Blake Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Daniel J. Friedrich, III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Changing for the Better!"

Current Employee - RN Recruiter
    Current Employee - RN Recruiter

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure of supporting Blake Medical Center as their full time RN Recruiter since 2013. In my recruitment role, I help RNs connect with our nursing leaders to explore full time, part time, and PRN opportunities at our hospital. I work with RNs living locally as well as those planning future relocation to our BEAUTIFUL Bradenton, Florida area. I enjoy assisting nurses as they take the next step in their nursing journey with the hopeful anticipation that they will continue their career at Blake Medical Center until retirement.

I am so excited about the numerous services Blake provides for its patients in the local community and, as a result, the variety of nursing career opportunities available to RNs for career development. Blake is a Level II Trauma Center and has also been a Burn Center for over a year now. Our Graduate Medical Education (GME) program was initiated in 2015. A dedicated Rapid Response Team was implemented in 2016 to better support both the patients and the nursing team. Our Outpatient Burn/Wound/Reconstructive Clinic is thriving with plans to expand in 2018. Rapidly growing is our new Hyperbaric Therapy Department, offering two mono-chambers for the treatment of a variety of wound and tissue disorders. The Cardiac program continues to offer specialty advancements, both in the Cath/EP Lab and Cardiovascular OR. Our Surgical Services is consistently growing, recently adding a MicroSurgical Specialty Team and offering progressive robotic surgery services. With its array of specialty inpatient units, Blake offers ongoing opportunities to advance your nursing career, all under one roof, without having to look to another employer for desired advancement or cross-training.

As with any healthcare facility that experiences so much growth so quickly, growing pains are to be expected. We have experienced some RN turn-over and are working to rebuild our nursing teams even stronger. The past year has been a year of change for Blake – new services, new leaders, new staff – but with this has come a new vision for the future. The focus on customer service and the absolute best patient care has always been the focus at Blake – our nursing team is striving every day to improve both.

I think Blake’s mission statement says it best: “To provide exceptional care to every patient, every time.”

Pros:
    Frequent opportunities for advancement and cross-training

Emergency Services, ICU/Critical Care, & Surgical Services Internship Programs

New RN Apprenticeship Program (“StaRN”) – helping recent graduates build a strong and confident foundation as they transition from school to career

New specialty services consistently being added - something for everyone!

Big hospital services, but smaller community facility “feel” where you don’t get lost in the shuffle

Part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) network – stable employer network

Competitive pay ranges

Comprehensive benefits package (Health, PTO, 401(k), PTO, Employee Stock Purchase, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short/Long Term Disability coverage and MORE)

Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program

Highly supportive, knowledgeable, friendly Human Resources Team

Happy Cubs Daycare onsite

24/7 Fitness Gym on campus for employee use

National Certification Differential

Relocation Assistance

Cons

Cons:
    RN vacancies (This recruiter is working diligently to increase our nursing staff – we’re looking for only the best nursing talent!)

Newer leaders are still getting established in their new roles (Many of our leaders were given an opportunity to advance and were promoted to their new roles in the past year – they are working hard to develop their teams and improve their departments.)

2. "Amazing work place"

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time

Pros

I am new to Blake and to HCA, so far this has been an amazing experience, great leadership, I have resources to do my job and plenty of support. Great staff, very friendly and dedicated to do the right thing every time.
    Everyone here is true to the mission statement of the hospital: "To provide exceptional care to every patient, every time."

Cons

Union, union
    Not centrally located in Bradenton but can't really change that...

3. "Great Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great organization, truly has a family feel (which is rare in a facility this size). Leadership has a true focus on quality and what the patient needs.

Cons

Lots of unrest currently with a significant changes in the ranks of senior management. Overall making changes for the better, though.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the patient and drive quality and patient outcomes. Put in place great leadership and stay focused and everything else will come.

"Company Review"

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team atmosphere, everyone focused on excellent patient care and making our employees happy.

Cons

Healthcare can be a tough business. Blake seems to always understand that and make efforts to appreciate employees.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with your employees and continue to listen to their voices.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time

Pros

Great benefits with 401k matching, generous paid time off, approachable management, friendly coworkers

Cons

Cafeteria is expensive, but you can pack a lunch

Advice to Management

Like the employee forums the CEO has for all employees to attend, and that management is approachable

"I Must Say..."

Current Employee - Communications in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Communications in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Blake Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would definitely have to say management. I hands down have the best management. Also, the flexibility is awesome. I have a second job and my Blake supervisor and director are extremely understanding and considerate. My actual coworkers are pretty great as well for the majority.

Cons

The pay is quite low in my opinion.

Advice to Management

my management is great! please continue with your current ways and attitudes.

7. "Great therapy team with an environment that fosters new learning with the patient's best interest at heart!"

Current Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am part of a team of medical professionals that go above and beyond to meet the needs of our patients. I am respected and heard by our physicians when it comes to a patient's needs and safety.

Cons

As all facilities go, we are in need of new talent to invigorate growth and ideas. We are a growing family beach town that is sometimes overlooked by the up and coming!

Advice to Management

Incorporate multidisciplinary non-management groups to problem solve and improve everyday processes.

"Business Development"

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm fortunate to work with a great team. Communication is key.

Cons

We've had challenges with upper level turnover and changes this past year, but I am optimistic for the future and direction we are headed.

9. "Great Team work!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working in the ER is a great team effort. The doctors and nurses work well together to take care of patients. The doctors are very open to nursing suggestions, and always treat nurses with respect. Each team member contributes to patient care, you never feel like you are alone. The management team shows that they care by rounding on patients on a daily basis and making changes based on that feedback. You often see management talking individually with staff to ask them questions about them. Also they have a fun committee to keep team building. The doctors are also very good to nurses and take us out to keep us close and team building. Great environment to work in. I have no intentions of leaving any time soon!

Cons

Sometimes handoffs to the floors can be difficult.

Advice to Management

More help moving patients out of ER to the floors would be good.

10. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Blake Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with the most amazing team. Supported by Senior Management and Divisional directors, which allows many opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

I do not have any downside towards HCA, only personal about the location and the time it takes me to arrive at work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in the advancement and new ideas for Blake. Its working, and i am very proud when i am out in the community and hear great things in regards to our Burn clinic, Occupational health office and ED departments.