you know and who you are close with. Personally, my manager is great but even that person gets screwed over by upper management. The company is growing fast, we are getting more and more studies but they won't give us more people or any incentives to stay. The turnover is amazingly fast here. You can get the same job for way more pay after you've gotten the experience.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more.

"Senior management actions speak louder than their words"

I have been working at Bioclinica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bioclinica has an excellent software development and testing organization, and makes efforts to evolve and improve practices. Previously lacking strategic direction has been established, though execution has been mixed.

Cons

Turnover remains a huge problem which the acquisition of Synowledge has only made worse. Many (maybe all) eHealth functional areas have had an on-shore hiring freeze for months, and developers, testers, and support employees lost must be replaced with hires in India. However, the hiring process in India is incredibly painful and drawn-out, with the result that critical roles go unfilled for 6 months or longer, and the company cannot even maintain existing staffing levels, much less hire the resources needed for planned expansion. On top of that, valuable subject matter expertise is flying out the door and not being rebuilt.

To make matters worse, senior management has made promises of internal, global opportunities for existing employees without action to back those promises. On the contrary, new layers of management seem to come on board via external hires every couple of weeks. Most of those jobs- especially senior positions- are filled without ever posting the openings and seem to be occupied exclusively by friends of the company's newest VPs.

Advice to Management

If you mean to create opportunity and grow existing talent, then do it. Quit hiring new VPs. Quit creating new management positions for your buddies. Tell your employees about new opportunities. Give people the tools and resources they need to do their jobs and execute against your strategy. Quit chasing non-strategic deals that take resources away from realizing your vision.

"PSS"

Current Employee - PSS in Princeton Meadows, NJ
    Current Employee - PSS in Princeton Meadows, NJ

Pros

Good stepping stone for your career

Cons

Management only cares about themselves

"Bioclinica...a psychiatric hospital that pretends to be a CRO"

Pros

None. Really there are none. You will regret working here 100%. I tried hard to figure out one pro so here it is: fridays work from home.

Cons

Wow not sure where to start. I preface this by saying I am not a disgruntled former employee whatsoever. My review is based in my objective opinion on what I experienced first-hand, and is completely true without an ounce of exaggeration.

*absolute morons in leadership roles
    *executives hire their friends for leadership roles because they value loyalty more than ability
    *lies, misdirection and deceipt are commonplace here in communication between management and direct reports
    *harassment (both sexual and verbal) happens all the time here. HR pretends to care, but do not. Nor do they act.

Advice to Management

Speak to the real issues here that you most definitely are aware of. Show some humanity. Keep a PM more than 5mins. Put aside your egos because you are absolute nobodies in this industry, and while you drive beautiful cars and rule with an iron fist, that doesn't mean people respect you here. Hard work and professionalism garners respect. You idiots and your larger than life egos are both hilarious and sad.

Advice to JLL Partners: Sell bioclinica while you can. Hold management accountable for their disastrous business decisons. You could have a $3B valuation inside of 3 years if you didn't have these trainwrecks in charge.

Bioclinica Response

Jun 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition and HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We at Bioclinica value and appreciate all feedback from current and former employees and are keenly focused on ensuring that all of our employees ... More