KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bleacher Report

Is this your company?

Bleacher Report

Add a Review

Bleacher Report Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 28, 2020

Found 10 of over 162 reviews

4.0
Bleacher Report CEO Dave Finocchio (no image)
Dave Finocchio
Pros
  • "Relatively lax work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "Great perks since B/R is under Warner Media(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The fact that they have any respect in the sports media space is a bit of a miracle(in 7 reviews)

• "Some people go into the program with the hope of writing for B/R after the program is done, and they're somewhat vague about that possibility(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work life balance, sports & culture combined enough said

Sep 25, 2019 - Senior Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, management trusts you to do you work without micromanaging and listen to your input and opinion, very relaxed work environment and people are nice to work with. Great perks since B/R is under Warner Media

Cons

Company would benefit from more established processes and better internal communication on projects, though efforts are certainly being made to improve and get better

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Generally love the place!

Oct 28, 2020 - Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative community, awesome work environment (when such things existed), fun activities, smart people.

Cons

Repetitive article assignments, lack of diversity at management level.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh

Feb 28, 2020 - Video Editor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- One of the few M-F (occasional weekend shift) editor jobs in the city - Working in sports - Relatively lax work environment

Cons

- Youth/ignorance in management bleeds through to content created - Decent sized layoffs every 2 or so years - Overall inept upper management with limited to no sports knowledge while running a "sports" company

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Programmer

Jan 24, 2020 - Social Media Programmer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment, great staff.

Cons

Not much career growth and leadership.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good with the potential to be Great

Mar 25, 2019 - Associate Producer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Atmosphere to be creative Chill work environment in-touch with the current culture if sports will certainly surpass ESPN at some point

Cons

Can be very "clicky" Promotions are based off how you fit in more so than your merit

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

4 years at Bleacher Report

Oct 27, 2015 - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Bleacher Report. Great people, great company, great atmosphere. I left to pursue a new career because I wanted to try something new, but it was very difficult to leave BR. I felt like I was treated well, and learned a lot from some really smart people. And as a sports fan, I was able to enjoy sports during the day, which was a definite plus. I also personally enjoyed having the support of a big company Turner - opened up the possibilities for what we could do and how we could grow. The office itself is also great. I realize it will be difficult to find a work environment like B/R again.

Cons

I think the only thing for me would be that a lot of the people who I had gotten to know over my time there had gone on to pursue new things, so a lot of fresh faces in the office. I think that's just a natural part of any company, especially a relatively young but growing one, to have people come and go. And often those people leaving were doing so for good opportunities within the company, like some people moved from SF to NY or London but remained at BR. For others, they had just reached a limit of what they could do at BR - which again I don't think is a strike against BR, but just that the kind of people they hire are go-getters. So it was natural for those people to move on. And i definitely liked the people who were still there, as I mentioned the people are one of the best parts of the company. But as someone who had been there a while, the office was maybe a little less familiar than when I had first started, when the company was a smaller startup.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Swept Problems under the Rug while pretending NOT to be Alcoholics

Aug 1, 2014 - Contract Designer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment if you like part professionalism and part fraternity. A lot going on.

Cons

People are either drinking all the time or sometimes drunk on the job, constantly. The upper management tends to sweep problems and people under the rug in an attempt to silence them before they have a chance to voice any ideas or complaints. The level of work waxes and wanes depending on how many Jaeger shots the team takes in afternoon. I was a contract designer, who was never paid on time, despite having direct deposit.. they always seemed to pay us late and had 800 excuses why. A perfect example was, I was owed money and i was about to leave for a trip, and they didnt pay me, yet again, and i was stranded where i was without any money because they couldnt pay me on time. once.

8 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't get comfortable

Jan 6, 2013 - Editor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual work environment, opportunity to work from home part of the time, friendly and sociable staff. Good healthcare, competitive salary. At the end of the day, its sports. If you love sports (and in most cases you wouldn't be here if you didn't) its an aspect of the job you simply won't find most anywhere else.

Cons

Very long hours, basically on-call 24-7. No long-term loyalty to employees. Meet expectations and still potentially lose your job. Don't tease yourself into thinking the company cares about you.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Dec 10, 2014 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of opportunity for professional growth, fast-growing company, great benefits, flexibility, great management, professional and fun work environment, excellent work-life balance, young

Cons

Communication across departments, communication with Turner (parent company)

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Review of Content Roles

Apr 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone tries to help others succeed.

Cons

Everyone in content is extremely underpaid for the type of work they do.

1 person found this review helpful