Cover image for Blackboard

Now known as Anthology
Engaged Employer

Blackboard

Add a Review

Blackboard is now known as Anthology. For up-to-date information, please see the profile.

Blackboard Reviews

3.8
Blackboard Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jim Milton
Jim Milton

Featured Divisions of Blackboard

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The people you end up around who stay are oftentimes great people that you will enjoy talking to.(in 97 reviews)
  • "Good benefits are also provided by the company.(in 46 reviews)
  • "Good perks and they allow you to work from home even though you have a desk at the office.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance in office(in 38 reviews)
  • "Great atmosphere and team.(in 28 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management(in 38 reviews)
  • "Low pay and very little to no advancement.(in 34 reviews)
  • "When I returned the training was short and only half of what was needed to do the job.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership that is very reactive due to budget constraints placed upon them by private equity ownership.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Poor upper management who are to concerned with growing their own career and forget about their actual job.(in 18 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blackboard and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Sep 29, 2022
      Scrum Master
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was easy to work with team members.

Cons

Management should have been a bit more organized

2. “The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."

7 comments

Somerset, KY
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

When there was still a physical location, the people you worked beside were often some of the best. The pay for when I worked there was a little above average but not by much.

Cons

Ignorance, incompetence, and dishonesty are the basis to be successful. When I first started they did a PDIF where depending on your stats you could go from 11/HR to as much as 12.50, but unfortunately it was based on your AVERAGE stats and not just your overall so you could have a really great 2 months then hit a rough spot for a week and completely tank everything. They go through periodic layoffs during the holidays and they coat it as a ''benefit'' but it's anything but. They expect you to use your PTO to make up for the 2-4 weeks that you could be furloughed and if you run out they advise you to borrow against your following year...basically, you're always in the hole because you don't want to starve or get behind on bills from November to February. They make many, MANY promises that they have absolutely no intention of keeping from bonuses to promotions and have absolutely no shame staring you dead in the face and lying. It's almost like they make a competition between management and leadership with how much they can screw up.

2. Join the Blackboard team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,005 Reviews
      </>Embed

Blackboard Reviews FAQs

Blackboard has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,104 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Blackboard to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Blackboard employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Blackboard. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

67% of Blackboard employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blackboard 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Blackboard to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Blackboard Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.3K

Property Manager

As a leasing agent for two years, I then worked my way to assistant manager for t 11 months. Then, to a property manager position, nine months into my new role as manager, I was terminated, with no warning, completely unexpected. How do I explain this undeserving action and embarrassment in an upcoming interview without any risk in the decision-making of my employment with the company I am interested in? I hope I am relaying this in a way that is understood.

Mobile Mortgage Specialist

Looking to make a career change into HR. And would really like to work at Ontario Power Generation (OPG). Any insights or tips on the OPG interview process?

Digital Communications

I completed a writing test for a well-known agency and an curious to know what will the employer look for? I feel good about it though!

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 1,104 Blackboard reviews submitted anonymously by Blackboard employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Blackboard is right for you.