Bleu Marketing Solutions Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

San Francisco, CA

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Helped me build a great career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bleu provided me with the opportunity to work with a variety of Fortune 500 companies as clients. I was able to grow as a designer and learn about the industry and the way it changes. The CEO is very good at bringing together teams of passionate, hard working and great people. Management was flexible with my schedule so I could take career enhancement classes on the side.

Cons

Not very competitive sallary compensation

"Sweat Shop"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

Pros

neighborhood was nice while in SF

Cons

extremely low pay, dismal benefits, doesn't keep track of all the extra hours you work, but when you need to leave a couple of hours early, it will deducted from your PTO! WTF!?!? Uses lots of international students as they provide high quality work but cannot get paid or at least not much. Thus the establishment of the extensive internship program... lots of free labor!!

Advice to Management

Pay real wages, provide good benefits, don't use people and take advantage of international students interning with you

"Lacks Leadership and Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There are very few "pros" when working at Bleu. They can be flexible with scheduling and are currently providing lunch, though that maybe ending soon.

Cons

Bleu lacks leadership, innovation and vision. There are very few active clients and new business is not coming in. Management is not open to new ideas.

The office was located in San Francisco, but moved to San Rafael. Employees were only given about 1.5 weeks notice prior to the move.

Advice to Management

Lead the team, communicate and share goals.

5. "Internship"

Former Employee - Design Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Design Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Team member was willing to help out. People were nice to each other.

Cons

Some loose week during the internship. Need more productivity.

6. "Extremely Unprofessional workplace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The neighborhood is very beautiful with tons of lunch spots and nice places to take coffee breaks. The junior staff is very pleasant.

Cons

Horrible work environment, talking about staff to other staff by directors and HR. Sometimes my days were completely unproductive because of all the chaos. There is absolutely No HR department. Space yourself and find elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Hire real leaders.

7. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice neighborhood. Pleasant surroundings. Nice office space.

Cons

Despite assuring everyone that it's a family the agency is run like a sweat shop with a big turnaround of young, eager workers being bled dry without gaining and real experience or good mentor ship.
    Don't waste your time. There are plenty or real agencies in SF to chose from.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Be predictable. Pay honest salaries. Don't micro manage.

8. "Disappointing"

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location in SF. Bleu has some really respectable clients.

Cons

Bleu could be great, and I think they want to be, but I didn't enjoy my time there. Interns are overworked and expected to produce high-quality work with little to no guidance (or pay). Lots of work for no credit and interns can't be involved in any work with company clients, which pretty much defeats the purpose. The people are not friendly or welcoming, the office is quiet and days drag on.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on, get to know interns and lower level employees, get up on the times.

9. "Great opportunity for go-getters"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

Many talented and experienced coworkers to learn from. Work with big companies. Freedom to grow and try out different roles.

Cons

Many times design and management teams were short staffed which made fire drill projects stressful. Salary and benefits weren't the most generous.

Advice to Management

Needs bigger creative and management teams for the amount of projects in queue. Better pay and benefits.

10. "Creative Intern - included in multiple aspects of teamwork across the company"

Former Intern - Creative Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Creative Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I entered the internship under a creative title, but soon found myself with access to the design, copy, media, and account management floors to saturate myself with as much information as possible. Everyone in the office welcomes curiosity and is happy to answer questions. The exchange of ideas is constant and constructive. My portfolio and self-branding has developed tenfold and I am leaving this internship confident about the future. The atmosphere within the office culture is warm and is extended into after-hour social engagements to celebrate the company's success. If you are a recent graduate or eager to get your foot into the ad agency world, apply here to become self-aware of your professional identity.

Cons

There could be a greater degree of daily office activities if you desire a creative challenge.

Advice to Management

I advise the management to respectfully push boundaries.

11. "Overall a great company to work with."

Current Contractor - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great projects, plenty of challenges, and understanding team for the most part. I've worked with several of the people that have given negative comments and they wanted personal glory and to sabotage other employees to make themselves look better, not what's best for the end client. So take the negative comments with a grain of salt. If you are honest and sincere about meeting the goals of the client, Bleu is an excellent company.

Cons

Not much to say here, the cons are the same as every business but there really aren't many. We've had a slow time building up an understanding, but that's true of every business.