KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Blackbaud Employee Reviews about "non profits"

Updated Sep 17, 2021

Found 4 of over 1,350 reviews

3.7
Blackbaud President and CEO Michael Gianoni (no image)
Michael Gianoni

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I'm surrounded by intelligent people that are passionate about their careers and are overall great people.(in 153 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and pto grows with you(in 106 reviews)
  • "Flexible and great culture.(in 65 reviews)
  • "Company is very flexible and works with their employees to have a good work/life balance.(in 59 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and make it worth the stress.(in 36 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay they compare salaries state to state not city the city no cost of living.(in 63 reviews)
  • "management always wants more and they struggle to produce positive reinforcement(in 60 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership get in the way of actual work.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Managers haven’t all been in the role before so unable to truly help sell or understand how to close deals start to finish(in 34 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackbaud and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "non profits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Company needs more innovation

May 1, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, work culture is relaxed and not stressful.

Cons

Even though Blackbaud is the leading provider for non-profits, the management lacks creativity and the drive to innovate.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Former employee. Honest opinion.

Sep 24, 2013 - Customer Support Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were ( and a few left) of some really nice people there. I had many coworkers that I really enjoyed working with that are now my friends.

Cons

Bully mentality masked as leadership. It was not uncommon for management to belittle you or call employees names that derogatory to control them and the team. I have seen first hand the common expectation to work 7 days a week. To put in 80 hours a week with no over time compensation. I would say I was highly disappointed when I saw the ugly under belly of this company when they claim to help non-profits and yet treated their employee's like they belonged in a puppy mill.

9 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee

OK company to work for.

Aug 24, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to launch a career in the software industry. There can be opportunities to move to different roles within the company. Decent people to work with generally.

Cons

The pay is not great. They also could be more generous with the training budget for employees. Strong sense of charging exorbitant amounts of money to non-profits for an outdated software product and services they don't need.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not a good company to work for

Mar 4, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

They do actually pay me

Cons

Long hours in a high pressure and highly dysfunctional environment. Despite what they claim in their mission statement, it is profits first and foremost, not people nad certainly not the non-profits they claim to serve. Constant shrink in benefits Too many semi to non-technical managers, not enough technical people More interested in selling new features or products than producing good products Really poor teamwork

6 people found this review helpful