What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and a lot of trust" (in 129 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and enviroment" (in 128 reviews)
- "Great Culture and Products." (in 108 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance (again depending on your org but it was great in mine)." (in 49 reviews)
- "Leadership: across the board is great." (in 43 reviews)
- "Poor Management" (in 37 reviews)
- "The managers have also out sourced a lot of their work to tendered advocates so they don't provide any support for calls or take escalations." (in 22 reviews)
- "Compensation is good but not as good as similar tier companies like Facebook or Amazon" (in 16 reviews)
- "No career path after a certain level" (in 9 reviews)
- "Upper management seems lovely and savvy but are tone deaf to the struggles (or just don’t care) and continue to make the role harder." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Block and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 147 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 12, 2020Customer Success AdvocateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Although I have just started with Square I have been so excited to be a part of this amazing team. The company really focuses on maintaining its great culture and helping empower their sellers. They offer great benefits for their employees while also helping them further in their career.
Have not been here long but none so far!1
- 5.0Oct 14, 2014Risk AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
The people here are really awesome and a lot of teams (at least mine) still remain small, close, and nimble. It's still the kind of place where you don't feel concerned about getting chastised for asking questions, bringing up concerns, or providing feedback. The benefits are great including unlimited PTO and meals. Despite being a Silicon Valley cliche, you really do feel like you are helping people when you eventually speak with merchants that you serve. Town Square is amazing!
Company grew really fast and it's slowly loosing that "small startup culture" so if you're looking for a tiny startup office this might not be your best bet. Career growth and promotions are also really unclear - every year it seems the review and promotion process changes. Where decisions come from can also be unclear sometimes but they are definitely working on improving in that realm.
- 5.0Aug 30, 2016Support AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
I've been at Square for 2+ years and truly have had a great and life changing experience working here. Before I was hired I knew I wanted to work for a company with great morals and with people who desired to leave the world a better place. I feel this throughout the company and know that the lead staff here truly believe in the idea of economic empowerment for all. I feel that I'm heard and supported by my direct lead and feel that Square is a good place to nourish your professional growth. All of the tools to succeed are here if you choose to utilize them. Great benefits and a fun atmosphere are an added plus too.
I really don't have many cons here. I used to feel that it was easy to get lost in the shuffle and that opportunities for growth weren't as fostered as they could be. In this past year I've seen a dramatic change in this regard and know that staff and leads have responded appropriately to a lot of the feedback they've received about this.
- 4.0Sep 4, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
-Great perks and health benefits to working here. -Amazing management. -Leadership who was no afraid to take risks or 'break' things to build something new.
-Salary was below average and bonus goals were near impossible to meet. -Unlimited paid vacation (but the expectation was to work 10-12 hr days) -No plans for career growth.2
- 4.0Oct 15, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great benefits and perks. Good comp, cares for people
Constant change that can be difficult to manage depending on who you report to. Needs more support for diverse employees.
- 5.0Jul 9, 2017Business ServicesCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
- Inspiring, positive atmosphere - Brilliant, energetic coworkers - Innovative product that is revolutionizing the way small businesses operate - Great benefits (the food especially) - Pristine office (and many more opening) - Honest CEO that truly cares about the mission - Work/life balance - Great ally networks for those in underrepresented classes -- everyone is supportive of diversity and Square is working hard to bring even more diversity to the workforce - Big emphasis on health and mental wellness - New 'career path' initiatives - A lot of internal movement for individuals who do well and express a desire for a role change - Ability to 'shadow' other departments to understand different roles
- Some departments are still new and have constant change - Payment processing companies are historically shady, so sometimes it's hard to earn customer's trust - CEO is focused on both Square and Twitter (not necessarily a con, but of course Square employees would love his focus on just Square)9
- 4.0Jul 21, 2021Customer Service AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
The company has great benefits and culture!
The company's internal mobility program could use some work, but it is still an amazing place to work at.
- 5.0Jun 26, 2017Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
The Square Atlanta office is a hidden gem. You have the ability to work on interesting problems at scale and get great benefits while doing it. The people are top-notch and there are plenty of opportunities for growing your skills.
The projects available in the Atlanta office are somewhat limited compared to San Francisco. One time we had to go without a supply of single origin coffee beans for the day.6