Blackhawk Network Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

4.5
Blackhawk Network CEO and President Talbott Roche
Talbott Roche
1 Rating

Pros
  • People, culture, work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible work environment with enough work to keep one busy (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could stand to improve (in 10 reviews)

• Upper Management is unwilling and unresponsive when it comes to getting involved with the problems of the employees concerns (in 8 reviews)

"Culture"

Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Blackhawk Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for over 2 years. Recently I've received horrible news about my health. In respect to my health I needed to advise my immediate management of my current situation and how it could impact my attendance and my performance in my job. I expected nothing in return but acknowledgement in my email communication. To my surprise I received an overwhelming response of support and team work on how my department will help me in every way possible to ensure my success, not only in my well being but also in my job duties. There is such a sense of family and friends come through for you in a time of need. Both my co-wokers, peers, management all have stepped forward to ensure my success. I'm truly surprised and truly appreciate to work for a great company

Cons

13 accounting periods in a year. Year end should be in the middle of the year in June or July.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being "real" and being a compasionate group of Managers and VP's.

2. "Good company, open culture."

Former Employee - Settlement Ops Analyst I in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Settlement Ops Analyst I in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Blackhawk Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great upbeat atmosphere. Open culture and lots of great people. There is opportunity to grow into multiple positions as the company is growing at a rapid rate.

Cons

Because of the hyper growth and very unique business model, it is easy to fall behind. The training was not always ideal.

"Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Accountant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Accountant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Blackhawk Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best benefits out there. Time off with vacation, holiday and sick leave is a month. Insurance is great, low deductible and copays. Company seems to be doing well.

Cons

Direct Management is challenging and does not listen to the people actually doing the work.

Advice to Management

Executive team is great! The layers down from there need to listen more to your staff.

"A few tweaks would make this a perfect company"

Former Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Accounting in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Blackhawk Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, wonderful people, flexible hours, great benefits, nice work-life balance, convenient location, good pay.

Cons

Poor management decisions, lack of training and more of a learn as you go type deal, management sometimes has little to no experience, little accountability for actions.