45% would recommend to a friend
(158 total reviews)
45% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management was antiquated and old school." (in 10 reviews)
- "I am not sure how it is for other departments and and I am saying this to support future professional workers, Clinical Department former and current managers definitely where abusive with the subordinates." (in 5 reviews)
- "I literally can't think of any other than it's extremely bad leadership (country manager) in my work experience, not good for career develop" (in 4 reviews)
- "Upper Management is fickle and does not value employees" (in 4 reviews)
- "been or never were employees and gave them exorbitant salaries/ guaranties, only to be taken to the cleaners and dismissed the loyal pre" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Biotronik and is not affected by filters.
Found 158 of over 236 reviews
Updated Nov 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Aug 27, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLake Oswego, OR
The pay was pretty decent and the benefits were good. Working at Biotronik wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the arrogant and self-centered upper management.
It was incredibly stressful working here since 90% of the time employees didn't know what to do because of the terrible communication by the upper management. They expected us to perform complex task while only going off on the vague instructions they give us. What usually ends up happening is with us doing things completely differently from what they wanted and upper management berating us for being incompetent. It's taken a toll on everyone that works here, with a lot of people leaving shortly after they get hired, resulting in a high turnover rate.
- 1.0Sep 22, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Some of my colleagues were good people who actually wanted me to succeed. It's hard to find that the today's time!
They want to imitate the success of brands like Abbott but don't want to hire the resources required to make that growth possible. They lie blatantly about many things, remain vague about important things, and don't give enough respect to people. The leadership also avoids investing in required resources, which leads to extra long and exhausting hours and additional stress for employees.1
- 1.0Sep 8, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
It was impossible for me to even think of any highlights about this job when I had such a terrible experience.
Management does not care about employees. They ignore your work-life balance and just give you absurd amounts of work without a salary to match it. They demand you at your best but fail to provide the tools and guidance for it to be at your best. Me and my coworkers often felt demoralized and stressed because of the management's treatment of us.
- 1.0Aug 21, 2023Field Clinical SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 year
CRM is a good industry to get into.
Read the fine print!!!! You literally can’t quit if you sign one of their contracts so you better hope you love the job. They are so unstructured and unprofessional. If you get a bad rep you will hate your job. No clarity on work hours. No budget! No raises unless you sign another contract. They expect you to give your entire life for the job. If you’re considering working for this company make sure you 100% want to because once you are hired you’re locked in!
- 4.0Jul 17, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Great teamwork via the filed team and internal team (on-site). Manufacturing/supply shortages were not an issue during COVID due to the fact that the company manufactures 99% of their own products.
Large territory and lack of communication with upper management. High turnover rate for upper management.
- 2.0Jul 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
I think the location of the company was good enough. It was pretty easy to reach for me and many others.
There was a lot of instability in the management. Many changes happened, and it created a stressful and chaotic environment. The top management was also terrible at communication, so half of the time, employees didn't know what was happening. All this uncertainty created an attitude of carelessness among employees, and concerned for their future, employees started quitting. It led to a high employee turnover.
- 1.0Aug 13, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
How am I supposed to highlight the pros of a job experience that I didn't find worth the trouble? I can't do that!
The management was awful at employee communication. They didn't want employees to know what was happening. It was stressful and created toxicity in the environment. I was exhausted by the stress and the pressure I was under due to all the uncertainty. The lack of proper employee communication led to chaos in everyone's life.
Biotronik Reviews FAQs
Biotronik has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 236 reviews left anonymously by employees. 45% of employees would recommend working at Biotronik to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.
45% of Biotronik employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Biotronik 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.