Bizness Apps Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Bizness Apps CEO Andrew Gazdecki
Andrew Gazdecki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My short time at Bizness Apps."

Former Employee - Customer Support in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bizness Apps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Andrew the CEO is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met. He really takes care of his employees.

- The office is in La Jolla with a great rooftop view!

- They have a few gems there, but one who really stood out to me was Nick!
    He is an amazing supervisor! He was always very patient with me and is extremely approachable.

- The Development Team is also great. Not only did they their clients feedback into consideration but they also valued Customer Support's feedback. They always try to make it more efficient for us to help the partners and clients.

- The office is dog friendly. Bagel and Truman (dogs) were always happy too see you when you walked into the office.

- The benefits were great and they were very flexible with time off.

Cons

- Honestly, there are not too many cons I can think of except that I had to commute from Chula Vista. It was about a 1.5 hour commute each way.

- Starting wages can always improve.

Advice to Management

- Really try to get an ear on the ground on to how the employees feel about management. It seems that the majority of the staff felt a certain way about specific "issues", but never spoke up about it.

- Rosa is a beast! Keep doing what you're doing girl!

2. "Great start to your career"

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

Lower pay then other similar jobs.

"One of the best places to work in SD"

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great team
    - great product
    - great mentors
    - great atmosphere
    - dog friendly
    - happy customers
    - you learn a lot working here

Cons

- pay could be a little higher
    - work is fairly demanding
    - some clients can be difficult
    - overall nothing too bad, but some days can be very very busy

Advice to Management

continue to invest into your team and well continue to lead this market. i think the shift to progressive web-apps was a great move and gets me excited to come into work knowing we're blazing a trail towards the future of mobile.

4. "Love this company - Not planning to leave any time soon!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The team here is everything! Never before have I worked in an environment where everyone has each other's back so strongly as they do at Bizness Apps. My colleagues are dependable and reliable, and will always step in to help out. The support team is especially close-knit and will do whatever it takes.
    - GREAT culture; heavy emphasis on team building and fun outings/events. The CEO makes it a point to hire people he considers to be a good "culture fit," which adds to the camaraderie and support I mentioned in point #1. I truly consider my coworkers my friends, and we have fun every day. The quality of life at work is therefore excellent.
    - The CEO and management are incredibly talented and driven, yet humble and down to earth. Easy to talk to and easily accessible.
    - Fast paced and challenging work that keeps the day moving quickly! This role has never felt monotonous; technology is constantly evolving and therefore you are bound to learn something new every day
    - The customer support role offers opportunity to learn other valuable skills, including marketing and sales strategy. It's a versatile role and you'll learn a lot more than simple email/phone skills
    - The management team is receptive to new ideas, suggestions, and feedback, and take employee's feelings/ideas seriously. They've also shown that they're committed to helping you grow and advance your career. Nothing will be "handed to you for free," but if you're committed and willing to bring something to the table, you'll have the opportunity to make it happen.
    - Solid benefits with an excellent health care/dental/vision package, 401k, and PTO
    - The office is great; it's a big space with fun music. Every member of the team has their own huge desk with high quality computer/hardware/monitors etc.

Cons

- Honestly, I really like this company and don't have any particular "cons." It is a "learn by doing" environment, and very fast-paced with ever-changing materials. If your learning style is more "classroom" or "lecture" based, then this might not be the role for you.

5. "Best Biz out there"

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working here. This is a place where you come into work excited, not only for the day's work but also for the culture you're surrounded with.
    The foundation of the company is the product and service it offers, which is incredible, to be honest. Working alongside some of the best developers and upper management has been a game changer, not only for the way I now view businesses but for my professional growth as well.

Our leadership and management is top notch. They're receptive, kind, and incredibly smart. They work hard to make BA a fun, productive, and progressive environment. They are invested in our personal development and growth and do all they can to encourage it.

The environment is also incredible. Coworkers feel more like friends and family and it's honestly an enjoyable place to be. Culture is big to us, and the one cultivated is exciting, genuine, and overall... fun. I wholeheartedly trust every member of our team and know I can rely on them for anything the market throws our way.

Cons

The volume can be overwhelming. However, trust between team members, appropriate management involvement, and an environment that allows for open communication helps to combat this. Even though I listed this a "con" I feel the lessons in time management and finding creative solutions has been big for my professional (and personal!) growth.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! Management rocks! :D

6. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Environment:
    The people who work here are honestly what makes this company amazing to work for. Everyone is super dedicated to not only the company/platform but also the professional/personal growth of each other. I began in Support when I first began with BA (right after they had moved from San Francisco to San Diego) and found the entire team from Product to Sales was integral in me excelling at my daily duties.

The Perks:
    Located in La Jolla, the office is in a great spot for just about everything. We are a quick walk to the Cove or to any of the restaurants/shops in the area. Many of our team building exercises are done in the surrounding area or on the building's rooftop. Having a kitchen with provided snacks/drinks is a huge plus and there is also a grocery store across the street if I needed anything else. I have been apart of some really cool quarterly events and happy hours with the team. We do a lot of team building and its a huge emphasis on our culture.

The Position:
    As a support representative, I received a huge amount of materials and hands on training that contributed to me learning the platform quickly and scaling my work load from a rookie to a consistent day-to-day contributor. Anytime I felt stuck or needed help, someone was always willing to assist or help work through a particularly difficult case. Whether it was through email or phones, Support is a blast and our customers are a lot of fun to work with.

Job Growth:
    I have moved up twice since I joined almost 2 years ago. First, I became a Partner Success Manager which allowed me to do sales/marketing training with our new clients. The more involved I was in the day-to-day activities, the more I was noticed and I was eventually promoted to Supervisor where I now am currently. There is definetly more opportunity to grow and the Management Team always makes it a point to discuss where we are at currently (we have monthly one-on-one meetings) and what I need to accomplish respectively to continually grow with the company. I started at a time where they had just moved and a lot of the growth I have had is just due to hard work, being a team player, and caring about my job.

Cons

None to be honest. It is a fantastic opportunity and working here has been one of the more exciting things in my professional career.

Advice to Management

Never lose that ear to the ground pulse! Keeps everyone happy and makes coming into work everyday a blast.

7. "Bizness Apps - An Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment/culture is by far the best of any job I have ever worked at.
    The company outings/snacks/working in La Jolla are just the start.
    The best part of what makes Bizness Apps such a great place to work at, are the people. Very much a work hard but having fun while you do it mentality and that eases a lot of stress that comes with the job.

The CEO and leadership team are fantastic and do a great job of listening to feedback and committing to your career goals. Sales is definitely a challenge no matter what you are selling but it is made easier when you believe in the product and when you are the market leader.
    Getting to work in the tech space is definitely a reward as well.

Cons

Fast paced environment so you need to pick up and learn quickly, which isn't so much a con as it is an opportunity for personal growth.

8. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people, atmosphere, and culture. Not many companies take care of their employees like they do. Everone from CEO down is very accountable to our success. The products are the best in the industry and there is not a day that we do not learn something new.

Lots of perks and the best and smartest people in the land!

Cons

Nothing bad to say other than if you are a slacker - do not apply. They groom you to be the best and your peers will vote you off the island if you do not pull your weight

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example!

9. "Great Company, Amazing Employees, And An Even Better Work Environment"

Current Employee - Mobile Marketing Advisor in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps (More than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging, but also incredibly rewarding. The office is amazing, the atmosphere is relaxed, and this is one of the only places I've worked at where you can see yourself really growing with the company. We've also had some incredible company outings for quarter wrap-ups! You can see they care about their employees.

Cons

The pay is definitely in the ballpark of the industry average, but they don't take into account the cost of living here in San Diego is a heck of a lot higher than other places. Definitely on the low side.

Advice to Management

They do a great job overall. They praise in public and criticize in private, which is exactly how it should be. Keep doin' what your doin'

10. "Stay out of Customer Support"

Current Employee - Customer Support in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bizness Apps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool coworkers, unlimited snacks, beer during work, team building, etc. Basically everything one would need to distract you from poor management.

Cons

Terrible management in Support as well as terrible training. They expect you to learn everything within a month or less. When you ask for help, you don't get it. You get an attitude telling you to try and find it again. Only if you press the issue, will they give you a hint. There is a high turnover rate in Support. Why do you think they're always posting ads for this position on Glassdoor and Indeed? Also, the pay is below industry standard and is not commensurate with experience or assigned job duties. Benefits leave much to be desired. Oh and good luck moving up in this company ;). Also, don't even think of bringing your complaints to the CEO.

Advice to Management

Your support team's success is a reflection of your training methods and attitudes. You want a top notch team then learn how to train better and lose the attitude.

Bizness Apps Response

Feb 17, 2018 – CEO

Hey there -- really sorry for the experience you had at Bizness Apps. We're always striving to be better and will do our best to learn from your feedback. I wish you the best of luck in your career... More