Found 1,005 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you end up around who stay are oftentimes great people that you will enjoy talking to." (in 97 reviews)
- "Good benefits are also provided by the company." (in 46 reviews)
- "Good perks and they allow you to work from home even though you have a desk at the office." (in 41 reviews)
- "Good work life balance in office" (in 38 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and team." (in 28 reviews)
- "poor management" (in 38 reviews)
- "Low pay and very little to no advancement." (in 34 reviews)
- "When I returned the training was short and only half of what was needed to do the job." (in 28 reviews)
- "Poor leadership that is very reactive due to budget constraints placed upon them by private equity ownership." (in 20 reviews)
- "Poor upper management who are to concerned with growing their own career and forget about their actual job." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackboard and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 29, 2022Scrum MasterFormer Employee, more than 1 year
It was easy to work with team members.
Management should have been a bit more organized1
- Blackboard - Student Success | Division of BlackboardSep 21, 20221.0Help Desk TechnicianFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSomerset, KY
When there was still a physical location, the people you worked beside were often some of the best. The pay for when I worked there was a little above average but not by much.
Ignorance, incompetence, and dishonesty are the basis to be successful. When I first started they did a PDIF where depending on your stats you could go from 11/HR to as much as 12.50, but unfortunately it was based on your AVERAGE stats and not just your overall so you could have a really great 2 months then hit a rough spot for a week and completely tank everything. They go through periodic layoffs during the holidays and they coat it as a ''benefit'' but it's anything but. They expect you to use your PTO to make up for the 2-4 weeks that you could be furloughed and if you run out they advise you to borrow against your following year...basically, you're always in the hole because you don't want to starve or get behind on bills from November to February. They make many, MANY promises that they have absolutely no intention of keeping from bonuses to promotions and have absolutely no shame staring you dead in the face and lying. It's almost like they make a competition between management and leadership with how much they can screw up.2
“The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."
Blackboard Reviews FAQs
Blackboard has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,104 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Blackboard to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
67% of Blackboard employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blackboard 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.