Birch Communications "c level" Reviews | Glassdoor

Birch Communications Employee Reviews about "c level"

Found 172 reviews

2.1
Tony Tomae
Pros
Cons
  • "Cbeyond had some good core values; it all went to crap when Birch took over(in 12 reviews)

• "The good people were crushed by the tyrannical senior management that did not care about customer service or staff(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "c level"

Return to all Reviews

"You couldn't pay me enough to go back."

Former Employee - Director in Macon, GA

I worked at Birch Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Majority of the people that work there are terrific.

Cons

C level executives are cut throat and down right mean and unprofessional. Frequent cursing at employees, belittling and talking down to are common place. If you are a "nice guy" in your management style you will never survive at Birch, the hostile environment will push you out the door quickly.

Advice to Management

The old saying you get more with honey than with vinegar is true. Try it...

Birch Communications2017-10-17

"New Direction"

Current Employee - Cloud Solutions Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

New C-Level leadership. Expanding into tier 2 markets. Shifting to a sales centric company. Revamped products. Renewed focus to "Customer First"

Cons

Need more marketing efforts to generate leads and support sales

Advice to Management

Build a better culture, offer flex time/work from home Compensation could be more competitive

Birch Communications2016-11-16

"The Devil is a lie!! Don't Apply - Don't take the job offer!! You've been warned."

Former Employee - Former Sucker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Birch Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

$.25 Vending Machines Work-Life balance decent

Cons

Run...Stay away. Salary below market average. The company has a huge C-level management problem!! The company has a huge C-level management problem!!!

Advice to Management

CEO has a C-Level management (Directors & VP's) problem that will destroy the company. Hi CEO, in the staffing community word is already and spreading fast on the street to stay away from Birch. The inability to source, hire top talent will cause your company to die a slow death!!

Birch Communications2016-02-27

"Quit 84 days after dealing with lies, under-qualified upper mgmt., and illegal work practices"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Birch Communications for more than a year

Pros

Pleasant people in mid-management and below.

Cons

Everything else that makes an efficient business model: Extremely unqualified C-level management ,Directors and disgraceful business practices. Simply google consumer reviews on this abomination of a workplace.

Advice to Management

Resign and let qualified personnel replace you.

Birch Communications2016-02-17
  5. "Clueless"

I worked at Birch Communications full-time

Pros

There are no pros, with the exception of the great Cbeyond people that are still hanging in there. They are a great group of people to work with.

Cons

This company is a ghost ship. The leadership team is completely clueless as to how a forward thinking technology company should be run. There is no desire to innovate, and create, and be a technology leader. The only thing the leaders of this worthless company care about is the next acquisition, which they will bleed dry and let everyone go. I was fortunate enough to be part of a large acquisition and was a necessary...

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who actually cares about more than the wallets of the C levels. Sell to someone who actually cares about the customer experience. Sell to someone who wants to grow and and actually be a technology leader. The current ownership and C levels are nothing more than the lowest bottom feeders in the industry. I have no respect for them at all.

Birch Communications2015-05-18

"Own It."

I worked at Birch Communications

Pros

Birch staffers were very pleasant to work with and professional. The company has a clear vision of its growth plan for the future and puts strong emphasis on customer service, especially at the C-level.

Cons

I worked for Cbeyond and was laid off by Birch shortly after the two companies' infrastructure was integrated. My team was given very little specific direction on who was in charge of what, leading to many delays, confusion and blame when deadlines were missed or information either incomplete or inaccurate.

Advice to Management

Management should learn to put a proper integration and transition plan in place for future acquisitions. The chaos experienced definitely hurt your brand and employee morale.

Birch Communications2015-03-03
  7. "Great People, Good Work Life balance"

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I have understood what is expected of me since day one and how to fulfill those expectations. Great environment to work in. On-boarding process was streamlined and easy. I have had the opportunity to interact with employees up to C level and everyone has been nice, encouraging, and again, helpful.

Cons

Some confusion on correct processes or procedures (legacy Cbeyond vs Birch) but this is very minor in terms of overall organization.

Birch Communications2015-01-26
  8. "Experiencing Birch culture first-hand"

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I currently work for Birch. I was a CBeyond employee prior to the acquisition. I think a lot of negativity can be generated from any acquisition and isn't necessarily attributable to factual information, but to fear of change. Personally, I have weekly interactions with C-level Executives and Directors. Some are by far my favorite people to work with. To note, Paul Guzman (Director, I.T. Infrastructure) (legacy Birch),...

Cons

I do not experience cons specifically related to my group within the organization.

Birch Communications2015-01-26
  9. "One of the Best Companies of my Career!"

I have been working at Birch Communications

Pros

- Excellent work/life Balance!! - Great opportunity for growth/career advancement - Forward thinking mentality with cutting edge technology - Lots of corporate events- Toys for tots, holiday catered lunches, etc. - Business casual environment- Jeans Day Fridays - Organization cares about employees' health/well-being with great benefits, including nice onsite gym with free classes & personal trainers - Transparent...

Cons

- Improve office supplies - Location: Atlanta/Vinings versus Atlanta/Buckhead/Midtown, but still a good commute!

Birch Communications2014-12-19