Birch Communications "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Birch Communications Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 22, 2019

Found 172 reviews

2.1
Tony Tomae
Pros
Cons
  • "Cbeyond had some good core values; it all went to crap when Birch took over(in 12 reviews)

• "The good people were crushed by the tyrannical senior management that did not care about customer service or staff(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Poor Culture"

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The work-life balance was a positive.

Cons

The company doesn't promote within, is in financial trouble, doesn't embrace personal, or professional growth, and the communication is poor from a macro and micro perspective. I wouldn't want any friends or family to work here unless it was for a temporary position.

Advice to Management

Follow through with your messages to your employees. In late 2016 the Executive Leadership team had an All Hands call speaking of organic growth and embracing our cloud-based technology as goals for 2017. A couple months later the company laid off an entire sales channel and pivoted to our legacy products (old technology). The Integrity of the company must improve. Management also needs to add layers of personal and professional...

Birch Communications2017-07-25

"Get Out While You Can"

I worked at Birch Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-My co-workers. If I ever needed help, I knew I wouldn't drown. -Before layoffs, my schedule was perfect. Had an equal work/life balance -Opportunity to learn, if you made it known you wanted to learn

Cons

-When escalating issues to the proper departments, they would give serious pushback -Outages were often, and seeking help for mitigation seemed impossible -No room for promotion -Felt like our team was the last to know or find out any important information

Advice to Management

Sell the web hosting and Cloud Server departments to a company who can do more with it (such as Rackspace). I was there while it was still Cbeyond and although Cbeyond had their problems, it was still a good place to work and move up.

Birch Communications2017-05-02
  3. "Opportunity to Effect Change"

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Birch Communications for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance and amazing colleagues. High value placed on professional growth - through both education and company advancement. Company is growing in a very positive direction with the new CEO and leadership, and there's lots of opportunity to really make a difference in the future of the company.

Cons

Transition to positive growth has been slow and sometimes painful, but the tide has turned and progress is being made.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction you're going. Getting better every day.

Birch Communications2016-08-19
  4. "Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am current employee and been working for Birch/CBeyond for almost 3 years, there were some changes after the acquisition and shuck things a bit, but I can tell you that this is better than before, work-life balance is good, benefits, and the people are awesome. I've been seeing more and more people sent to training's which is something a company needs to invest on to keep their people and talent.

Cons

During the acquisition there was a lot of changes and fear in the environment, people started leaving because they did not want to adjust to the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Birch Communications2016-03-22
  5. "Growing organization! Good time to be in to help shape the future of the company."

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, 401 k matching, work life balance, no micro management, flexible, relaxed dress code, great people to work with and great food options nearby

Cons

Long commute, coffee needs to be improved. More transparency about acquisitions. Not much else to say negatively about the company culture

Advice to Management

Keep

Birch Communications2016-03-09

"The Devil is a lie!! Don't Apply - Don't take the job offer!! You've been warned."

Former Employee - Former Sucker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Birch Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

$.25 Vending Machines Work-Life balance decent

Cons

Run...Stay away. Salary below market average. The company has a huge C-level management problem!! The company has a huge C-level management problem!!!

Advice to Management

CEO has a C-Level management (Directors & VP's) problem that will destroy the company. Hi CEO, in the staffing community word is already and spreading fast on the street to stay away from Birch. The inability to source, hire top talent will cause your company to die a slow death!!

Birch Communications2016-02-27
  7. "The BEST job I have EVER HAD & I played in the NFL"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

$100K+ First Year. Promoted 4x in first year and 5 months for simply hitting my bare quota consistently. I earned (4) 10% Raises in one year. TONS of growth and opportunity. GREAT work/Life balance. Run your own schedule most of the day EVERYDAY

Cons

People who get hired here, become lazy, complain, get fired, then bad mouth everybody and the company but NEVER blame themselves for their lack of productivity because THIS JOB IS SOOO EASY if you SIMPLY LOVE TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY!

Advice to Management

DO NOT EXCEPT PEOPLE WHO ARE FAKE WORKERS! It KILLS the moral for weaker minded individuals and they CRUSH the bad reviews causing others to pass up on POSSIBLY the BEST OPPORTUNITY THEY WILL BE OFFERED when it comes to Base Salary, Commission, Growth and Work/Life Balance.

Birch Communications2015-01-23
  8. "Review of Birch"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Birch Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is an excellent work/life balance with more PTO/paid holidays than I have had at previous companies. My supervisor and team are very easy to work with, are understanding, and are great to bounce ideas off each other. Very positive work environment, where everyone pulls their weight. The executives are real people who can be emailed with questions, concerns and who are just generally “present” and not people...

Cons

There is a small cafe that serves breakfast and lunch, but the food is not the best and the selection is limited. I would recommend bringing your own breakfast/lunch/snacks! Office supplies are limited and I have brought several things from home.

Advice to Management

Keep updating employees on the goals and actions of the company, as we like to be in the loop! Also, please continue to provide employees with perks such as breakfasts/lunches/ and fun events-it makes us feel like we do matter and are appreciated.

Birch Communications2015-01-19
  9. "One of the Best Companies of my Career!"

I have been working at Birch Communications

Pros

- Excellent work/life Balance!! - Great opportunity for growth/career advancement - Forward thinking mentality with cutting edge technology - Lots of corporate events- Toys for tots, holiday catered lunches, etc. - Business casual environment- Jeans Day Fridays - Organization cares about employees' health/well-being with great benefits, including nice onsite gym with free classes & personal trainers - Transparent...

Cons

- Improve office supplies - Location: Atlanta/Vinings versus Atlanta/Buckhead/Midtown, but still a good commute!

Birch Communications2014-12-19