49% would recommend to a friend
(3352 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
Found 3,352 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with and you are able to Network and build clients especially working in Beverly Hills." (in 191 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and bosses." (in 99 reviews)
- "Great benefits and health care benefits." (in 91 reviews)
- "expensive shoes and good commissions" (in 67 reviews)
- "Flexible Schedule was great" (in 60 reviews)
- "Poor management and never listened to complaints" (in 269 reviews)
- "low pay and more often that not you'll be the only person taking back clothes in the changing room" (in 152 reviews)
- "It’s hard to try and show leadership and make changes because managers have such a strict game plan." (in 139 reviews)
- "long hours and standing up" (in 97 reviews)
- "Terrible human resources department that doesn't care for their employees, abusive upper management, long work hours with no recognition, favoritism, and very minimal perks." (in 46 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bloomingdale's and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWMay 18, 2023ExcellentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNorwalk, CT
Great Benefits, Great hourly salary plus commission, flexible hours / days schedule, Great Merchandise assortment. Excellent Loyalty program for customer and employee discounts
None since it was great to work at Bloomingdales SONO Mall in Norwalk, CT
- 2.0Nov 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeChicago, IL
401k, health benefits, shift selection
Working with other professionals? No. Safe comfortable work environment for employees. No. Honest fair commission payout? No. Managers that have your best interest and ensure your hours and commission is properly paid? No. Smart Professional trustworthy helpful hr? No. Easy to get help with an issue? No. Proficient and innovative? No. Bloomingdale’s might be a better place to shop than it is to work.
- 5.0Nov 19, 2023Director of MarketingFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
Great company that helps young career driven individuals understand process, strategy, and business skills. Positive work environment! Great perks.
Just because you are at the same level as your peers and performing higher, doesn't mean they will match you pay, especially if you are younger.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
It is possible to find nice people & pockets of great jobs and community.
It’s hard to try and show leadership and make changes because managers have such a strict game plan.
- 4.0Nov 18, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearKing of Prussia, PA
You received your healthcare package benefits right away which is helpful.
You received Pto in 6 months after working there.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearKing of Prussia, PA
Flexible part time schedule Staff, facilities and coworkers are friendly
Much idle time Have to keep busy
- 3.0Sep 22, 2023Bloomingdales Sales ProfessionalFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCosta Mesa, CA
-decent pay, 1% commission -freedom to sell anything in the store -amazing and diverse co workers - decent discounts
-management treats you horribly unless you make them a lot of money, then you will be well liked. -the actual store manager Preston won't even look at you or learn your name even if you've worked there for an entire year - very large amounts of pressure to sell and make more money -the store is dead there is no one to sell to 9 months out of the year -rude customers constantly upset at our rewards system and policies -no set schedule, never know what days of the weeks you will be scheduled4
Bloomingdale's Reviews FAQs
Bloomingdale's has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 3,485 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Bloomingdale's to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
49% of Bloomingdale's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bloomingdale's 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.