Bloom Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sherman Rogers

"Stressful"

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Bloomington, IN

Pros

Starts out at $14 per hour + commission
    Training is extensive..the knowledge I took with me invaluable.
    Great people to work with
    Opportunities to move up
    I was there from the beginning..I heard the initial idea for the company. All good intentions for the clients, and the employees.

Cons

Marketing to Medicare Recipients
    Following federal guidlines were a must ..however sales were pushed and the agents liable
    Must have good credit to keep your job
    I was there 4 years, I was a top marketing agent for 2 years. As a licensed agent, we were layed off for 9 months out of a year and I feel like I didn't get the chance to become successful. The owner never recognized me and that bothered me for some reason.

Advice to Management

Remember how many people went throught the whole licensing process and quit after the first day. Give your team positive ways to succeed. In the end, I always felt like a loser no matter how hard I tried. The team manager is the key!! I suggest a 90 day progress evaluation before having them compete with veterens.

2. "The work conditions are terrible"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Bloom Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

You can fairly quickly be earning 11 - 12 dollars per hour without a lot of education. They train and pay for certification

Cons

The working conditions are poor. Management does not let you break for lunch when the phones are busy.

3. "A Good In-Between Job"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Bloom Marketing Group (More than a year)

Pros

They paid well, at the time, and were fairly flexible with my school schedule.

Cons

They're really bad for laying people off, not a reliable place to continually work, but a good experience builder for your resume and a good in-between job. I hear that the amount they pay keeps going down too.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees as something disposable to gain revenue from and not give back.

"Great employees, awful company."

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Bloom Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is probably the only pro of working at Bloom.

Cons

Upper management treats licensed agents like dogs. They don't care about you. I worked there for almost 4 years and I was laid off 3 of the 4 years. You will work 3 or 4 solid months, but don't expect to be there any longer than that. They don't offer ANY benefits besides a 401k that they don't even match. Out of the 4 years I was there I wasn't given a raise. There's no incentive to work at Bloom. Please, take my word for it, don't work at Bloom. You will regret it!!

Advice to Management

Revamp your ENTIRE management staff and set up programs that are available year-round.

"This should be illegal"

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Bloom Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I commiserated with my fellow grunts. Many were kind and friendly. When the managers were goofing off and not getting on our case I liked most of them. The furlough that lasts most of the year was a blessing.They gave me a lot of VTO (voluntary time off) and I usually took it.
    We got to get off the phones for training every once in awhile, especially when sanctions shut down the calling.

Cons

Calling people on the phone to solicit insurance is not fun. At all. The demographic is old people who have no money and are confused. I was encouraged to trick people who don't need insurance to sign up for plans. Everything you say is recorded and you will get in trouble for any misspoken word. You will have to speak at length about a phone call you had 6 months ago and anything you remember about it when you speak to hundreds of people each day. I had to respond to thousands of calls about misleading mailings that were sent trying to trick senior citizens into thinking a private insurance plan was either 1) a government sponsored plan or 2) a plan from a more successful company. Computer systems would break down during calls. I had to work a soul draining 11 am to 7 pm shift much of the time.

Advice to Management

I really wish Bloom did not exist. I wish it was illegal to solicit calls over the phone to senior citizens. The whole business model is based on preying on the elderly. I wished constantly that the management would get on the phones and do what we were doing, and at the very lowest moments I did see lower management do that from time to time. But I never saw upper management doing it. I did not interact much with senior management but they seemed completely out of touch or just downright insensitive.

"Poorly ran business, horrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Bloom Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job when I needed one.

Cons

Wow... Talk about a horrible place to work! Management would bully and intimidate workers, and there was no structure. They lay off the majority of the year and should have been considered a seasonal employer. Their structure wastes money. Ask anyone in Bloomington about this place and you'll probably hear a lot of bad! I still cringe when I think about working there.

Advice to Management

Put an operating plan together, and stop the bullying and harassment!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Beware- Do NOT Work Here in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Beware- Do NOT Work Here in Bloomington, IN

Pros

The pay, that's it. Otherwise, it sucsk.

Cons

This is the absolute worst place you could work. Sure, the pay is great, but that's about it. The management staff is horrible. The way they run their business is a complete joke. They lay you off every year, You only get 3 months of actual work. I'm telling you right now, stay as far away from this place as you can. It's terrible. If you don't believe me, then google other reviews about the company.

Advice to Management

All of you need help. None of you know how to treat your employees. You think you guys are Saints. One day Karma will come around and bite every single one of you in the butts.

"not a great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN

Pros

pay, attendance, the education and insurance license you recieve.

Cons

management, promotions, unorganized, low employee moral.

Advice to Management

if u work here get in and out.

10. "High School Hell"

Pros

The pay was good and I liked the autonomy and independence of the job. I learned a lot about insurance and some of the managers were really nice and helpful.

Cons

The work environment was horrible. It was like being being in high school again, but way worse. These weren't people right out of high school either, I'm talking about full grown adults here. I felt like I was severely bullied by several people, and I should have went to Human Resources on numerous occasions. However, the people who were doing this seemed to be some of the manager's "favorites". It was a total popularity contest, like someone else said. Brown nosing will really help you to get ahead at this place. Sadly, I just didn't have it in me to do that and I was glad when it was time to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the conversations that are going on on the sales floor. Some of the things I heard were absolutely vile, inappropriate, and offensive and I can't believe the managers were oblivious to it. Also, offer better training instead of putting people on the phones with no direction whatsoever.

"Don't do it. Working at Walmart would have to be better."

Pros

Absolutely none. Worst job I ever had. I would rather work at Walmart. This place will kill your soul.

Cons

They describe the coffee provided in the breakroom as an "employee benefit." You're virtually shackled to your micro-cubicle. The calls never stop. Management pressures you to make a sale regardless of whether it means crossing legal or ethical lines. They don't appreciate their employees. It's not a real business. The whole place is a money-making scheme based on ripping off people for health insurance. Don't do it. Your soul simply won't be the same afterward. If anything, let them train you and get you licensed and then jump ship. It's the only way this place could be of positive benefit to anybody. Worst job I ever had.

Advice to Management

Shut it down. Burn it. Quit and get better jobs. Report all the legal and ethical violations.