Bloomingdale's Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "seasonal associate"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bloomingdale's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

a good temporary part time job

Cons

low pay and more often that not you'll be the only person taking back clothes in the changing room

2. "Entry-level Salary is the main highlight"

Former Employee - Omni Junior Merchant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Omni Junior Merchant in New York, NY

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great salary for someone with no experience
    - 9-6 hours with hour lunch if you want it

Cons

- no transparency between HR and teams
    - lack of a challenge, even after a year of work
    - lack of diversity among workforce
    - work was unfortunately very boring

3. "Good"

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

This is a very good company

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

"RTW Department"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved interacting with my clients and created many friendships. Piecing outfits for my clients is something I truly enjoyed, whether it be for their daughters, or finding an outfit for them and their girlfriends. I've had many successful sales, but most importantly what I truly LOVE is when my clients are pleased with their purchase. Everything I do at work, for my clients and team is from the heart. The product knowledge training was always something I looked forward to. It helped me to be a competent sales professional and to feel confident when I sale. I also enjoyed the morning meetings we had, which keeps me up to date about promotions and how the company is doing. We often have free coffee and donuts, sometimes BBQs and potlucks, which makes work enjoyable. The company gives a very generous discount to their employees every month or so. Also, wearing black is always professional and classy, and it also makes it easy to dress for work.

Cons

Unfortunately, working in commission was competitive. The team I had made me feel uncomfortable because there were a lot of drama, stealing sales, dishonesty, and unethical coworkers. Often my coworkers take advantage of me and another employee because they know we work hard and clean often, but they don't want to help out. Often someone makes a mess and doesn’t clean after themselves and walk away for you to clean. You don't want to complain because you know there's already too much drama going on and Mgmt does nothing if you bring it up. Often those that are brown nosing to mgmt are the ones causing problems for others but mgmt does not see that, and have favoritism. Mgmt only looks at numbers and top sales performers.
    I don't feel appreciated for the work I've done. Clients often tell me I'm doing wonderful every day or that I should get promoted, but I don't get recognized from my own manager. Mgmt is oblivious to each employees work ethics, personality and attitude on the sales floor because they are rarely on the sales floor. Often I have my coworkers cursing because they were frustrated with go backs or telling me to STFU because I was talking too much with a client. I was also informed by a former coworker to steal a clients pre-sale and with all of those situations I have encountered I knew that I was working with the wrong kind of people and the wrong kind of team.

Advice to Management

Build TRUST and LOVE with your employees! Please work with your employees on the sales floor and this will give you a chance to get to know each person individually and understand their work ethics and how hard they work. Numerous times I have coworkers and other people and including MGMT t asking me where my manager is...but no one seems to know?
    If a customer says something extremely horrible about your employee and you know your employee is doing the right thing by following policy you should definitely BACK UP your employee, and not be frightened of your customer.
    You know how hard your employees work and don't deserve to be treated bad by a customer who happened to be in a bad mood that day. Build trust with your team and in return the team will have respect for you. Motivate each individual and find ways on how they can do better with their sales- sit one on one with them and create a goal or a plan. Speak with the team about how important it is to help each other. If an employee raises a concern, it’s important to act immediately because the further delayed it is, the likelihood it will be effective. Get to know each employee and how they work and interact with other members. One of the best managers, Ashley A. had left the company at YES- RTW, and she knew each employee and everything about them in the back of her head. She builds trust with her employees and gained a great amount of respect and love. She also stood up for her employees if they were treated bad by a customer because she believed in her team. She encouraged each employee and find ways to help them.

5. "Amaazing"

Pros

Management is great and the salary is good.

Cons

Work load is okay but the clean up is not.

6. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

This was a great place to connect with people on the wholesale side of the fashion industry. By working with the vendors who came in for weekly visits, I was able to solidify relationships that I carried on with me following my position here.

Cons

Management was extremely difficult to work with. They overworked their employees and didn't do their do-diligence in hiring people who were committed to their job

7. "sales associate"

I have been working at Bloomingdale's part-time

Pros

Fun environment
    Nice co=workers
    God sales

Cons

Draw
    Rude customers
    Long hours

8. "dept manager"

I worked at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

beautiful store, updated fashion, good customer service

Cons

could be better staff communication and sharing of ideas when sales figures are down

Advice to Management

listen to different points of view when sales #'s aren't met

9. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Bloomingdale's part-time

Pros

Very flexible schedule, base pay + commission

Cons

nothing much, I liked it there

10. "Take care of the little people"

I have been working at Bloomingdale's full-time

Pros

Discounts are always a great thing

Cons

The pay isn't very good

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to your workers. The better they are compensated, the more they will be encouraged to work and be great.

Showing 1,519 of 1,542 reviews