Bloomingdale's Reviews | Glassdoor

Tony Spring

1,525 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Associate"

Pros

Great meeting new people, staff were friendly.

Cons

Long hours standing all day was tiresome.

2. "Best Place to work."

Former Employee - Registry Consultant/Front End Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Registry Consultant/Front End Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's (More than 3 years)

Pros

The commandery. + your manager they are top draw!

Cons

We need better programs for Tourist and Hotels Concierges.

Advice to Management

Step up with better marketing strategies we can take it.

3. "Saled associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garden City, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not hard work. Very little supervision.

Cons

Horrible, unknolageable management. Ask a question and you'll get and answer right or wrong but usually wrong. Make a suggestion and they tell you to do it.

Advice to Management

Change store managers every few years.

4. "Not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees work as a team to get the work down .

Cons

The Management needs to Acknowledgment the workers .

Advice to Management

Give there employees more acknowledgment . They don't get recognize as they should for the hard work they do.

5. "Stressful but always interesting"

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

Really amazing employee discounts, very cool Sample Sales (as long as you're a size XS or S). Cool, really talented, intelligent people. Fantastic diversity. Beautiful, modern office. Some people dress like it's a runway (which is cool if you like fashion) but you can be dressed casually too. Everyday is interesting. Promotes from within: If you're the right personality type, you can go very far, very quickly, but not necessarily in the same dept.

Cons

A lot of layoffs and cutbacks. The workload: Everyone does the work of 2-3 people (although it depends on the dept). Inadequate training. Big personalities and politics to navigate. Easy to get thrown under the bus. You have to have thick skin to survive in this industry.

Advice to Management

n/a

"RTW Department"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved interacting with my clients and created many friendships. Piecing outfits for my clients is something I truly enjoyed, whether it be for their daughters, or finding an outfit for them and their girlfriends. I've had many successful sales, but most importantly what I truly LOVE is when my clients are pleased with their purchase. Everything I do at work, for my clients and team is from the heart. The product knowledge training was always something I looked forward to. It helped me to be a competent sales professional and to feel confident when I sale. I also enjoyed the morning meetings we had, which keeps me up to date about promotions and how the company is doing. We often have free coffee and donuts, sometimes BBQs and potlucks, which makes work enjoyable. The company gives a very generous discount to their employees every month or so. Also, wearing black is always professional and classy, and it also makes it easy to dress for work.

Cons

Unfortunately, working in commission was competitive. The team I had made me feel uncomfortable because there were a lot of drama, stealing sales, dishonesty, and unethical coworkers. Often my coworkers take advantage of me and another employee because they know we work hard and clean often, but they don't want to help out. Often someone makes a mess and doesn’t clean after themselves and walk away for you to clean. You don't want to complain because you know there's already too much drama going on and Mgmt does nothing if you bring it up. Often those that are brown nosing to mgmt are the ones causing problems for others but mgmt does not see that, and have favoritism. Mgmt only looks at numbers and top sales performers.
    I don't feel appreciated for the work I've done. Clients often tell me I'm doing wonderful every day or that I should get promoted, but I don't get recognized from my own manager. Mgmt is oblivious to each employees work ethics, personality and attitude on the sales floor because they are rarely on the sales floor. Often I have my coworkers cursing because they were frustrated with go backs or telling me to STFU because I was talking too much with a client. I was also informed by a former coworker to steal a clients pre-sale and with all of those situations I have encountered I knew that I was working with the wrong kind of people and the wrong kind of team.

Advice to Management

Build TRUST and LOVE with your employees! Please work with your employees on the sales floor and this will give you a chance to get to know each person individually and understand their work ethics and how hard they work. Numerous times I have coworkers and other people and including MGMT t asking me where my manager is...but no one seems to know?
    If a customer says something extremely horrible about your employee and you know your employee is doing the right thing by following policy you should definitely BACK UP your employee, and not be frightened of your customer.
    You know how hard your employees work and don't deserve to be treated bad by a customer who happened to be in a bad mood that day. Build trust with your team and in return the team will have respect for you. Motivate each individual and find ways on how they can do better with their sales- sit one on one with them and create a goal or a plan. Speak with the team about how important it is to help each other. If an employee raises a concern, it’s important to act immediately because the further delayed it is, the likelihood it will be effective. Get to know each employee and how they work and interact with other members. One of the best managers, Ashley A. had left the company at YES- RTW, and she knew each employee and everything about them in the back of her head. She builds trust with her employees and gained a great amount of respect and love. She also stood up for her employees if they were treated bad by a customer because she believed in her team. She encouraged each employee and find ways to help them.

7. "Amaazing"

Pros

Management is great and the salary is good.

Cons

Work load is okay but the clean up is not.

8. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

This was a great place to connect with people on the wholesale side of the fashion industry. By working with the vendors who came in for weekly visits, I was able to solidify relationships that I carried on with me following my position here.

Cons

Management was extremely difficult to work with. They overworked their employees and didn't do their do-diligence in hiring people who were committed to their job

9. "sales associate"

I have been working at Bloomingdale's part-time

Pros

Fun environment
    Nice co=workers
    God sales

Cons

Draw
    Rude customers
    Long hours

10. "dept manager"

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

beautiful store, updated fashion, good customer service

Cons

could be better staff communication and sharing of ideas when sales figures are down

Advice to Management

listen to different points of view when sales #'s aren't met

Showing 1,525 of 1,548 reviews