Blink Fitness Manager On Duty Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

2.5
Blink Fitness CEO Todd Magazine
Todd Magazine
  1. "Stay on your bosses good side... Or else"

Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Generally the staff in gym is actually pretty fun and warm. Such as a family.

Cons

Everyone outside your home gym seems to act like your going after their last supper after months of not eating.

Advice to Management

It's hard cause it's mainly the district Manger that is an issue. Always micromanaging and nitpicking to the point of dissecting the staffs ability to work. Which ends up as a trickle down effect.

Blink Fitness2015-05-13
  2. "Have fun work out and then get out"

Current Employee - Manager On Duty in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Free work outs. Great company culture. Full of enthusiastic, bubbly, and charismatic people.

Cons

Horrible pay, strenuous and tedious task. As far as growing you are playing a game of Russian Roulette. Did they open a spot in the same time that the right person likes you. Sometime the very thing that brought you in to the job is the things that keeps people from working with you to help you grow. It seems all club managers speak the same script. Ask me anything if you are on unsure but then if I don't know I will...

Advice to Management

Take in to consideration more opinion from lower staff. It almost hilarious that you are confused by the high turnover rate. You don't want good workers to leave even if you treat them badly because you don't want it to go up but then you treat them badly because you have enough staff in the world to work at McDonald's rate for Starbucks service. Consider the plight you leave your employees to deal with.

Blink Fitness2014-12-13

"manager on duty"

Current Employee - Manager On Duty in New York, NY

I have been working at Blink Fitness full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

My coworkers are great and personable. Since I've been with the company the CM has changed 3 times. All 3 CMs were amazing. They were willing to work with my schedule and are extremely understanding. Even my Area Manager is very nice, but he means business. My job is fun and I don't dread getting up and going there every day.

Cons

The pay. The starting pay is minimal and your yearly increase is 3%. Also, there aren't any incentives to push for sales. I like working there, but at times I feel like I'm not getting compensated enough for the work that I do.

Advice to Management

Create some incentives for your Front Desk Associates to push for sales. After all, it is the exceptional customer service provided by your FDAs that pull in the members and close the deals.

Blink Fitness2014-07-30

"Care more about making money then expanding their business the right way"

Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Blink Fitness part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It is a very easy job

Cons

They put their employees under a lot of pressure and don't appreciate them for going above and beyond. There are too many locations for the amount of people that are available in the corporate sector. They do not provide opportunities to advance in the company and they fire people and hire new people constantly. Employees are indisposable. Also very long hours are needed, with no overtime.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and know your market and the money will come!

Blink Fitness2014-04-09