Bloomerang Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 22 reviews

4.5
Bloomerang CEO Ross Hendrickson
Ross Hendrickson
  1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easily the nicest group of people I've ever worked with. Everyone is so friendly and understanding. Also there's lots of room to grow and gain experience outside your normal job function. I have lots of autonomy as well.

Cons

With lots of growth sometimes comes a lack of structure, which can take some effort to work through.

Bloomerang2019-02-22
  2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture and drive to make a difference in the nonprofit industry.

Cons

None that I can think of

Bloomerang2019-02-22
    • "There's a reason they have been named Best Workplace for multiple years..."

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendliest atmosphere I've ever worked in. Genuinely care about employees Incredibly Transparent about the Company's direction and financials Snacks and coffee! :)

Cons

No "sick" days. It's included in your PTO, but PTO is pretty generous.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Bloomerang2019-02-14
    • "One of the best companies I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone here is passionate about the mission to help nonprofits improve their donor retention. The company does a good job of balancing the need to support different stakeholders (customers, employees, and investors). We have a healthy work environment and there's no one in the office I wouldn't happily have lunch with!

Cons

It's a fast-growing company, which means sometimes there are growing pains as people wearing too many hats find themselves overloaded.

Advice to Management

As always, keep communication flowing! You've done a good job in the past of being open and honest. But as the company grows it takes more and more deliberate effort to avoid calcifying communication paths and developing a rumor mill.

Bloomerang2019-02-14
    • "Great company that actually cares about it's mission"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Flexible work hours * Full benefits * Plenty of PTO * Great opportunities to grow yourself * Awesome events outside of work

Cons

* Lack of upward movement (Doesn't have that many levels to begin with)

Bloomerang2019-01-07
    • "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is being led well and is headed in the right direction.

Cons

Its location doesn't give lots of great places to live close with good schools.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Bloomerang2017-09-18
    • "Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Bloomerang full-time

Pros

Bloomerang has by far, been the best place that I have worked. I never met a group of more dedicated and driven people. A common theme at amongst all employees was a desire to see each other succeed. My work was rewarding, challenging, and always interesting. I was always treated with respected. My opinions were always valued. I was always rewarded and recognized for my hard work and achievements.

Cons

I do not really have anything negative to share about Bloomerang. The work is challenging, but that is a reward in and of itself.

Bloomerang2017-02-27
    • "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time

Pros

Bloomerang has a great atmosphere and company leadership is very accessible to even entry-level employees. The company is transparent and very open about goals and metrics. People get along well and have a good time while working hard!

Cons

The company is quickly growing, fast-paced, and constantly evolving. Make sure it is a good fit for your personality.

Bloomerang2017-02-17
    • "I can see myself at Bloomerang for many years to come"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bloomerang full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not only is the culture unparalleled, but upper management does a great job of leading and setting expectations. The product continues to grow and develop to help our nonprofit customers, and the employees get a say in the product roadmap. Employee benefits and our PTO policy have only gotten better since I've started working at Bloomerang. Company culture events and sponsored activities do a great job of encouraging...

Cons

The company is still growing a lot right now, and there are a few expected bumps that come with that as we grow into our own.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing from a transparency perspective. Don't be afraid of allowing employees to work remotely. Everyone works and thrives in different environments. Sometimes open offices spaces can be distracting. Remote work is part of the culture at Bloomerang, but doesn't seem to be 100% accepted and commonplace yet.

Bloomerang2017-01-30

"I would have paid money to work at Bloomerang"

I worked at Bloomerang

Pros

So welcoming. Such meaningful work. It's clear that people have a heart bent on helping people, and almost everyone has nonprofit experience. The camaraderie is one of a kind. People always want to get lunch together, they hang out after work, and an afternoon Frolf break is not out of the question. In my first week at the company, my boss had me over to his house. This place is awesome. This company has big goals...

Cons

The ice dispenser spills on the floor too easily. There were too many opportunities to eat donuts/cakes/cookies/candies.

Advice to Management

Maintain a people-first mentality with your own employees and your customers. Don't waver from your values and think about ways to incorporate them even more. You're doing great.

Bloomerang2016-12-10