Biz Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Biz Technology Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2019

Found 16 reviews

4.1
Biz Technology Solutions CEO Mike Chouffani (no image)
Mike Chouffani

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Controller in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the culture and laid back atmosphere here at Biz Tech. We have a great team of people which make coming to work fun. We work hard and play hard. We have a Social Committee that is constantly coming up with fun ways to get everyone involved at work. We recently had an Easter Egg hunt with trivia questions that had to be answered in the eggs. Everyone had such a great time and worked together in teams. ... The work we do is challenging and fulfilling. The owners truly care about all employees and it shows in the benefits at the company.

Cons

We all have deadlines that must be met since we are a service company. Sometimes those deadlines require working outside the normal 8-5 hours, but that is minimized as much as possible.

Biz Technology Solutions2019-04-24

"I've never dreaded coming to work!"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had jobs in the past where I absolutely did NOT want to go to work, I would dread it. Since starting at Biz Tech almost 7 years ago, not one time has that happened. Sure, there are times I'd rather be at the beach ;) But overall, the environment and culture BTS provides, and the people who work here, always makes my work day fun yet productive. BTS always provides something to look forward to that keeps... office morale up!

Cons

Like any customer service job, sometimes we have to deal with upset clients, its just the nature of the industry. It's never fun being the person they call when they are so upset, but finding the answer they need to get their issues resolved softens the blow a little bit.

Biz Technology Solutions2019-04-24

"Great Opportunities for Eager and Hardworking Individuals"

Current Employee - Administrative in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Biz Technology Solutions roots began with two brothers and continually grows. Through the exploration of new technology, BTS offers more to the client. This exploration challenges employees to think outside the box and to be more innovative. Biz Technology offers a diverse work environment with many different cultures embedded within our organization. The benefits and pay are competitive to similar organizations.... BTS has its employees health in mind offering many ways to stay fit and healthy. Biz Technology Solutions is a great place to work for hard-working and eager individuals.

Cons

The technology industry is ever-changing and at times can pose challenges for any organization. Biz Technology Solutions has proven experience and tools to overcome these hurdles.

Biz Technology Solutions2019-04-24
  4. "An Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Managed Services Engineer in Statesville, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Biztech are top notch and the management does a great job looking for the right fit rather than technical skills only. The pay is good and management is supportive. The passion of the employees is evident and learning is encouraged and supported.

Cons

Because the hiring process is rigorous it can take time to ramp up when things get busy. It can make things stressful at times, but it works out in the long run.

Biz Technology Solutions2019-04-24
  5. "A great environment for learning and growing"

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with other techs that are knowledgeable and that you can learn from

Cons

Distance from Headquarters, I wish I could be there more

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Biz Technology Solutions2017-07-19
  6. "Very blessed to work at BizTech!"

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer in Kannapolis, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Anyone in the industry knows the pace can be fast and the stress heavy, but it really helps when you look forward to work because of the great people, relaxed atmosphere, and encouragement to grow and develop while adding to the success of the company. I feel the pay is good, and we are clearly rewarded for working hard. Certs are paid for (assuming you pass!) as long as they align with management direction for the... company. I have not had any issues with the benefits package either. Everyone just does their job and appears to care about it. We have fun corporate activities throughout the year (I especially like the bowling activity hint hint). Many of us also play Ultimate Frisbee in Mooresville on Thursday nights (see FB group). My point is that the atmosphere is definitely conducive to minimizing the stress of the job and making it enjoyable.

Cons

My only real hangup at the moment is that we still lean too much towards the cookie-cutter approach to using technology internally. I remember reading an article a while back how many big IT companies in Silicon Valley utilize tech internally (for employees). Basically, whatever you need or want that will help you do your job even better, you have it. While I'm OK with using six virtual desktops (thanks, OSS... VirtualWin!) across two physical monitors, I really do believe I could multitask even better if I had at least four physical monitors (two stacks). At least my computer can finally keep up with me thanks to a new SSD! Now if I could just get more stuff in front of my eyes at one time instead of having 1-4 tickets open at the same time but layered beneath each other! :(

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Biz Technology Solutions2017-07-08

"Great company!"

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees and management are both very passionate about the company!

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time!

Biz Technology Solutions2017-06-30
  8. "Great atmosphere Horrible upper management and executives"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

This business has a Wonderful atmosphere, and great facilities. The employees are very mice for the most part.

Cons

Poor higher level management, executives are two faced. They do not believe employees should have networks outside of Biz Tech they will terminate over it. They are condescending and heartless.

Advice to Management

Be more sympathetic to your employees, listen to them. Be straight forward and do not go behind their backs to fire them. Be a man and do it yourself.

Biz Technology Solutions2016-12-02
  9. "Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid company with great management. Lots of perks, company events, lunches and entertainment. Very well organized and open door management policy. Great place to gain experience in IT as well as marketing.

Cons

Really can't think of any. No company is perfect and I guess if anything could be improved upon it might be along the lines of helping new employees feel connected quicker.

Biz Technology Solutions2016-04-12

"Fun so far!"

I have been working at Biz Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team to work with. Everyone has fun and gets along well. Lots of joking around. Has pool table, ping pong, air hockey, basketball goal, and full gym in back. Many social events such as bowling and cookouts.

Cons

Can be stressful at times as workload can fluctuate from low to high very quickly. Some clients can be a pain sometimes.

Biz Technology Solutions2016-02-12