Bird & Bird "law firm" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bird & Bird Employee Reviews about "law firm"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.8
Bird & Bird CEO David Kerr
David Kerr
Pros
  • "Good work-life balance; Stable working hours; flexible lunch time and lovely colleagues (mostly)(in 5 reviews)

• "Great People, great learning oppertunities(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No social mix between the assistants and the attorneys (it is the first international law firm where I worked and faced this situation)(in 3 reviews)

• "gration des stagiaires avec les avocats(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "law firm"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Bird&Bird review"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bird & Bird

Pros

Great colleagues. Great work.

Cons

None. It's a great law firm

Advice to Management

None.

Bird & Bird2017-11-08
  2. "Traineeship Bird & Bird"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bird & Bird

Pros

Very professionnal team and interesting pedagogy by associates and partner.

Cons

Extensible work hours (but this is a law firm)

Bird & Bird2019-10-16
  3. "Did not like it - i left it"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Paris

I worked at Bird & Bird full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good and strong training at the occasion of the onboarding Good Privacy & Security system in place (you will need your badge to print out your documents at the printer, or to go from a floor to another) free coke, coffee and bottle of water

Cons

Assistants gossip a lot The Partner and the Team I was working for always needed things to be done as quickly as possible but never available to discuss the format they wanted it to be delivered. Partner who never understood the purpose of the BD account where to charge the timesheets for the clients waiting to have their account approved and opened by the HQ and afterwards the times transferred from the BD account to the client’s account. Indeed I was pushed to enter the timesheets into the system but was forbidden to charge them on the BD account and was supposed to find a way to charge them on a supposedly client’s account which was not approved yet by the HQ. Was reproached the time taken by the conflict check department to run their process. No social mix between the assistants and the attorneys (it is the first international law firm where I worked and faced this situation).

Advice to Management

Opinions from Interns, Attorneys (Of Counsel and other) and assistants who used to work for this office in Paris were really mitigated.

Bird & Bird2018-12-15