Blasting Sagl Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2020

2.9
Blasting Sagl CEO Andrea Manfredi
Andrea Manfredi
Pros
  • "If you’re a passionate journalist looking for a platform to tell your story, it’s time you sign up for Blasting News(in 10 reviews)

• "Plenty of writing opportunities for freelance writers(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Italian spoken continuously in the office without consideration to be inclusive to non-(in 7 reviews)

• "Ridiculously long hours with no reward(in 5 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Blasting Sagl full-time

Pros

You work with great people

Cons

Can be demanding at times

"No advancement"

1.0

I have been working at Blasting Sagl full-time

Pros

Open doors to multiple jobs because you get experience

Cons

No challenge in the workplace. You do the same thing everyday.

"Blasting News is a garbage"

Former Employee - Writer in New York, NY

I worked at Blasting Sagl part-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros. Blasting News lacks English knowledge and everyone makes terrible mistakes

Cons

Blasting News is full of garbage. I have worked there but god suspension for more than 2 months but when they changed their compensation rates then they wanted writers because before they were paying writers fixed $3 per article. After these new changed, many writers quit from there and then they unblocked me. If you will go through their editors and their checking, you will be surprised. Everyone makes mistakes. They have favorite writers and editors whom they do not say anything If they do mistakes. Nobody care. This platform is just only for old writers who are already their favorite people.

Blasting Sagl Response

March 23, 2018Global Managing Partner

Dear Blaster, As you may know, we always try to keep our Blasters happy, and we do try to make it fair for everyone. We do need to maintain our reputation, and we do request our Blasters to write only high-quality contents that are 100% authentic, coherent and without any grammar mistakes. Thank you for sharing your thought with us and keep blasting 😊

"Difficult to make decent money"

Current Employee - Writer in New York, NY

I have been working at Blasting Sagl part-time for more than a year

Pros

It is something you can do at home

Cons

The website does not show up well on Google News and encourages writers to share on social media to get readers, which doesn't always work. They also only pay for views from first world countries - others, despite the relevant ads fed on the pages, you get almost non-existent pay. For a while they were paying a guaranteed minimum $3 per article, but that has fallen away and now its just pay for page views, which don't always happen, unless you write viral gaming articles.

Blasting Sagl Response

March 22, 2018Global Managing Partner

Dear Blaster, As you may know, we always try to keep our Blasters happy, and we do try to make it fair for everyone. We pay our Blaster according to the number of views you receive on the article you wrote. Our top Blasters are making around US$ 20K/month. Of course, we do need to maintain our reputation, and we do request our Blasters to write only high-quality contents. Keep the hard work, and you will soon get a big paycheck as well. Thank you for sharing your thought with us and keep blasting 😊

5. "On-time Pay"

4.0
    Current Employee - Writer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Blasting Sagl part-time for less than a year

Pros

I just started writing for the company this month and I am amazed by its on-time payment. It's one of the reasons why writers love to write for this site. The editors are mostly nice too!

Cons

I hope we can lower the 400 words/2000 characters down to 300-350 words per article so it won't be too long for the readers to read the article. I have friends who read my articles and said that my article is too long.

Continue reading

"Good Way to Earn Extra Cash"

4.0
    Freelance Writer in Reading, PA

I have been working at Blasting Sagl

Pros

Lots of lexibility on topics, weekly pay for upfronts, submission system is easy to use, staff is friendly and helpful

Cons

Articles are only paid out for first 30 days, photos are a bit challenging to find depending on the topic, when the queue is full review times can be a little long, there is a $150 cap per article

Continue reading

"Company needs to learn best practices"

I have been working at Blasting Sagl part-time

Pros

You can write about what you want.

Cons

Some of their rules, such as not linking to outside sites and using bold-face for keywords, go against best practices.

Continue reading

"Would be 5 stars if not for..."

IM Editorial Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at Blasting Sagl

Pros

They legitimately pay out. A good source to build a portfolio can be done in my spare time.

Cons

Would be 5 stars if not for that BS copy and paste excuse I keep getting as reasons for my articles to keep getting rejected. seriously it's one thing if i make a grammatical mistake, but don't tell me its "Not up to our standards of English" then not tell me what your standards are, and still expect me to fix it. the job of an editor is to literally point out every mistake, which none of your editors seem to be interested in doing. I can't copy and paste a news article, that would be unacceptable, why then is it ok for your editors to copy and paste a rejection? that's like filing a missing person report for John Doe, with all of his features unknown. 2 stars till you get this fixed.

Continue reading
  9. "Great place to write"

I have been working at Blasting Sagl part-time

Pros

Easy to get along with, great pay. I love that I have the freedom to write on whatever topic works for me and there are not set hours. Always pay on time.

Cons

Pay comes monthly except for bonuses. I wish they paid more often.

10. "Generating Income is Difficult"

Current Employee - Junior Journalist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Blasting Sagl part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is niee that you can write about any subject that means so much to you and some of the staff tries to encourage success

Cons

I am an animal lover/advocate, working with animals in some capacity for more than half of my senior adult life. After retiring, I was encouraged to carry on my passion through writing. I have only been with Blasting News since last August and thought it was going to be my new home because of my high hopes and expectations. But I soon found out, despite all the help and encouragement from some of the staff, that so many people did not share my passion. When I first started here, we received no compensation other than number of views. I was told, share, share, share and so I did, on appropriate subject-related sites and I got many likes but very few readers and views. If I got as many views as I do likes, my feedback would have a different tone! We were finally given compensation for each article published, $3 for at least 400 to 450 words required after putting in the time to research, ensure good copy and often edit the photos. I am sure there are excellent writers here who cover other more interesting genres that readers prefer than animal news which is sad for me and very frustrating. Although I love what I do, I joined this team to make money doing what I love but even with bonuses, income has been minimal over a ten month period after writing at least 200 articles. When I started, I envisioned making at least $100 a month but that apparently was a failed vision. I have done everything I could to follow the recommendations of the staff, wrote the articles with the best research and accuracy, I would share, share, share but all those efforts couldn’t seem to encourage most people to read the articles and share them as well. Very disappointed because I love animals and have so much to offer and share with readers but get discouraged to put all the effort in and receive minimal views and no worthy compensation for my time, efforts and inner passion.

Found 43 reviews