Blackboard Reviews

Found 763 of over 825 reviews

3.8
Blackboard CEO Bill Ballhaus
Bill Ballhaus
Pros
  • "I had a great work/life balance(in 59 reviews)

• "Flexibility and ability to work from home(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Challenging work/life balance at times(in 25 reviews)

• "Upper management were does not take care of their employees(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Blackboard

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackboard and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

A healthy place to work, nice team mates, a place to grow

Feb 1, 2021 - User Experience Content Designer in Bogotá, Bogota, Bogota
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Transparent, honest company. Takes care of its employees. - Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are highly regarded in both the company culture and the creation of its products and services. - Competitive salary, plus grocery bonus and a high percentage coverage for private medicine access. - The company strives to guarantee its employees well being, especially in these testing times, offering means to better work from home (desks, chairs, foot resting platforms, live active pauses and exercising sessions) and makes a point into actively avoid burning out. Holidays and PTO times are respected and encouraged.

Cons

- I've worked for the company for four months and I have not seen any downside yet.

1 person found this review helpful

Blackboard Response

Sr Employer Branding and Sourcing Specialist

Thank you so much for posting your review. We are so pleased to hear about your positive Blackboard experience, and more specifically the efforts we've all been making around transparency, honesty, and DE&I in our company culture. We could not achieve this without the input and participation of our entire team. We hope you continue to enjoy being a part of the Blackboard family. Please feel free to email employerfeedback@blackboard.com with any further comments.

2. Blackboard - Student Success | Division of Blackboard
      5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

May 19, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Salisbury, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, easy job

Cons

None I enjoyed my job

3. Blackboard - Student Success | Division of Blackboard
      2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Micro management

Apr 28, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job itself is low stress. Taking phone calls and helping customers with basic issues such as logging in to their account. Some very basic tech support following predetermined steps. It is not exciting but it is not hard either. Other advisors are friendly and helpful. There is pretty good interaction even with everyone working from home.

Cons

I was hired as regular full time, not seasonal, but my hours have been cut down to less than 25 hours some weeks. Once I only got 28 hours on my entire paycheck. Hourly rate is only $11 so this is obviously a problem. I have seen them respond on here defending the nature of “seasonal work” but they do this to those hired as full time regular employees too. There is also a LOT of micro management. Every second of the day is tracked, if you need even one minute of time between calls to finish your notes it becomes a problem and supervisors start listening to you in between calls to see what you’re doing. They have time to message about going 35 seconds over your break, but they do not have time to answer questions from advisors trying to find out what their schedule will be this week. Only a good job for someone who just needs extra cash. Not a reliable income for anyone with bills or a family.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Great Business with a Great Purpose

Jun 16, 2021 - Junior Solutions Engineer in Anderson, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Blackboard is a team-oriented environment where everyone seems happy to help you succeed. Your work is noticed by others, and there are frequently opportunities to move up or change roles if you feel you're better suited elsewhere.

Cons

The onboarding is fairly poor. You learn much more from making mistakes and finding your go-to coworkers rather than from the onboarding materials.

5. Blackboard - Student Success | Division of Blackboard
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's okay for what it is

Jun 11, 2021 - Blackboard Technical Support in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job is remote and is relatively flexible, with a wide choice of potential schedules.

Cons

Low pay and very poor benefits, especially if you are hired as a temporary agent.

6. 2.0

Overworked, underpaid, micro-managed

Apr 26, 2021 - Service Delivery Manager in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Access to training and other resources for professional growth

Cons

Management imposes a work load above the reasonable expectation and they will not give you the resources or conditions to achieve these goals. I couldn't say why company haven't promoting managers and directors that have proven results and are driven by customer satisfaction. Each day more customers and support team members are getting frustrated with the result of that and we're continually losing customers and colleagues whenever they have the opportunity to go with another company to partner with.

7. Blackboard - Student Success | Division of Blackboard
      4.0
      Current Employee

Easy work

May 24, 2021 - Customer Support in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very thorough training and friendly management

Cons

Pay rate is too low

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people, competitive compensation

May 1, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people in engineering and product at Blackboard were very competent and easy to work with. I learned a lot from them and enjoyed my time there. Compensation was very competitive.

Cons

The product was a bit old and the code base had a lot of bloat in it from being around for so long.

9. 1.0

Stuck in a rut

Jun 13, 2021 - Director of Engineering in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work, good salary, good people

Cons

Poor product planning and accountability

10. Blackboard - Student Success | Division of Blackboard
      4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Seasonal customer service

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay easy set up.

Cons

Long hours in a block

Viewing 1 - 10 of 763 Reviews