KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They hire really great people.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Compensation is more than fair, benefits amazing, management amazing, PREPARED TO FEEL VALUED!(in 9 reviews)
  • "started out with competitive pay(in 6 reviews)
  • "The team is close, they respect each other, and find their work meaningful(in 6 reviews)
  • "the place is good and the management of course(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work and wonderful team to be a part of

Apr 8, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, extremely fair compensation, and highly advanced and innovative product offerings with an already huge market share.

Cons

Growing pains since going public, market has effected revenue growth.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Disappointing

Apr 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Free snacks -Transparency is valued although in segments. That’s all.

Cons

Everything else. It is NOT remote if you live near an office and aren’t in engineering or product development or HR.. No they will not give any consideration to if you have complications getting to and from the office or prefer to stay remote. They will force you to go back to the office. They laid off 10% of their employees which is never a good sign. Their vision is clearly out of touch with reality and the CEO is no exception to that. Spend more than 3 days working as an employee and you’ll see what I mean. Diversity and inclusion efforts are to be commended but overshadowed by the helicopter-style management methods that are so overbearing you’ll want to quit after a few days. Beneath all the atta-boys and fabricated camaraderie, there are “metrics” that you’ll need to meet or suffer the consequences. Not a very supportive and understanding environment. Are you someone who sits in their seat and accepts mediocracy? This job is for you. An innovator looking for ways to change the game and brainstorm with the brightest minds around?! Look somewhere else. There’s this uncomfortable feeling like you’re always being watched like a call center and are 100% talked about in the several meetings management has per day. I’m talking like 4-5 meetings per day not per week so they are understandably so out of touch that you’re left figuring things out for yourself. Benefits are slowly being eroded into oblivion due to the lack of profit and yet everyone is still clinging to hope. Recognize a sinking ship when you see one, you’ll thank me later… Don’t walk. Run.

14 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Big Brother Culture, Horrible Work Life Balance

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Financial technology space was interesting and a fun problem to solve at its peak

Cons

- CEO set the big brother culture, everyone questions what people are doing and how hard they’re working. He also promotes people who are willing to sell themselves to Blend and commit themselves to work. - the company doesn’t appreciate their employees and the fact that they’re the livelihood of the business. They did a terrible job of promoting from within and setting people up for success - Lack of leadership and training caused serious problems and often times they’d promote people who should’ve never been managers in the first place, they were friends of the CEO versus the most qualified person - C level let’s the CEO walk all over them and they’re too scared to challenge him and do the right thing - The reason the company is failing so miserably is because the CEO is unwilling to admit his faults and is too selfish at this point to make the right decisions for the business and their employees. He’s now so caught up in materialistic things he’s not making smart decisions for the company. - It’s a sinking ship and has been for a really long time. They kept people at the company who should’ve been fired years ago - No matter how much time you spend at the company or how much effort and time you put into your job they still forget your work anniversaries, don’t have proper reasons behind not giving promotions or compensation increases - The company was really irresponsible with their equity grants and fundraising - I would never recommend a friend to work at this company

9 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Better than average

Jun 10, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's never boring, I feel like I'm growing as a software engineer, I get to work with all the teams, not just my own. Work from home is a real plus

Cons

Can be a bit stressful, they have done a mass lay off not too long ago which makes me feel like it's not as stable as it could be.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful

Jun 25, 2022 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- there wasn’t a single redeeming quality during my time there

Cons

- high turnover. People who don’t flee are layed off. Only the worst of the worst remain. - no accountability for managers that gaslight and micromanage - chaotic environment that changes on a dime - company tried to do manager training and managers wouldn’t even show up

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Best coworkers. Worst leaders

Apr 27, 2022 - Demand Generation
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great coworkers - Recent IPO - Wfh first

Cons

- People are dismissed in huge parties, at once so the org functions on more a reactive culture than a disruptive one - The CEO seems to care more about his brand image than retaining employee satisfaction - People are running blind and there is limited transparency. So many people would rather discuss how other teams are I competent than addressing the issues themselves - Played favorites was a big reason for my departure. Leadership truly doesn't believe there is anything wrong when you adtess but it's blatantly obvious that more attention is paid to men or white women during team calls so POC women have to work harder to be recognized in the low light we start out with. About 3 POC women left my team within two weeks of eachother due to lack of recognition

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and product, confused leadership.

Apr 20, 2022 - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to work with many talented people during my time at Blend. Most of the individuals were great, hardworking, and very adept at what they did. The company did their best to be inclusive of remote workers and make them feel part of the team.

Cons

Management is all turned around on what priorities should be every other quarter. Projects are generally mismanaged pretty badly and valuable time and resources are spent in all the wrong places. Certain teams are allowed to run rampant without enough checks and balances, causing havoc for others. Despite seeing all the signs, management spent hundreds of millions on acquiring a title company just before a massive real estate pull back.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall it's good

Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

wlb remote good people work together

Cons

leadership and management transparency product direction

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

I love the direct managers, but the entire organization is a mess

May 24, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great manager support Good Pay and Benefits

Cons

All other departments are extremely dysfunctional and it takes days for a single thing to be completed whether it be internal or external. Continued false promises are made to employees and customers and CSMs are being thrown under the bus around every corner. They never actually complete any part of their "solution" while continuing to release half baked products. No one actually knows how the product is supposed to operate besides a handful of people who gate keep the knowledge and never actually respond. Either outdated or no documentation actually exists for at least 75% of the products.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great product, poor leadership

Jan 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blend clearly has a great product. We have a strong customer base, we are continuing to launch meaningful products and we hire top talent. I think Blend has so much potential to make a BIG impact. The people are great, and I think with the right leadership we will all be hugely successful and profit from our hard work.

Cons

However, our CEO is going to be our downfall. His decision making for a company at our stage is poor and he has his hands in way too many things. Everything has to be his way, and lots of those decisions are areas in which he lacks expertise. Some of our executive team is strong but most are poor leaders, mostly because they don't know how to push back and prioritize his needs over what's best for the company. The cultural issues need to be addressed asap. Lots of foundational issues, discrepancies with pay, poor trainings and education, and a ton of favoritism. Also, the CEO continues to promote a flat org (something that worked for Blend in its early days) but is preventing employee growth and development and people are leaving. He seems unwilling to evolve.

13 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Reviews

Blend Reviews FAQs

Blend has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 151 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Blend to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -19% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Blend employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Blend. This rating has decreased by -14% over the last 12 months.

54% of Blend employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blend 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Blend to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Blend Job Seekers