Blendtec Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Blendtec CEO Tom Dickson
Tom Dickson

Pros
Cons
  • Everything is run on a short term mentality, customers get pushed to the wayside while the executive team trips over dollars to pick up dimes (in 7 reviews)

• Not enough compensation per blender, long hours (in 6 reviews)

"Production"

Current Employee - Production in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Production in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best blender around. Love learning and Implementing lean manufacturing principles. Love the people I work with. The business has made changes for the better and headed in the right direction. I just love my job and coming to work. :-)

Cons

I don't really see any cons just opportunities to learn and grow from. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good TEAM work. I know I enjoy seeing upper management come around and get to know who we are. :-)

2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Working at Blendtec has been an amazing experience. Boss is trusting and fair, but expects employees to work hard. Current leadership has company heading in positive direction. Competitive pay, wish there were more bonuses.

Cons

Definitely some growing pains. In December of 2015 they had a pretty big layoff with past leadership. Normal Corporate red tape, but they are trying to better the culture.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Outside Sales"

Current Contractor - OUTSIDE SALES in Orem, UT
    Current Contractor - OUTSIDE SALES in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec as a contractor

Pros

Amazing product and sales team support for success from the CEO- to Sales Reps

Cons

Upward mobility might be challenging, and that can be frustrating for driven high energy individuals

Advice to Management

Monthly open conversation that deals with barriers for success / creating a deeper understanding of challenges facing all aspects of Blendtec/ until I meet Sr Mgt I have no way to comment from first hand knowledge

5. "Selling blenders at demo"

Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Palm Desert, CA
    Current Contractor - Brand Ambassador in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Blendtec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Alot of fun, on the mic interacting with people

Cons

Not enough compensation per blender, long hours

Advice to Management

Add base pay and rotate vendors to high traffic location

"Team Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, good perks, on site Bistro and clinic.

Cons

No communication, people never know where to draw the line.

Advice to Management

Trust that other people can get their job done, improve your own department not the others.

7. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, fabulous entry-level position.

Cons

A bit repetitive after awhile.

8. "Great place to learn and build confidence"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Orem, UT

Pros

In the engineering department we have a ton of freedom to be creative. Even as an intern there is a ton of confidence in us that we know what we're doing and can develop creative solutions to problems. I have learned a ton in my time here

Cons

Blendtec is large for the area, but small compared to other companies where people often do engineer internships, and they only hire new full time people when someone leaves so chances of being offered a full time position at graduation is extremely slim

"Change Is Difficult"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Pros

Great employee benefits, on-site gym, on-site fitness trainer provided, on-site massage therapist subsidized by the company, on-site health clinic, on-site Bistro, employee pricing on products, very friendly employees, transparent executives, monthly employee meeting and refreshments, holiday parties, easy access to the freeway, good location.

I have worked for mutliple companies in the past with very toxic environments and that has not been my experience to date. I have also worked for family owned companies with severe nepotism problems. I'm very aware of those types of problems and I have yet to see it at Blendtec.

Cons

The company is in transition. Poor management in the past led to some serious issues that have caused problems from processes to culture. The current executive management team is tackling issues one at a time and cleaning up a big mess that they inherited. Most employees appear to be working together well to repair the damage created by previous executives who only wanted to make a big score and then move on to the next big pay day. I was concerned about some of the negative reviews I had read and I addressed those from day one. I've found HR & management to be very open with me concerning the issues they face and the path they are on to resolve the issues. I've also witnessed first hand that the executive management team is very transparent with all employees in a monthly meeting. Yes, they have asked employees to keep the company information private as it is confidential. It's a shame that just because people can hide behind anonymous postings on social media these days that they actually have to be reminded that some things really are confidential and maybe they should exercise some discretion. I don't know all the history or everyone's individual gripes but, to date, I haven't had any problems or bad experiences here.

Advice to Management

Continue tackling the problems and implementing the processes that will improve production and quality. Continue to hire good people. Continue to weed out the negative employees or the people who only want to pillage the company for riches and then move on. Continue to make consistent and continual improvement. Continue sharing the wins and the challenges with the employees and ask for their participation. I do think this company can move through the challenges and come out better than ever.

10. "Some reps blend, some don't."

Current Contractor - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Blendtec as a contractor

Pros

Blendtec has great flexibility where you can make it a part time or full time position. They have great income potential where you will get back what you put in. The blendtec is a high tech and fun product to demonstrate. You're not just promoting a product but also a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

The long hours can wear you down, some days are 12+. When they dock commissions when they go on promotion you have to work twice as hard for the same pay. You're 1099 so keep in mind you still have to deduct taxes. Sometimes there are scheduling conflicts or not enough stores available to demonstrate at. They do not give enough notice for shows so planning anything can be difficult. It can be discouraging to have no support or recognition from management- you're on your own. Once burned out they replace you like used tires on a car.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to hear from the corporate side more. As a rep being informed is mutually beneficial. Having more incentives besides the normal commission and feeling a part of the company and team might make the turn over decrease significantly.

"Avoid at all costs."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are zero pros about the job.

Cons

Treated like dirt from management, work 70 plus hours per week, constant pay cuts, dealing with terrible entitled costco managers and customers, so much hauling stressful demo supplies/kit around and set up takes a long time, exhausting.

Advice to Management

Know that reps are the only way your company is surviving, know that your products are flawed and customers constantly complain, drop the fake personalities.