Bleu Marketing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Bleu Marketing Solutions Reviews

1.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Unprofessional management and work chaotic environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

There aren't really any, the junior staff is pleasant to work with and the location in San Francisco used to be nice but now the office has moved to a very remote location where there is literally nothing around.

Cons

The Management specifically the owner/CEO who creates a very chaotic and unprofessional work environment. There are no boundaries and you are constantly threatened to lose your job over a mood swing.
    You cannot report any problems to HR because there isn't really an HR department/representative, you are basically on your own.
    The annual performance review program is a joke as it actually never occurs, you are asked to fill out a long form but then never hear anything afterwards.
    You are expected to full fill multiple jobs at once but will never get compensated for it.

Lack of true leadership, lack of company culture, lack of goals, lack of communication, lack of decent remuneration and benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly, value their time, their commitment and listen to them.
    Implement true leadership and real hierarchy.
    Get organized

"Stiffed"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in San Rafael, CA
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in San Rafael, CA

Pros

The employees seemed really nice. Mellow, aesthetically pleasing office space. Catered lunches, although I heard that those might not have lasted much longer.

Cons

I came in to Bleu this summer to perform a little over a week's worth of work, to help with a big project that their on-staff person in my field couldn't handle on her own. It's been almost three months since I submitted my invoice and I haven't been paid yet. My emails to certain relevant individuals at the company inquiring as to the status of my check would sometimes go unanswered for over four weeks--if they were ever answered at all, which some of them weren't. Ever. When I did hear from anyone, they would only say vague things like "sorry about the delay, I'll look into it." But there has been no evidence whatsoever that it's actually been looked into. This is all unbelievable, extremely frustrating, and very disappointing, as when I left the contract I felt fully open to helping them out again, if they needed it. Now, I don't see how I could go back to a company that appears to think stiffing its freelancers is acceptable.

Advice to Management

Do you pay your full-time employees? Do you get paid yourself? Have you considered also paying your freelancers? You should really pay people who do work for your company. To not do so is stealing.

"Sweat Shop"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

Pros

neighborhood was nice while in SF

Cons

extremely low pay, dismal benefits, doesn't keep track of all the extra hours you work, but when you need to leave a couple of hours early, it will deducted from your PTO! WTF!?!? Uses lots of international students as they provide high quality work but cannot get paid or at least not much. Thus the establishment of the extensive internship program... lots of free labor!!

Advice to Management

Pay real wages, provide good benefits, don't use people and take advantage of international students interning with you

"Lacks Leadership and Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There are very few "pros" when working at Bleu. They can be flexible with scheduling and are currently providing lunch, though that maybe ending soon.

Cons

Bleu lacks leadership, innovation and vision. There are very few active clients and new business is not coming in. Management is not open to new ideas.

The office was located in San Francisco, but moved to San Rafael. Employees were only given about 1.5 weeks notice prior to the move.

Advice to Management

Lead the team, communicate and share goals.

5. "Extremely Unprofessional workplace"

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The neighborhood is very beautiful with tons of lunch spots and nice places to take coffee breaks. The junior staff is very pleasant.

Cons

Horrible work environment, talking about staff to other staff by directors and HR. Sometimes my days were completely unproductive because of all the chaos. There is absolutely No HR department. Space yourself and find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Hire real leaders.

6. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice neighborhood. Pleasant surroundings. Nice office space.

Cons

Despite assuring everyone that it's a family the agency is run like a sweat shop with a big turnaround of young, eager workers being bled dry without gaining and real experience or good mentor ship.
    Don't waste your time. There are plenty or real agencies in SF to chose from.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Be predictable. Pay honest salaries. Don't micro manage.

"Don't settle for less."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They work with big clients.

Cons

Where do I begin? If you're a creative you'll be worked to the bone and be given an extremely LOW salary. ( high budget projects though, where's that money going?)

You'll be placed in a chaotic atmosphere where you'll be given unrealistic deadlines and be expected to stay late.

There's no trust, the owner hired two people dedicated to monitoring every move you make on your computer.

Advice to Management

Be respectful and honest. Pay your employees fairly.

"Ditto, avoid at all costs"

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big clients, nice part of town

Cons

The owner creates a a chaotic and stressful atmosphere which reflects the owner's personality. It's not organized, respectful or efficient and the directives change daily. Checks and balances usually present in business environments do not apply here. You will be miserable unless it's your first job and you don't know any better.

"Career stopper - Avoid at all cost"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Great place to learn when starting in interactive media. Offers good client exposure and access to various positions
    - Get to wear multiple hats and move from one department to the other

Cons

- Extremely low pay compared to other agencies. Heavily rely on interns
    - Career stopper, no opportunities for growth
    - No mentoring
    - Awkward and unhealthy work atmosphere

Advice to Management

"Bleu Marketing doesn't pay it's workers! AVOID!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions as a contractor

Pros

There WERE some nice people there but apparently most left in disgust.
    So plenty of Job openings! Always!
    No longer in SF.

Cons

Worked there July 2016 as of Dec 2016 still not paid.
    I know other freelancers unpaid even longer.

Advice to Management

Laura Van Galen pay your bills! Cheating workers out of pay is not legal or acceptable!