BitTitan "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor

BitTitan Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Feb 27, 2019

3.2
BitTitan CEO Geeman Yip
Geeman Yip
Pros
  • "Free food and an excellent pantry (you can hardly ever find a better pantry in Singapore)(in 22 reviews)

• "The unlimited PTO and unique sabbatical policy are benefits that have allowed me to enjoy a healthy work-life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that are unique to BitTitan(in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management all follows suite and has the same personality(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Alliance Manager in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Company, strong benefits, unlimited time off

Cons

Culture was a problem with senior management

Advice to Management

Culture is incredibly important and can make or break a company

BitTitan2019-02-27

"Good Engineers, Bad Management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A couple really talented engineers got talked into working here, and I built a network which now extends to multiple great companies

Cons

CEO cannot take advice from anyone. Has a very big ego and believes he is some type of god among tech management. Would frequently brag about his skills and how if he left BitTitan he would be a exec at Amazon or somewhere else easily. Senior management all follows suite and has the same personality.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, drop the egos, get more organized, stop making decisions that affect the jobs of people impulsively and without any data

BitTitan2018-05-05
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"What Happened to the Company?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got to work on some fun stuff along w/ some really fun and amazingly smart and talented people. The Co-workers really make this place. Paid parking was nice, free food was awesome, time off, benefits.

Cons

Many smart and talented people keeping this place afloat are now gone. Constant changing and not giving time for an idea or ideas to work - Haste Makes Waste. Patience is a Virtue. Good Things Come to Those Who Wait. A Blind Person who Sees is Better Than a Seeing Person Who is Blind. Bourgie new bldg. upgrades i.e. automated coffee press, stage with overkill sound system, t.v. screens all over the place... that aren't even on, seriously, why are there so many blank t.v's? Customizable soft drink machine - save your money. Emphasis on the companies' value system. Don't get me wrong, the companies' "Values" are good, (I'd chalk them up to common sense if you're a decent human) but its treated like a newfound concept and thus is the company religion. It'd be great if the KINDNESS and LEADERSHIP values were actually exercised by senior management as well as the CEO. I've never met anyone that can motivate one day then belittle / insult his employees the next.

Advice to Management

Exercise the Bottom-up management scenario and LISTEN to your people, so many reviews say this but for some reason it falls on deaf ears. Do as you say and don't just feed the employees a bunch of nice words when its convenient. Day 1 we're told we are ALL leaders...

BitTitan2017-12-14

"Understaffed, Underpaid, and sometimes the CEO will scream at you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time for more than a year

Pros

BitTitan provides many interesting perks, such as free food, occasional catered lunches, interesting team-building events, etc. Also, many great people, and many of the smartest Engineers I've ever worked with.

Cons

The majority of positive reviews on Glassdoor for BitTitan are written by HR, or a member of senior management (upon request from HR), in an attempt to game the ratings system. The issues brought up consistently in other reviews by former employees are definitely valid, and should cause one to approach BitTitan with caution. CEO has a reputation for name calling, bullying, and intimidation, and I have personally sat... in many meetings that ended with several minutes of shouting and bullying from the CEO. Many key positions are understaffed, because the company pays significantly less than market salary. Employees who do stay are often forced to work long hours to make up for lack of staffing in key areas, such as engineering. Many serious challenges exist for management, and while I emphasize in many cases, ultimately this leads to a poor work environment for most employees and many talented people are unhappy.

BitTitan2016-11-07