Bizmates Reviews | Glassdoor

Bizmates Reviews

Updated Dec 13, 2019

4.3
Bizmates President/Chief Quality Officer Hika Ito (no image)
Hika Ito
Pros
  • "The support team is superb since I can always count on their quick response when I encountered some technical problems(in 29 reviews)

• "An individual version of the Trainer Support group(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Skype is a very unreliable platform (I've got my cancellations and emergency due to skype problem)(in 14 reviews)

• "Most are in the very early morning or at the late night slots(in 12 reviews)

"Business English Trainer for a year"

Former Employee - Business English Trainer

I worked at Bizmates part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was really good. Pay was ok. Awesome CEO. Nice Coworkers

Cons

The taxation system. It was very tedious.

Advice to Management

Keep it chill. If you do make changes, don't make it hard on your teachers.

Bizmates2018-09-07
  2. "Salary"

I have been working at Bizmates full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is good. Very helpful

Cons

No cons so plz join its good

Bizmates2019-12-14

"You don't know what you got till it's gone!"

Current Employee - Assessor/English Trainer in Angeles, Pampanga

I have been working at Bizmates full-time

Pros

I have been working as a full- time English Trainer/Assessor for Bizmates for about 2 years now. I have read some of the bad comments about the company. Some say this is a scam. I strongly disagree. I am currently earning 40k and up although not stable but not bad to earn something like this in the Philippines. In September this year, I tried joining a BPO company- AT&T account- that offers basic salary of 25k, if you get lucky and meet the metrics then you can earn 40k associated with STRESS AND IRATE CUSTOMERS-PACKED IN ONE. What an offer! I lasted for only a couple of months because I couldn't absorb all the information, the tools that are so complicated that need to be pulled up in finding the perfect answers to the customer. I said, at Bizmates, the materials are lenient. All I have to do is just to help our POLITE JAPANESE CLIENTS enhance their business communication skills. It was only then I realized how important my job is at Bizmates. At Bizmates, my mom and dad don't have to worry about me when I go to work. I am safe home and I can look after them too. I can enjoy the flexibility of schedule to choose my time off and enjoy it with family. At Bizmates, I am able to contribute financial share at home such as groceries, electric bills etc. and that I can provide my parents vitamins & milk on a timely manner so they stay strong. I have gifted my parents last year Smart Postpaid Plans with mobile phones as Christmas presents. At Bizmates, I was able to get a car-loan from BPI bank because Bizmates automatically pays you on time. At Bizmates, I was able to create my dreams one-step at a time. When I started at Bizmates, I only work in the morning but when I added time in the night right after getting used to waking up late because of my graveyard shift in the call center, then I began to realize that I could earn as much as I want more than any other company could offer. All it takes is TIME AND EFFORT. I work from 4am to 9am and 8pm to 12midnight and sleep during the day. Now, I enjoy more my job and my salary, my time with my family too. I earn 40k and up without any STRESS with our clients. Although the drawbacks are Internet connection issues and power outage which may affect trainer’s KPI score but this is part of the challenge. Life is not a bed of roses. I’d rather face this consequence than try to be a hero in solving the irate customers’ bill issues in the BPO industry. I’m not against BPO industry by the way, I enjoyed my time and met new friends too. But it’s all about JOB SATISFACTION! For me, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND BIZMATES! It’s a LIFE-CHANGING experience! Thank you Bizmates! Thank you Sir Hika and the wonderful TSS Team! We have very accommodating and friendly staff. Try and see for yourself. It’s never too late! You will not only enjoy your time here but you’d be able to attain your dreams one by one!

Cons

None at all. If you have open mind, you would always see the bright side of a bad story.

Advice to Management

I just hope that bonuses would be given to everyone this Christmas! =)

Bizmates2019-12-05
  4. "Best Company for me"

Current Employee - Trainer in Meycauayan

I have been working at Bizmates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this platform. I have been in this company for only three months and it's really nice. I think being a trainer here is my answered prayer. I and my husband is struggling in budgeting our income because we have five children. Now my salary here can augment the needs of my family.I am always excited during payday and the it is advance than the scheduled. Honestly I'm thinking to resign from my recent job to be a full time trainer so I can be with my family and at the same time earning money.

Cons

At first BIR concerns was my problem but so far Bizmates Jig and other trainers helped me fixed this out. Other than that the rest are really amazing.

Advice to Management

Non so far

Bizmates2019-12-03
  5. "Awesome Job a few hiccups here and there but AWESOMe"

Current Employee - Bizmates Trainer in Durban

I have been working at Bizmates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay work from home own boss Oh my God, this is awesome (of course you have to be responsible) Nice materials and friendly students and staff TS and CEO are awesome

Cons

I am struggling with bookings but have been given advice about consistency so i am going to start working on it. The rate i have been told after reaching 500 lessons is increased a bit which is nice.

Advice to Management

You are doing a good job. No complaints so far. Just need some tips on how i can increase my rate so i can earn a decent amount to live a decent lifestyle.

Bizmates2019-11-15
  6. "THE BEST ESL COMPANY I WORKED WITH"

Current Employee - Business English Trainer and Certified Assessor in Manila, Manila

I have been working at Bizmates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- compared to the previous ESL I worked with, Bizmates has a lot of students. I get easily booked (yes, even on my first day of work, which i thought was very unusual because in the previous company i worked with, it took me more than 2 weeks from my first day to get booked). - great colleagues. we often help each other. - best boss! Sir Hika is the best. He always make it a point that he gets involved in every activity that we do. Though he is the CEO, he is very approachable. - Japanese culture is the best. Students are very respectful, even when they dislike you. in my 1.5 years of stay here in Bizmates, i never tried that my student got angry at me nor shouted at me nor dropped the call angrily because they dislike me. (i experienced a student angrily dropped the call in my previous company) - students are mostly JAPANESE PROFESSIONALS or few are graduating university students. there are no kids here. - compensation is the highest among other companies. starting rate is at 140/hour and it could go as high as 230/hour - in relation to compensation, Bizmates also offers incentives. There are many to mention but one of which is raffle draw - to state the obvious, working from home. Mac OS are very much welcome because it only uses Skype and web browser of your choice. - really really flexible working time. You can either work from the morning or evening as long as you work with the peak hours daily (4am to 7am; or 9pm to 12mn PHT), and Bizmates only require 10 HOURS OF WORKING PER WEEK. yes, part timers are very much welcome. - new Bizmates system. it encourages you that if you work harder efficiently, it is easy to increase hourly rate. Well, these are only few Pros that I could share. I remember during my very first HR interview here in Bizmates, the interviewer told me that she has been working in the ESL industry for 12 years (2017 then) and that she also worked from my previous company. She advised me that I am in the best company already and that I should not waste this chance. Glad that I did. I was wondering why my colleagues has been with Bizmates for more than 3 or 4 years already, now I understand. Also, I will be opening a new business for next year (fingers crossed) but I have no plans of leaving Bizmates.

Cons

- Taxation system is difficult in the beginning, thanks to colleagues who share their knowledge about this and it made it easier. - Bizmates contact numbers (calls and sms) are all Smart numbers, making it difficult to contact, especially during sudden power outage

Advice to Management

You are the best company ever! That is why a lot of employees stay for so long. Continue to keep your high standards. Also, hopefully you will be able to produce a contact number in Globe (not just Smart) so that it will be easier to contact you in the future. Other than that, YOU ARE THE BEST!!

Bizmates2019-11-13
  7. "Review"

Current Employee - Trainer/Assessor in Rosario, La Union

I have been working at Bizmates part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have the best support. All of them are kind and super approachable even Matel herself has been very helpful, responsive and kind to clarify things at all times.

Cons

Just the IRB thing if it does not refresh and suddenly a class gets cancelled after you've sacrificed to keep yourself awake so you could press it 30 mins before your class. it's really frustrating. I hope we can make it auto refresh every like 30 seconds

Advice to Management

Can't say, I haven't been here for long. I look forward to more opportunities and so far while reaching out to Matel herself, she gave me clear instructions of how I can achieve this long term goal

Bizmates2019-10-08

"Best days of my life!"

Former Employee - ESL Trainer in Manila, Manila

I worked at Bizmates part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexibility once you get a hang of things -Awesome team - Good pay rate. You are paid what you work for. - Lessons are interesting to teach - Most students can be fun to talk to - Company lunch yearly meeting

Cons

- Scoring called KPI can be a bummer

Advice to Management

Keep going Mr Ito and Bizmates family!

Bizmates2019-09-03

"Amazing STUDENTS from all over the world"

Current Employee - Trainer in Helsinki, Southern Finland

I have been working at Bizmates part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible, convenient, highly professional & reputable

Cons

care for your own employment benefits

Advice to Management

Give further training to admin staffs related to INTERCULTURAL communication skills. For example, I message the HR to follow up about my deactivated account due to refreshing my contract and repeat that they told me I will get a response on the next day. I was told by the HR "IF I SAID THAT I will reply the next day it means "AT THE END OF THE DAY" . My response to this is: You cannot assume people to think that way BECAUSE the end of the day is 12midnight. I and my students are waiting for my account to be activated (to teach for 3days already) due to the system glitch and it is CURRENTLY 12 noon in Manila time and 6 am in Finland (my) time. In Singapore and Finland where I have worked "next day" means the first working hours (about 8 am or 9 am) and not the end of the day which means I will be waiting for 18hours?! This is what I mean by lack of INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS, personal way of communicating cannot be shoved down to other people's throat. Be careful with what you say based on your personal thinking. Nevertheless, I have highly recommended Bizmates to my friends in Singapore which is currently employed, in the Philippines and in Finland who are both in the process of application.

Bizmates2019-09-01

"Not Realistic - You can earn a lot - if you make this your whole life"

Former Employee - ESL Teacher in Manila, Manila

I worked at Bizmates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good website. Seems organized. Impressive to an applicant. Polite and professional interviewers. I have nothing but respect to the people here. I'm writing this so I may be of help in changing and providing better working conditions for home-based employees.

Cons

So you passed the language test, you passed the interviews. Here comes the training. What I can say is it's inconsistent. I went through 3 trainers. One told me my hands moved too much, I should exude...professionalism...something like a newscaster...okay...i went to my next training. I was told I was too stiff. I should move my hands..This really happened. I told them to please put their act together and be consistent. What can I say about blazers? I'm not going to say anything because I don't have anything nice to say except blazers are so like a decade ago:) Ah but those are their rules. It should be respected. A little change in the outfit would be good, though.

Advice to Management

You are given a starting rate and upon your attendance, performance, student feedback and compliance, your rate will rise. It will if you devote your 12 hours of your waking time to conducting classes. If you have a high rating and God forbid something happens and you miss classes, your rating, as well as your pay, will go down. It's discouraging and demotivating. So many teachers, mostly moms and part-timers share this sentiment. Please be more considerate.

Bizmates2019-10-08