Bloomerang Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Software

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good Benefits - Friendly Environment - Flexible

Cons

- Smaller Company - Limited Office Space

January 31, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for leaving a review! We're glad to hear feedback, especially that we're doing well. We're happy to be able to serve our employees as well as the nonprofit world. We're striving to maintain that same friendly and flexible environment as we grow.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great sales environment and process to help understand customers needs and provide them with an awesome product. Culture is inviting and the people are wonderful.

Cons

Nothing major. Benefits could be a little better around PTO and parental leave, but that's minor to me.

May 15, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear from a happy employee. We're continually revising and updating our policies as well, so thank you for your thoughts. We appreciate you!

3. "Sales Specialist"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer Accounts is a great way to experience sales without the headache of cold calling and constantly chasing people down

Cons

Newer department means figuring things out as you go and not always having an answer available to you

4. "Quality employer with great mission"

Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time

Pros

Work from home flexibility Some working hours flexibility Friendly coworkers Great mission Opportunities for growth

Cons

Some growing pains as company increases in size No maternal/paternal leave Use or lose PTO

February 5, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We're glad you're able to find meaning through your work at Bloomerang. We're also constantly reviewing our benefits and figuring out how to grow in the most structured way that we can while staying flexible. Thanks again and we're glad you're a part of Bloomerang!

5. "Overall, it's a good place to be"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant, Technical Architect in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great mission Healthy work environment Work with great co-workers

Cons

Benefits don't match industry standards. No sick time, no maternity/paternity leave, use it or lose it PTO

February 10, 2020HR Manager

Hi there! Thank you for the review. It’s great to hear feedback, both about what we’re doing well and how we can improve. We’re grateful you’re connected with our mission to help the philanthropic world and that your team is thriving. Speaking of improvements and paid time off, within the last year, we’ve added company-paid Short Term Disability insurance, which covers mothers while they’re on maternity leave. We currently have only one pool for PTO, rather than Vacation vs. Sick Days, because we feel that our employees are best suited to choose which days they take off and for what reason, rather than having to justify why they’re out. Our plan also includes eleven paid holidays as well, totaling twenty-five days off for a first year employee. We have intentionally chosen not to roll over PTO, because we feel it’s important for our team members to take the maximum amount of time off each year, maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Again, we’re truly appreciative of your feedback and hope we can continue to improve Bloomerang all the time.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easily the nicest group of people I've ever worked with. Everyone is so friendly and understanding. Also there's lots of room to grow and gain experience outside your normal job function. I have lots of autonomy as well.

Cons

With lots of growth sometimes comes a lack of structure, which can take some effort to work through.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture and drive to make a difference in the nonprofit industry.

Cons

None that I can think of

8. "One of the best companies I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone here is passionate about the mission to help nonprofits improve their donor retention. The company does a good job of balancing the need to support different stakeholders (customers, employees, and investors). We have a healthy work environment and there's no one in the office I wouldn't happily have lunch with!

Cons

It's a fast-growing company, which means sometimes there are growing pains as people wearing too many hats find themselves overloaded.

Continue reading
  9. "There's a reason they have been named Best Workplace for multiple years..."

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendliest atmosphere I've ever worked in. Genuinely care about employees Incredibly Transparent about the Company's direction and financials Snacks and coffee! :)

Cons

No "sick" days. It's included in your PTO, but PTO is pretty generous.

Continue reading
  10. "Great company that actually cares about it's mission"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Flexible work hours * Full benefits * Plenty of PTO * Great opportunities to grow yourself * Awesome events outside of work

Cons

* Lack of upward movement (Doesn't have that many levels to begin with)

Found 27 reviews