BloomReach Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raj De Datta

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best culture with Best places to work for 4 times in a row

Cons

Not really specific ones that I experienced

2. "Innovative startup culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Interesting/innovative work, every engineer is working on projects which have high impact.
    Very smart people, a constant learning experience.
    Company cares about it employees.
    Strong long term strategy of evolving into a platform company.

Cons

Can't think of anything major.

3. "Great culture, very smart people, enthusiastic team"

Former Intern - Product Engagement Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Former Intern - Product Engagement Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I worked at BloomReach as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with very intelligent teammates who were engaged in their work and shared in the vision and values of the company. The company is a clear market leader and the technical founders and senior staff make this a great place to grow your career.

Cons

As a growth stage startup, there are processes and systems that are still being built out. This means one needs to be flexible and able to embrace uncertainties. Additionally, career advancement will also be less clear cut.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People are smart, helpful, fun
    - Exciting industry
    - Product adapts quickly to changes in the marketplace
    - Great benefits including free lunch and workout classes

Cons

- Unsure about future of company

"Phenomenal Experience- Elite Environment"

Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Highly motivated employees
    Only the most intelligent people have been hired
    Value driven culture of people over "results at any cost"
    Highly autonomous- Freedom is highly valued
    Very professional work environment- I have had no experience with hostility
    VERY profitable company- benefits are top-shelf. You will not find better perks at a company like this with less than 1000 employees anywhere

Cons

Disconnects exist between book-smart and actual intelligence
    Anyone and everyone can insert their opinion into your role
    It is difficult to give freedom to people who have never had it before. This means that people who step into BloomReach that have never self-managed will have a hard time unless they are disciplined.

When working with these types of people they can often hide behind the culture of being self-managed.
    Disagree with the rude and profane comments- this company is very friendly

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable for their goals.
    Be cautious, while I was there, some people seemed to be losing their urgency and were developing a culture of "tomorrow" - as in "I'll figure it out tomorrow"
    Ping Pong, Company night out, and etc is important, however- getting results should be in the fabric. I felt people were busy looking busy so that they could enjoy their perks

Example: engineers that take call booths to watch movies all day.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Madison, WI

I have been working at BloomReach (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly smart people, Executive team- worth emulating, cultural priorities are clear, promoted and celebrated, employees are all celebrated, included and recognized regularly.

Cons

Growing pains given the pace of growth- good problems to have, but can be frustrating navigating through an org that has little structure and light processes.

Advice to Management

Great job on focusing on the whole of the organization. Would like to see more focus on 1:1 career growth/pathing.

"Best career move I made"

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The team is top notch so I can learn a ton, great motivation to go into the office every day.
    - The company's management thinks carefully about each major decision and impact to employees, they show they truly care.
    - Truly transparent, no drama culture - everyone shows up to work ready to solve problems.
    - Global offices - as of today Bangalore, London, NYC and Mountain View - makes it fun to collaborate cross geo.

Cons

- It's a very intense team, which at times means long hours working on figuring out one thing.
    - Global offices can also be a challenge, extra effort required to just stay in the loop.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on ensuring there are great career opportunities and mentors for each individual at the company. Good mentoring is critical to retaining top talent.

"Awesome culture and place to work at!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at BloomReach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible work culture, smart people, collaborative colleagues who are passionate about what they do, awesome products that are AMAZING and WORK, and incredible customers that everyone knows and shops from. We're growing but still maintaining "the good ol' days" kind of feeling - our culture is our mission here. We're not policy driven and everyone gets to make a difference. We respect everyone and we learn from everyone. This is the place where everyone from the executive leadership all the way down works together.

My own team is a dream. I don't have to deal with any drama, and even though I'm the "newbie" they take my thoughts and ideas into consideration and are willing to change things immediately (no "let's think about it" or sense that they really don't want to hear what you have to say). I feel very grateful for having great colleagues who seem to really value me and respect me. It makes me enjoy working hard but still have fun!

Cons

When I come up with some, I'll be sure to let you know. Everything I've suggested, they're willing to look into and agree that it should be updated/changed. How's that! I actually get to contribute (even though everyone always says they want to do that....but here it actually happens).

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome and approachable and it's really cool to see you guys working right alongside everyone. I don't have to "fear" talking to you.

"Dynamic startup environment, engaging work, very start people, strong upper management"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at BloomReach as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

During my internship at BloomReach, I gained great exposure to the industry as well as an excellent training program.
    I worked with highly intelligent, motivated and dynamic people who had mostly transitioned to BloomReach after working in consulting / banking, Google, Facebook, etc. The benefits were great, the pay was fair, and work/life balance was highly valued.

Cons

Communication between upper management and the rest of the company is relatively limited, thus it was unclear how the company will continue to expand both within the market and internally. As such, the career path within the firm is less established.

Additionally, the company operates in a highly saturated market, with many players doing 'big data' and 'natural language processing.' Although BloomReach receives backing from Bain Capital Ventures, it's unclear how successful the company will be in 5, 10 years.

"Amazing, Hard Working Culture. Expect a huge bump in your Learning Curve."

Former Intern - Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at BloomReach as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People: Beyond Smart, Helpful
    Work: Challenging, Requires more research and creative solutions
    Flexibility in terms of how you choose to approach/solve the problem

Cons

Be ready to work hard and deliver something concrete.