Blackbaud Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2020

3.6
Blackbaud President and CEO Michael Gianoni (no image)
Michael Gianoni
Pros
  • "Personal fulfillment by working to help non-profits make the world a better place(in 103 reviews)

• "A company that care about its employees with a good work/life balance(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of flexibility for remote employees who wouldn't move to Charleston or Austin(in 58 reviews)

• "People were asked to post them by upper management to boost reviews(in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enjoyed my time there and would definitely recommend working for Blackbaud!"

Former Employee - Accounting Support Specialist III in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work environment had a laid back feeling which was nice to come in and not feel stressed and buckle down to get your day started on the right foot. People were always friendly and there are plenty of company events to help get to know your coworkers better.

Cons

There were a bunch of social platforms they used for communication within teams and mass emails so it got a little overwhelming trying to keep up with the 3 or so different platforms to pay attention to.

Blackbaud Response

July 14, 2020Recruiter, Staff

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience working at Blackbaud. One of our best assets is our company culture, and that starts first with our people. We pride ourselves on the amazing individuals that we get to work with everyday! Thanks again for sharing your experience!

2. "Great company and culture"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have pretty generous PTO policy from day 1. I loved the cold brew at the office and snack as well. The best part was the people, they care about their employees and there's a bunch of cool people in the CHS office.

Cons

Nothing really - the pay isn't amazing compared to industry standards but most of your software companies are located in places like NYC and San Fran so Blackbaud can get away with paying less.

3. "Great company, great mission"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comprehensive training, with a team that's dedicated to help you succeed.

Cons

None to really speak of.

4. COVID-19

"Great Company Highly Recommend"

5.0

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Global application software company with a niche vertical market. Fairly laid back, good benefits, good pay, great people, awesome customers. Offices in great locations; Charleston, Austin, London, etc. Didn’t skip a beat going remote for Covid.

Cons

Shifting priorities, complex portfolio, matrix organization can be a challenge.

5. "Great Job!"

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, good benefits, and very well diverse.

Cons

There are no cons. It’s a good, fun job.

6. COVID-19

"Great Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The People and mission were awesome!

Cons

The stopped allowing remote work. But post Covid that may be changing.

7. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Customer Representative

I worked at Blackbaud full-time

Pros

This is a really good company to work for, I enjoyed my time there.

8. "Great enviornment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time

Pros

The Leadership, Culture, and Benefits

Cons

The inefficient internal processes cause many barriers for sales

9. COVID-19

"Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful building, plenty of amenities, free snacks/coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the break rooms, big clean maintained restrooms, video games and table tennis, cafeteria service and Starbucks, free bike rental, and plenty of comfortable furniture. The health, vision, and dental plans were great, and the high deductible plans offered a helpful Health Savings Account. The Customer Service/Success department is a great place to start your career or begin a career in tech. You'll get experience with customers and a variety of technical skills like troubleshooting data, software, and databases. If you're patient, can handle occasionally working with stressed or frustrated customers and can learn by reading articles and documentation you'll succeed in this department and have opportunities to switch to other departments and more important roles. Managers are generally helpful and understanding as long as you maintain communication, and if you do your work well and put effort into improving they'll do everything they can to help you. Managers have helped me search for a new job in another department when I was ready to move forward in my career, even though I was valuable in my current role.

Cons

Beware of the Professional Services department, it's one of the first to be hit with layoffs at the first sign of economic downturn. It can be a good opportunity to get some experience in a job role you want, but always have several months of emergency savings in the bank to be prepared for a layoff. The people are nice and the work is generally pleasant, but the threat of layoff is always lurking. This is because the department runs on billable services purchased by nonprofit customers. Also, the hours can be flexible but you have to log every hour of your day to a project in a timecard. You have to be able to keep track of what you're working on throughout the day, and your day can be flexible as long as you log 8 productive billable hours a day.

Continue reading
  10. "Good place to get experience"

Former Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promote from within. Good benefits. Good training and experience.

Cons

Strict performance goals but if you can stay on top of them you will be rewarded.

Found 849 reviews