Blendtec Reviews | Glassdoor

Blendtec CEO Tom Dickson
Tom Dickson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of long term vision and leadership from the executive team and upper level management is setting the stage for company implosion (in 8 reviews)

• Not enough compensation per blender, long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "run away"

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

None worst management I have ever worked for

Cons

Management don't know what it is doing. Drove a good company in the ground. All the good employees are gone and they are just trying to survive.

Advice to Management

Get the family out of the business and turn it over to professionals and not just good talkers.

"Swimming upstream"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great positive environment
    Your success is recognized
    Management is open to your ideas
    The bistro and gym
    Blender perks and discounts
    Easy to get time off for vacation or other needs

Cons

Raises and bonuses were not practicable at the time
    Progress was slow, if felt like when we took a step forward, we also had to take 2 steps back

Advice to Management

Just keep swimming! I hope all the good things I was able to be a part of, will pay off soon

3. "Overall a Good Experience"

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Great Place to Learn
    Kind Owners
    Excellent Bistro on Site

Cons

Challenging Financial Situation But Working Out Of It

Advice to Management

Hang in there!

"Shaky Management"

Former Employee - PHP Developer
    Former Employee - PHP Developer

I worked at Blendtec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with, the ability to be a core member of the team

Cons

Constant layoffs, management doesn't seem to know what they want, promised bonuses never happened

"Run From This Company"

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

These guys are snakes in the grass

Cons

Blendtec violated labor laws concerning their demonstrators and was ordered by court in a class action Lawsuit to pay back the demonstrators including penalties....and now has balked at those terms, saying they don't have the money. Don't buy from them as they are on very shaky ground and financially unstable as a company. From early on they ran their business horrible. It's amazing they are even still in business. They screwed the very lifeblood of their business, ie their sales people...and now are doing it again. Don't buy from them, you'll be sorry... they'll screw you too. Arg.

"Best Blenders!"

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

You get a free blender after 90 days, the people who actually do the work here are wonderful! Great employee discounts on Blendtec, Blendfresh, and GEO. products.

Cons

Employees are not appreciated, made to feel like your contribution has no value. There are a lot of "rules" but they don't apply to everyone. There is always fear in the air because of how many lay offs employees have endured. Jobs are created for people who have an in, promotions are given to people that may not deserve them. No raises, no bonuses, no employee reviews. Management runs around like a chicken with its head cut off and the rest of the company has to follow behind them. Resources are not given to current employees in order to set them up to succeed. Rather we hire people from outside who don't know anything about our product, culture, or vision. Moral is terrible, everyone comes to either get a paycheck or build their resume.

Advice to Management

Get it together..

"So Much Potential - Lack of Leadership Will Be The Company's Downfall"

I worked at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Superb products. Many people in the trenches give their all, work hard, and are committed to company success.

Cons

Lack of long term vision and leadership from the executive team and upper level management is setting the stage for company implosion.

Advice to Management

Don't look for others to blame and fire when things go wrong. Take accountability for poor choices. Hire managers and executives who know what they are doing and can sustain long term results...not just people who pretend to be educated and know what they are doing when in reality they have no formal education or real life experience in corporate America.

8. "Unbeatable product"

Current Employee - Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy to take pride in blendtec. the longer you work here the more you realize they really do make the best product in the industry. They work hard to design and bring new products every day.

Cons

If I had to pick a con I'd say that some management is lacking but I'm confident they'll figure it out.

Advice to Management

Quit... just kidding most management is excellent enjoyed working here especially because of the people.

""WEAK LOW-GRADE MANAGEMENT""

I worked at Blendtec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

On Site Clinic,Exercise room,Massage Therapist

Cons

Management must have received their degree out of a cracker jack box..You could be the most reliable,dedicated employee and still get a 1% raise. What a slap in the face..Blendtec Management gets rid of their Full-Time employees and replaces them with Temps which Blendtec promises to make them full time and Don't..Management Bad mouths you..Management makes a mistake, will throw YOU under the bus..Having to Sharing the Bathrooms with TRANSGENDER!!!! IS NOT ACCEPTABLE with my CULTURE!!!

Advice to Management

ADVICE TO TOM DICKSON !!!You Need Production,Floor Managers with a Degree and who knows how to treat and talk to their employees.. Stop Lying to the employees, Currant Management will have Blendtec bankrupt in No time.

"Production"

Current Employee - Production in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Production in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best blender around. Love learning and Implementing lean manufacturing principles. Love the people I work with. The business has made changes for the better and headed in the right direction. I just love my job and coming to work. :-)

Cons

I don't really see any cons just opportunities to learn and grow from. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good TEAM work. I know I enjoy seeing upper management come around and get to know who we are. :-)