BitTitan "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor

BitTitan Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Nov 6, 2019

3.2
BitTitan CEO Geeman Yip
Geeman Yip
Pros
  • "Free food and an excellent pantry (you can hardly ever find a better pantry in Singapore)(in 22 reviews)

• "The unlimited PTO and unique sabbatical policy are benefits that have allowed me to enjoy a healthy work-life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that are unique to BitTitan(in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management all follows suite and has the same personality(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun Place to Work"

Former Contractor - Marketing in Bellevue, WA

I worked at BitTitan for less than a year

Pros

The people in the marketing department were as nice as can be, in fact so was everyone else in the company, all very welcoming and collaborative when working together. I was well trained on the sabbatical cover I was there for and given all the resources I needed to perform at my job. The office space in Bellevue is nice, the free food was a great benefit, even allowing contractors to eat there. The facilities... group is great at BitTitan, making the environment fun with decorations, happy birthday parties, announcements of upcoming employee events, all of which contractors were invited to participate. The facilities group really made the extra effort to make sure an employee's experience was positive while working there. The HR department is really making efforts to make the employment experience at BitTitan as rewarding as possible. I was even given an exit interview, as a contractor, where I was able to provide my feedback and suggestions. I found BitTitan to be a great experience in my stint out there. A smaller company with a real can-do attitude, I found it a very rewarding and welcoming place to work.

Cons

From my experience as brief as it was, I didn't come away with many cons of BitTitan. As with any workplace it can get busy and a little stressful, but I found it manageable.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great communicative spirit. Each month, there is a "Pulse" meeting where company leaders give the state of the business. I was even welcomed to attend as a contractor, these really gave people a feeling of ownership in the business and I would encourage to keep them up. I am sure they will.

BitTitan2019-11-07

"Not good, don’t recommend"

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, nice office, free food and drinks, fun social events

Cons

The worst management, CEO has major ego and deaf to feedback provided by employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they want the company to succeed.

BitTitan2018-11-25
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Amazing place to intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at BitTitan

Pros

- Free food and snacks - Amazing people to work with, meaningful intern projects to work on - Guided by mentor, learnt a lot from co-workers

Cons

- some of the office apps are outdated - really relies on C# and Microsoft community

BitTitan2018-05-05

"Good and bad"

I have been working at BitTitan full-time

Pros

Great location! The work is also interesting and challenging. I love my co-workers! Thank you for all the free food. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Unethical CEO hires family members, rents his own house to the company, regularly insults employees ("I could do your job better than you"). Senseless spending - oversized office space, fancy speakers, custom soda-making machine...

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO.

BitTitan2018-02-28

"Once a cool startup, no more"

I worked at BitTitan full-time

Pros

Just like many of the other reviewers here, I loved the people I worked with. Yeah, the cool building and free food were great, but the real strength of the company was in its hardworking, fun-loving employees. Now they are leaving the company in droves.

Cons

- Toxic Culture from the top down including constant profanity, degrading your work, unrealistic deadlines, playing the blame game, and lack of culpability. - Broken product life cycle where executives' whims are the driving force behind features, not customer needs or PM research. With endless last minute changes and poor planning, the product ends up suffering from cut corners and half-completed features that... will get fixed "someday". - "I could do your job in a weekend" -CEO, basically to every employee

BitTitan2018-02-20

"What Happened to the Company?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got to work on some fun stuff along w/ some really fun and amazingly smart and talented people. The Co-workers really make this place. Paid parking was nice, free food was awesome, time off, benefits.

Cons

Many smart and talented people keeping this place afloat are now gone. Constant changing and not giving time for an idea or ideas to work - Haste Makes Waste. Patience is a Virtue. Good Things Come to Those Who Wait. A Blind Person who Sees is Better Than a Seeing Person Who is Blind. Bourgie new bldg. upgrades i.e. automated coffee press, stage with overkill sound system, t.v. screens all over the place... that aren't even on, seriously, why are there so many blank t.v's? Customizable soft drink machine - save your money. Emphasis on the companies' value system. Don't get me wrong, the companies' "Values" are good, (I'd chalk them up to common sense if you're a decent human) but its treated like a newfound concept and thus is the company religion. It'd be great if the KINDNESS and LEADERSHIP values were actually exercised by senior management as well as the CEO. I've never met anyone that can motivate one day then belittle / insult his employees the next.

Advice to Management

Exercise the Bottom-up management scenario and LISTEN to your people, so many reviews say this but for some reason it falls on deaf ears. Do as you say and don't just feed the employees a bunch of nice words when its convenient. Day 1 we're told we are ALL leaders...

BitTitan2017-12-14

"There’s a lot of tech companies in WA and I still choose to stay at BT"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at BitTitan full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Super smart coworkers to learn from * A huge new office with all the free food and drinks you could want. Even beer! * The company has the energy of a startup but the stability of a mature company * The company is growing so there’s opportunities for career growth if you stick around

Cons

* Everyone is super passionate about their jobs which can lead to some heated discussions when there’s a disagreement * We’re growing so fast its taking upper management some time to adjust

BitTitan2017-11-12

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Sales in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at BitTitan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, good people, coffee is fine. Everything besides the actual job is great.

Cons

Commissions never paid on time or in full Management in both C/D levels are dogmatic and abusive Little to no chance of promotion Pay as little as possible for employees

Advice to Management

Value your people, empower them, listen to them. Abusing, violently disagreeing, and being condescending towards your employees generates no value for the business or the work environment Pay a fair rate for work. Stop low balling people, selling them on great work culture, and then saving on every penny possible.

BitTitan2017-12-19

"The Death of Camelot"

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food. Flexible time. Good co-workers. That's really it. It's a facade but up to make the company look better than it really is. If you are lower down on the chain, it's probably not a bad place to work but as you move up, the problems start.

Cons

Much of the cons others have noted are true. Management is lacking. Workload is unbearable. It starts at the top and when the CEO is a bully and thinks he can do everyone's job better than they can there is a problem. Unfortunately, this used to be a good company. However, once it grew past a certain point, it started to go downhill. The investor funding was the big killer, or at least the timing of when things... started to really go bad. The change in product direction has hurt everything from customer relations to development. The company is floundering and will fail unless something drastic is done and that probably means limiting what the CEO can do before he guts every department.

Advice to Management

Nothing said in a review will make them change. This is more a warning to others to stay away.

BitTitan2017-11-13

"Screwed over and lied to CONSTANTLY - Recommend to your enemies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No accountability i guess can be good if you don't want to grow or be challenged. Free food. Good people work in midlevel. Company parties bring you back to college.

Cons

I'm just going to make a list cause putting all the things wrong with this place in paragraph form would be a novel, one I'm considering writing. - Executives are ego maniacs that do not take any outside advice. - Software testing is done by non trained regular employees doing "Bug bashes a week before the code goes into production. - The revenue targets keep going up even while they admit the product has... failed. - The revenue is not tracked properly costing employees thousands in bonus structure commissions with explanations of "well that just extra anyways". - The new product is basically just a way to make instructions. - NO training program - Executives that don't even know what the product does or how our clients work with our technology -

Advice to Management

Operate like a normal company, Stop being so damn cheap and actually fully staff your customer management teams to be able to support your giant client base which is getting smaller by the day. TEST YOUR SOFTWARE UNTIL IT WORKS IN ALL SCENARIOS CLAIMED Have a backup plan cause your stock isn't going to be worth anything.

BitTitan2017-10-14