Black Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "@ first i was emplyed as field engineer, next two years turn to mechanical proj. engineer, then as estimator after 5 yea"

Former Employee - Mehcanical Estimator/Mechanical Engineer in Tamuning, GU
    Former Employee - Mehcanical Estimator/Mechanical Engineer in Tamuning, GU

I worked at Black Construction full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

nice to work with 'coz everybody helping togethere working as one whole group, plenty of nice guys to work with, they recommend you if you were good worker. you can reach your goal if you were at that company.

Cons

Black construction has plenty overhead, such as 5(five) vice presidents, one more thing i cant standwith as an estimator they wanted you to have your own project, as an estimator alone its really hard to submit a 100% estimate. engineers were going to visit your site on everyday. so, hows an estimator plenty of blue prints were waitng for you at your office. how can we finish the estimate if you were doing to jobsite everyday, thats why at that moment i decided to resigned right away instead of seing our estimate faulter and our projects holding with...

Advice to Management

lower the overhead, focus on the incoming estimates how to win the bid. Also watch out for the supervixors that is easy money & aftering only for their bonuses during holidays. Remove those stupid vice presidents always going around watching guys doing that is nothing in his field of job.

2. "Crane operator"

I have been working at Black Construction full-time

Pros

A big company that has always a job for everyone

Cons

Minimal pay and sometimes not enough hours of work

Advice to Management

Raise the minimum salary to qualified employees