KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Blackbaud Employee Reviews about "blackbaud"

Updated Nov 27, 2021

Found 113 of over 1,343 reviews

3.7
Blackbaud President and CEO Michael Gianoni (no image)
Michael Gianoni

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I'm surrounded by intelligent people that are passionate about their careers and are overall great people.(in 149 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and pto grows with you(in 107 reviews)
  • "Flexible and great culture.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Company is very flexible and works with their employees to have a good work/life balance.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and make it worth the stress.(in 35 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay they compare salaries state to state not city the city no cost of living.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Management has no standards for which to judge good or bad design or designers(in 60 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership get in the way of actual work.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Managers haven’t all been in the role before so unable to truly help sell or understand how to close deals start to finish(in 31 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackbaud and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "blackbaud"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work, great values and support for staff

Mar 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't speak highly enough of Blackbaud Pacific in Sydney. This is by far the best place I've ever worked. Both coworkers and management are passionate and supportive, as well as skilled and intelligent. This company has inspired loyalty and dedication to my work and my customers and I've never been happier or more fulfilled in my career. Work/life balance is encouraged both in words and practice. Professional support and professional development is provided to a level I've never experienced at another company. I count my coworkers as friends, and that plays a role in my job satisfaction. We are a team, always working for and with each other to a common goal - the success of our customers and our company. I would highly recommend Blackbaud as a place to work.

Cons

Nothing to speak of here. I can honestly say I have nothing but great things to say about Blackbaud Pacific.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Opportunity to work with nonprofits, while working for a tech company

Mar 25, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, and you get to work with great organizations. Blackbaud also provides good opportunities for growth and focuses on providing career paths based on the employee's interests.

Cons

Blackbaud needs to improve its remote employee culture.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Finance Intern

Feb 24, 2020 - Internship in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blackbaud has a very laidback environment tech style environment and many employees on the younger side.

Cons

Can feel like you aren't a priority during the internship because they are doing so many other things.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Organization for Employees, Clients & Not-for-Profit Sector

Jun 21, 2019 - Treasury Manager in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is a progressive organization with a focus and commitment to exceptional service, products, employee and the community. I enjoy the people, culture and impact we have on the community. Additionally, leadership walks the walk. It is refreshing to be a part of an organization where the leadership communicates a vision and actually sticks to executing accordingly. I have been impress with our Executive and Senior leadership related to the execution of our corporate goals and objectives, and their ability to pivot when it makes sense. I also have a great appreciation for effective strategic growth and Blackbaud has done an outstanding job in this area. Blackbaud is a good organization if you are looking to grow, learn, contribute and make a difference in an environment that supports and embraces it.

Cons

I have not encounter anything I would consider a con to working at the company in my almost 3 years there.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great starting job and great culture at the company

May 20, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro about being a BDR at Blackbaud is that the community of people who work here are amazing. I have met so many of my closest friends and could not be happier. The remote/office option is also a big plus and there are plenty of good benefits when working at Blackbaud. This is a difficult job and the standards are high, but if you show up motivated to work every day quota is very attainable and there is a lot of room for growth.

Cons

The biggest con as a BDR is that it is easy to feel like you are burning out and that your daily activity can feel unrewarding. However, with that being said, almost everybody who puts in an honest effort is successful and will have the opportunity to graduate from this position.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Blackbaud Response

Talent Acquisition Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience working at Blackbaud. One of our best assets is our company culture, and that starts first with our people. We pride ourselves on the amazing individuals that we get to work with everyday and we're glad to hear you feel the same! We also understand that working in a remote environment can present challenges when it comes to team camaraderie. If you'd be open to sharing more on this feedback, we would love to hear from you! Please email us at blackbaudrecruiting@blackbaud.com. Thank you for sharing your experience!

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Over-educated and under appreciated...apply elsewhere

Jun 8, 2012 -  in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blackbaud is typically willing to work with your schedule and give additional training IF you show you are committed to the organization.

Cons

Blackbaud requires a year of employment to even allow applying to anything else internally, pay is extremely low, advancement opportunities are incredibly difficult to attain, suggestions for improvement are often ignored, advanced education means nothing to them, employee morale means little to management, EXTREMELY number centric, and ANY internal advancement will almost certainly require relocation to Charleston. In a nutshell management is willing to pay you poorly and treat you with disdain while they rack up the money. But they will work around your night class. But once you get that degree you best start applying elsewhere because they don't care.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Blackbaud is a Venus Fly Trap. You will be stuck in an unwanted position.

Mar 26, 2013 - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Start with 20 PTO days

Cons

From day one, the job is described as rainbows and butterflies and you are told how lucky you are to have gotten the job. No one is real with you. In training, you are told to under promise and over deliver, but the company does the exact opposite to its employees. When you take a job in support as a customer support analyst, you have an 18 month commitment to staying in support. Management tells you that this means you can move up to be a Coach, Manager, or Trainer within support, but that never happens in 18 months. As soon as you get close to 18 months and you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel, they offer you to cross train to support a second program. This extends your contract with support for another 9 months, but you really don't have a choice if you want to progress because it looks bad to say no. The raise for cross training is an insulting 6%. You are thrown in a classroom for 2 weeks and taught a new program at lightning speed and then expected to jump right back on the phones and be an expert of the new program as well. Blackbaud tries to make you think you are progressing by using these magical things called Adtracks. You pick a position you think you would want to become, and they give you a list of things to do to become that position. I'm sure at some point they were created with good intentions, but they essentially have become a bunch of hoops that you have to jump through to get raises and promotions. Some of the checkmarks are things you can do such as hit your stats, but a lot of the checkmarks are things Blackbaud has to set up for you such as job shadows and extra classes. These take for ever to get lined up and all they really do is keep you from getting raises that you have already earned. The support analyst position itself is awful. You take incoming calls for 5.5 hours a day from clients and you have another 2.5 hours a day to work on your existing cases. Half the time you get stuck on a long call and lose most of your time designated to working on other cases. Due to low staffing, you may or may not get that back. Some of the clients are very sweet, but others are very rude and treat you very poorly. Blackbaud is afraid to lose business so they don't stand up for their employees. The more a client kicks and screams, the more Blackbaud gives in. This doesn't hurt management, it hurts the analyst who has to deal with the client. We all know what flows down hill, and as a support analyst, you are at the very bottom of that hill. The last thing I'll say is this: look at the turnover rate. In a year, my team of 12-15 employees hired over 10 new employees and didn't grow in size. The good employees are not given an opportunity to progress so they find jobs at other companies.

15 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Account Manager

Jun 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good cause to work for

Cons

Salary/ Comp is WAY below industry average and therefore will never be able to keep top sales talent. You get what you pay for and turnover rate is very high at Blackbaud directly tied to this.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Proceed with care!!

Apr 4, 2022 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people. Enjoyed some of my teammates. Good work life balance.

Cons

This is not a serious IT shop. They have no regard for industry best practice. Security is a joke. No QA, no Active Directory management, no identify management, poor architecture and technical debt that will take years and years to overcome. Leadership has been at BlackBaud for decades and they are not open to new ideas from new employees coming to BlackBaud from the outside. Management is fine with letting customers struggle with poor performance. They will get around to fixing it eventually. There is a very high turnover rate and anyone who is a serious IT pro does not stay around very long.

20 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great experience

Oct 11, 2015 - Sales Executive in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Surrounded by great talent. I really felt like Blackbaud hired talented people who were also great to work with. Also, our clients are doing amazing things, and it's humbling to think you can ever do a small part to help them.

Cons

The career paths were not well-defined, and there is definit an internal glass ceiling. I'd been there around 10 years, and I watched lots of others leave in order to grow their careers externally. The pay is low for the industry, and especially for the area.

4 people found this review helpful