Cover image for Blackbaud

71% Recommend to a Friend
73% Approve of CEO

Found 1,317 of over 1K reviews

3.6
Blackbaud President and CEO Michael Gianoni (no image)
Michael Gianoni

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I'm surrounded by intelligent people that are passionate about their careers and are overall great people.(in 154 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and pto grows with you(in 104 reviews)
  • "Flexible and great culture.(in 64 reviews)
  • "Company is very flexible and works with their employees to have a good work/life balance.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and make it worth the stress.(in 39 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay they compare salaries state to state not city the city no cost of living.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Management has no standards for which to judge good or bad design or designers(in 58 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership get in the way of actual work.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Managers haven’t all been in the role before so unable to truly help sell or understand how to close deals start to finish(in 34 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackbaud and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding culture

Nov 12, 2022 - Outreach Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone on the K-12 team cared about you and your growth. They were always there to answer questions, and we worked well as a team. The work/life balance was outstanding.

Cons

I can’t think of any

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Strong Social Mission

Dec 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong Social Mission, Largest tech company focused on helping good take over the world

Cons

Pretty big portfolio, so need to be nimble in understanding all the ways to potentially impact good in a positive way

3. Join the Blackbaud team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Blackbaud Review

Nov 20, 2022 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the mission are the best parts of working at Blackbaud

Cons

Trying to do too much at once

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pros vs. Cons

Nov 19, 2022 - Senior Service Delivery Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

People. Online Training. Fully Remote.

Cons

Support e-Communication. Merging too many companies. Job insecurity.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty good

Nov 14, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay in industry. Make your own schedule.

Cons

Depends on your manager. Had two and one was much more helpful than the other

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nov 10, 2022 - Business Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fully remote company, flexibility -standard benefits, PTO, Insurance -allows you to work independently

Cons

-seemed like there was a lack of direction & transparency from senior leadership

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it here, but a few drawbacks

Nov 6, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very employee friendly for mental health and work life balance. They care about you taking care of you. Coworkers are helpful and friendly. Pay is competitive. Uncapped commission.

Cons

The health benefits are super expensive, not what I was expecting at all. The training needs some serious, serious revamping. The trainers themselves are WONDERFUL, but there is no training at all on products, it's wholly about solution selling (which is important, but most of us know this from other jobs' training). I had no idea about ALL the things we sold and it's very sink or swim. Finding information like pricing and info on products is super confusing and very convoluted. The sales process itself is so long for no real reason as well. Getting a quote, the errors in the crm, making sure arbitrary boxes are checked, it's such a waste of time. There are also some ridiculous reports that come out, where again, you have to arbitrarily check boxes that are just a time suck.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

great

Nov 7, 2022 - Electrical Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company, and I recommend the new graduate student apply.

Cons

There is nothing to consider at the company.

10. 4.0

Great Organization

Nov 6, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Senior leadership is engaged, supportive and willing to make the hard decisions when needed,

Cons

There are no cons I can think of at the moment.

11. 5.0

Make a difference

Nov 3, 2022 - Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can influence a lot of non-profit companies with the work that you do at Blackbaud. Volunteerism is rewarded and encouraged for all employees. The code that you write or the project that you contribute to might literally change the world, at least a little.

Cons

It's a for-profit company, though, so there are limits to what you're allowed to do. It's also subject to economic twists and turnover. Mergers are not as clean as I've seen elsewhere either, often kept apart longer than expected.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,317 Reviews
</>Embed

Blackbaud Reviews FAQs

Blackbaud has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,384 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Blackbaud to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Blackbaud employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Blackbaud. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

71% of Blackbaud employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blackbaud 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Blackbaud to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Blackbaud Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Blackbaud? Share Your Experiences

Blackbaud logo

Blackbaud Careers

Cover image for Blackbaud

We are a global remote-first team made up of individuals who are inspired by our work and by the work our customers can do because of our...More

• Blackbaud & EVERFI

Company Updates

Logo

52 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Happy #BlackHistoryMonth! We're honoring the achievements and contributions that people of African and Caribbean descent have made to UK society. To celebrate, our colleagues are sharing their unique family ties and how their cultural backgrounds have shaped who they are today. Hear what they shared:
Shared image - Celebrating Black History Month in the UK with Inspiring Stories from Employees
Celebrating Black History Month in the UK with Inspiring Stories from Employees
blkb.co

Blackbaud Photos

+ Add Photo
Blackbaud photo of: Say hello to our Costa Rica HR team! They had a great time spending the day together, giving back!
Blackbaud photo of: Shoutout to these awesome employees for volunteering their time at the Austin Diaper Bank! #BlackbaudLife
Blackbaud photo of: 👉 #BehindTheScenes sneak peek of #bbcon 2022! 🤩 Join us October 17–18.
Blackbaud photo of: Our Blackbaud + EVERFI team visited the Capital Area Food Bank and boxed up canned goods for families!
Blackbaud photo of: So happy to be back in person at Association of Zoos and Aquariums' #AZA2022
Blackbaud photo of: Volunteering with team members at the Lowcountry Food Bank!
Blackbaud photo of: After 2+ years of working remotely, a group of 17 associates came together to share and live our company values doing beach cleaning at Playa Guacalillo on the Pacific Coast.

Expert Career Advice

Benefitfocus Logo
Benefitfocus

2.7

Compare

Glassdoor has 1,384 Blackbaud reviews submitted anonymously by Blackbaud employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Blackbaud is right for you.