KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

74% Recommend to a Friend
79% Approve of CEO

Found 1,257 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Blackbaud President and CEO Michael Gianoni (no image)
Michael Gianoni

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I'm surrounded by intelligent people that are passionate about their careers and are overall great people.(in 149 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and pto grows with you(in 98 reviews)
  • "Flexible and great culture.(in 65 reviews)
  • "Company is very flexible and works with their employees to have a good work/life balance.(in 52 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and make it worth the stress.(in 38 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay they compare salaries state to state not city the city no cost of living.(in 63 reviews)
  • "Change management is poor at best.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership get in the way of actual work.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Managers haven’t all been in the role before so unable to truly help sell or understand how to close deals start to finish(in 32 reviews)
  • "Salary is low for the job(in 28 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackbaud and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

We need to talk about Blackbaud

Jun 10, 2022 - Customer Service Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am one of those people that would search company reviews as I applied. Blackbaud is an example of this and I have written a review of my own experience only a few months into customer support. Consider this a follow up. The teamwork and passion for the cause is what brought me to Blackbaud. Once I arrived I was amazed by the positivity of the people that work here and I am still amazed by the effort to help each other with anything you may be struggling with. The teamwork and willingness to lift each other up is astounding. Was it stressful some days? Of course. Did I feel overwhelmed by the case load at times? Of course. When you need help, help is there in so many ways with customer support and even personal life. The potential is limitless with Blackbaud and you must understand the need for a personal mindset that you are the leader of your own success. The opportunities here are ever growing and the company has built a business structure around this principle.

Cons

No internet subsidy for remote employees. Weekly software updates. Need to stay on top of your toes with changes while working through active cases.

4 people found this review helpful

Blackbaud Response

Talent Acquisition Recruiter

Thanks for your review! Talented people at every level, inspired to do good in our world, find themselves at home here - on supportive teams with managers who care, where they are empowered to take on new projects. We're so glad you have had a positive experience as you don't just make our work better, you make us better as a company. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience working at Blackbaud!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good company culture and room to grow internally

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ample ability and opportunity to grow within the company

Cons

Onsite campus and culture was a great part of the job that is now lost with remote first strategy (although remote has it's own benefits)

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Aug 3, 2022 - NOC Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blackbaud has a very collaborative environment where new ideas are welcome. Blackbaud also has a good time off policy.

Cons

401k matching could be better

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Marketing

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Structure, development, and good team

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. Lack of transparency.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An honest review from a new-ish employee

Jul 23, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is amazing. You are surrounded by awesome people and amazing, helpful colleagues and managers. In sales, you know your contributions MATTER. Your achievements are celebrated, you are recognized, and you know you're also doing a good thing by helping nonprofit organizations achieve their goals. Overall this is a wonderful company and I love my job, the only complaints I have at all are things that can be fixed (like processes). The important things, the people, attitudes and inclusivity, are top notch across the board.

Cons

New hire training needs some work, I felt woefully unprepared in large for the things I was actually facing. There is a great focus on solution selling, which most people already know, and only one product was discussed in training on things we actually sell. It's kind of sink or swim while you're learning, though team mates and leadership are very helpful, there is not a simple, streamlined spot for gathering information. To check for pricing and information on a product, there are several sites you can use (which is confusing, why not just one spot?), and there are so many unrelated results that take a ton of time sifting through, til you eventually just ask someone on your team for a quick link to save headache. The entire quote and implementation system is horrific and unnecessarily complicated for some reason. If you need to offer a discount on a package in negotiations, it takes going through several people who aren't talking to each other all to tell you no, essentially, over a technicality. Its very odd, this process. There is a person for everything and it, again, just makes things complicated when they don't have to be. I do feel upper management is out of touch with this process, because there's no way anyone could say that working all day, emailing and calling 10 different people to get a single quote approved, is efficent. Just, a lot of time wasted on silly things like that when it could be spent prospecting. There is also a great deal of "passing the buck", which I literally cringe at, when helping people. They teach about delegating topics, which is important, but ultimately it leads to ten people over 4 days saying it needs to go to someone else and nothing is resolved and the customer is frustrated. The business model is a little unusual from other companies I've worked for and this was kind of jarring. I do think that these are simple things to fix, the main piece, the employees, are cared for and valued. That's the bones, and its there. Just need to fix the implementation and tightening of screws for streamlining efficiency to have a well oiled machine.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Career Starter

Jul 22, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

working with nonprofits career development opens opportunity for future jobs

Cons

low pay multiple re-orgs and lay-offs

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience!

Jul 20, 2022 - Prospect Account Executive in Daniel Island, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the nonprofits in my markets Texas and California.

Cons

There weren't many inbound leads for the team that I worked on.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company and Work Culture

Jul 19, 2022 - New Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Organized & supportive management -Great benefits -Great work/life balance -Chance for advancement

Cons

-Base pay is below average

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It’s ok

Jul 31, 2022 - BDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s ok. Didn’t love the team. High high volume calls, typical micromanagement of bdr team. Not the best product to have to push. People were nice.

Cons

Harder SaaS product to have to pitch

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Jul 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blackbaud walks the talk on social good and employee engagement. Managers are transparent and care about people.

Cons

Salaries tend to be lower than similar roles at other companies.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,257 Reviews
</>Embed

Blackbaud Reviews FAQs

Blackbaud has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,320 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Blackbaud to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Blackbaud employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Blackbaud. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Blackbaud employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blackbaud 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Blackbaud Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Blackbaud? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

4 days ago

Careers
Check us out, #3 on the list! We're hiring now 👌 Apply today!
Shared image - 29 companies actively hiring in August | Glassdoor Blog
29 companies actively hiring in August | Glassdoor Blog
www.glassdoor.com

Blackbaud Photos

+ Add Photo
Blackbaud photo of: Say hello to our Costa Rica HR team! They had a great time spending the day together, giving back!
Blackbaud photo of: After 2+ years of working remotely, a group of 17 associates came together to share and live our company values doing beach cleaning at Playa Guacalillo on the Pacific Coast.
Blackbaud photo of: We love this pic of Blackbaud team members, Arnav, Hannah, and Alastair, gathered at Vintner's Hall in London.
Blackbaud photo of: Our EVERFI team proudly marching together in the Capital Pride Parade in DC!
Blackbaud photo of: "Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd" Fun night for Riverdog's baseball in the Blackbaud box!
Blackbaud photo of: Our FA-IT teams having a little fun out on the course last week! We have missed our team outings!
Blackbaud photo of: Go Team Blackbaud! A few of our employees participated in the annual iFiveK race in downtown Charleston!
1 of 4 videos

Glassdoor has 1,320 Blackbaud reviews submitted anonymously by Blackbaud employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Blackbaud is right for you.