What people are saying about Block
Does lateraling makes sense if you are slow for most part of the year? The market is soft and my peers also seemed to be slow right now, but the biggest issue is I don’t know if I’m on the chopping block next and I have no way of finding out…went through the lateraling process and got an offer surprisingly fast. Corporate mid level that has built a good reputation at current firm if that matters. Thanks!
Someone asked if my job is: do you actually deliver something or is your job meetings?” I want to deliver but people block so many meetings. I am going to start joining every call and say “do you need me? If not I have better things to do”. How do we create a culture where 17 people have to be in a call and only max 2-5 people actually speak??
The Work-Life Bowl
Hey guys I need some advice and criticism I’m a 22 y/o looking something out of the labor force that I can take care of myself and finally start my life. I’ve hit road block after road block and I’m just lost in life and want to be successful. What field or study would any of you recommend that makes the most money any professional comment is much appreciated.
Got a burning question about Block? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Block employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor Management" (in 36 reviews)
- "The managers have also out sourced a lot of their work to tendered advocates so they don't provide any support for calls or take escalations." (in 23 reviews)
- "Compensation is good but not as good as similar tier companies like Facebook or Amazon" (in 17 reviews)
- "No career path after a certain level" (in 10 reviews)
- "Upper management seems lovely and savvy but are tone deaf to the struggles (or just don’t care) and continue to make the role harder." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Block and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 127 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Sep 12, 2019Technical Support RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
Benefits are great as well as the culture
phones and schedule as well as work life balance