Blink Fitness Club Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Todd Magazine
  1. "Culture"

Current Employee - Club Manager in Passaic, NJ

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Yes it's a corporate company but doesn't feel like it. We do have quotas to hit every month however it's not impossible to be successful. We are given the tools and support to continue to grow mentally and physically. Which not only benefits our career aspirations but also our own personal aspirations.

Cons

The pay could definitely be better, especially for Front desk associates. They should be compensated a little bit higher and than the maintenance associates.

Blink Fitness2018-08-21
  2. "Had potential but failing."

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great environment with the members and staff and a free gym membership.

Cons

Controlling area managers that are unchecked in their behavior, incompetent at leading, show blatant favoritism and are insecure to the point of putting others down.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on your area managers and support your staff more. Stick to what you say and be clear and fair.

Blink Fitness2019-04-16

"Growing company with some hiccups"

Current Employee - Club Manager

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can easily move within the company if you put in the effort. Blink is still relatively small and it's structure is still being built. They also cater to the communities in which they are located in. You do get a complimentary membership and they offer your typical medical, dental and vision benefits. 401k too.

Cons

If this is your sole responsibility, it can be an awesome path to take. For someone like me, being told I have to work a specific schedule with set days as a manager is discouraging. I value having a decent work/life balance and I am not one to be only about my job. The needs of the business should be specific to each club because every demographic is different. The rate of pay is bare minimum but the expectations...

Advice to Management

Be clear about all expectations when interviewing. Emphasis should be placed on the importance of personal training and member sales because that is something that can literally make or break your career with blink. Also communication should be consistent. It isn't fair for those of us in operations to just be given blanket information on how to do things but also get corrected when such procedures aren't performed correctly...

Blink Fitness2019-03-19

"Has Potential, But Failing"

Former Employee - Club Manager

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Fun work environment with the right leadership in place but that varies from location to location unfortunately. Opportunities for growth if you go above and beyond.

Cons

Poor leadership, training, and development. Prepare to be the scapegoat if under an incompetent area manager. Weirdly competitive. No support. A lot of responsibilities for very poor compensation. Pay is hourly and punching in and out can only be done in club, so work performed outside of the gym goes unpaid.

Blink Fitness2019-02-15
  5. "Great opportunity to break out of your shell and network with great healthy people. Tons of responsibility."

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

No pressure on sales goals and senior managers are very down to earth and offer as much support when they can.

Cons

Responsibility is much greater than wage and that affects the culture of a business if they expect all clubs to run equally.

Advice to Management

Offer employees better outlook on how to hit goals and grow with the company.

Blink Fitness2016-06-22

"Club Manager"

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Many locations coming soon all over the tri-state area. They preach a fun environment and that is very real from area managers to our house keepers.

Cons

pay is not commensurate with actual job duties in comparison to other fitness companies. Not enough front line employees.

Advice to Management

add more front line employees

Blink Fitness2016-03-14
  7. "A growing company thats getting worse and worse"

Current Employee - Club Manager

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time

Pros

*free membership * the VERY slight possiblity of growth

Cons

* non existant training * Constant changing company policys

Advice to Management

Listen to all of your employees in the field for proper suggestions stop caring about just the numbers and cater to the employees needs a happy employee is a hard working employee your area managers need to be observed for their actions as well

Blink Fitness2015-07-28