BlinQ Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "HR Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at BlinQ Media (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is great but the door was always revolving

Cons

I don't really have any cons

2. "Media manager"

Pros

There was a decent amount of autonomy. Mostly great people. Was able to get some good experience with social media.

Cons

Upper management was great when I started but things quickly went sideways after their founder left. NO ONE believed in the senior management team and they constantly hired terrible people or gave recently hired leaders (that no one liked or respected) more power.

Advice to Management

Get the old management team back and maybe you would have had a shot of saving this company.

3. "Poor match"

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at BlinQ Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture for 20 somethings - beer, parties, etc.

Cons

poor alignment between job and job listing. Lack of inclusion of managers in decision making; they were just hired to execute.

4. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of autonomy to carve your path while being pushed to support what has been built before.

Cons

Executive instability. Been through a few reorganizations and lack of confidence from G/O Digital leadership.

Advice to Management

Better communication and direction. Hire better sales people...

5. "Thinking outside the Box"

I have been working at BlinQ Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and fantastic unique products solving for needs within the Retail, CPG and Auto verticals. Great development team and with the support of G/O and Gannett are constantly building and enhancing our product sets to align with the market need.

Really smart people always thinking about ways to be different in a very crowded space

Cons

Blinq has historical baggage and its tough to shake, but with an all new staff that is soon to change. Lots of turnover this year but thats a good thing. Current employees are happy and really believe in our future

Advice to Management

Keep building up the culture and being different in your approach

"Room for improvement"

I have been working at BlinQ Media full-time

Pros

Great people, many chances to learn new things, nice perks (even though some have been cut as of late), great location.

Cons

Upper management is really out of touch with the staff. Some lower level managers are either not qualified for their positions or totally incompetent. Others have a "my way or no way" mentality. If you don't agree with what they are doing or don't try to mold yourself in to the type of employee they are looking for, they will try their hardest to find a way to force you out. High turnover. There is a lot of lying and manipulating going on behind the scenes, so it's hard to trust people.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Be transparent. Be flexible. Take an interest in the work of your staff.

7. "Loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlinQ Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, energy and leadership are all awesome.
    We have a new CEO who is dynamic, smart and passionate about making BLiNQ an awesome place to work.
    The perks are great.
    The location is perfect
    Work is plentiful

Cons

The cost of health insurance for families is high
    The office is tooooooo cold!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Please dont lose steam.

8. "Chaos is over...great things ahead"

I have been working at BlinQ Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New CEO is finally here! He's a leader, visionary, listener, decisional maker...all new and much needed. The atmosphere in the office is very upbeat. We will be rolling out exciting new products in the next 6 months. The team gets along very well...definitely a positive place to go every day. Workforce is diverse, which I love.

Cons

Blinq is in transition now...from lack of leadership and vision to more clearly defined vision and goals. We were short staffed and are now approaching planned staff levels. With this change will come a few growing pains, but that should be short lived.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best people we can get!

9. "Great Coworkers and Company Culture"

I have been working at BlinQ Media full-time

Pros

BLiNQ is a great place to work. We know how to have fun while getting the job done. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement, and our current team is awesome. BLiNQ has had some instability in the past, but the overall mentality is one of positive perseverance, and we're excited for the new CEO to continue to propel the company in the right direction.

Cons

Trying to convince people to work here despite old, outdated reviews! The environment has changed for the better in the new year - our recent new hires probably don't even understand what the negative fuss was all about because the current culture and outlook is very positive.

Advice to Management

Continue on the trajectory we've started in 2014, fill open positions and protect the company culture!

10. "Incredible learning environment and friendly people"

Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BlinQ Media full-time

Pros

Great office culture with dedicated, down-to-earth individuals. We've been through turbulent times and have become stronger and better as a result. People listen to you and your thoughts are valued. Hard work is recognized here and the positive environment helps you grow and learn.

Cons

The current transitional period had created some confusion in company direction, but the most difficult times are over. We are juggling multiple different logistical technologies, so we are not as organized as we could be at the moment. Our current application needs to be cleaned up.

Advice to Management

We as a company are getting better, but our current weakness is our disorganization - both in our position hierarchy and technologies.