34% would recommend to a friend
(216 total reviews)
45% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Five layoffs in 16 months is insane." (in 15 reviews)
- "Bad management, they have NO people skills, they will treat you like a child and will not allow you to make any decisions." (in 9 reviews)
- "some managers have a “my way or the highway” attitude" (in 8 reviews)
- "It's clear leadership is fumbling the bag." (in 7 reviews)
- "In reality the leadership team is bloated, in size and ego." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Blend and is not affected by filters.
Found 216 of over 247 reviews
Updated Nov 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 11, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Collaborative environment. Open honest and transparent culture. We are building something very challenging and complex so its never boring.
Currently the shares are not worth much so the compensation can be a bit on the lower end. Although Blend is known to pay very well during good times.
- 2.0Sep 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWestlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
If you are working here, you will learn new skills. Through hard work and everything that is being drilled upon you while being short staffed. The team at Blend are great. One thing that this adversity of Rifs and cuts has provided us, is being to lean on eachother and build friendships. The team mates are the biggest perk at blend.
C-Suite has little to no empathy for workers who have placed so much time and effort in this company. Westlake office is NOT REMOTE. Just because the rest at Blend are, doesn’t mean all of Blend applies, we are considered the unlucky ones. Metrics are what factors in to hopefully keep us out of the office. But it can be unrealistic. So many are forced to be onsite. Compounding with gas prices, child care costs, traffic. Working onsite proves distraction time and time again. Poor direction Blend took purchasing Title365 and going public. That was the beginning of the end. The promise of growth and opportunities don’t exist here. Don’t cling on to hope, it’s not worth it.
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023Product ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
caring culture, good leadership, talented workforce
brutal market for companies like Blend.
- 4.0Oct 26, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
* Good people * Good benefits
* Decisions made by leadership seems to change a lot without consideration of consequences * Depending on the team, your contributions may be undervalued * Very ambiguous working environment
- 4.0Oct 19, 2023Documentation Specialist and TrainerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
open and honest communication, benefits, leadership cares
success of company depends on Mortgage interest rates which lead to major layoffs early 2023
- 3.0Nov 15, 2023MarketingFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
- Flexible work schedule - Fully remote
- Weak leadership - Constantly changing objectives - Everyone is overworked
- 4.0Sep 27, 2023Customer Success Manager (CSM)Former Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Great employee benefits and pay
It can be difficult to get assistance from other departments when trying to support your clients. Lots of layoffs due to market conditions in the past year.
- 2.0Aug 21, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The people. Excellent team. Supportive environment and culture.
It's clear leadership is fumbling the bag. Five layoffs in 16 months is insane. In January 2022, there were 2200 employees. Now there are 640. That's 1 in 3 who have managed to keep their jobs. The odds are not in your favor.5
- 1.0Aug 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The people I've worked with at Blend are really smart, thoughtful, and empathetic. Remote first environment Unlimited PTO and flexible work schedule
In the year and a half that I worked at Blend, there were 5 layoffs. Hundreds of employees were let go because of leadership's poor planning. C-suite has no idea what they're doing. During every layoff round, they tried to spin the news as a positive but they were just proven wrong when they had to keep letting people go because they're on their way to bankruptcy. Morale was incredibly low and no one seemed to really care about what they were doing anymore. People starting getting passive aggressive.2
Blend Reviews FAQs
Blend has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 247 reviews left anonymously by employees. 34% of employees would recommend working at Blend to a friend and 25% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
34% of Blend employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blend 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.