Blount Memorial Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 28 Aug 2019

2.7
Blount Memorial Hospital CEO Don Heinemann
Don Heinemann
  1. "Think before you accept!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Maryville, TN

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

helpful nursing and CNA staff

Cons

bad management, mandatory overtime, high patient ratio

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-07-05
  2. "Think before you accept"

Current Employee - Therapist in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are fun and make the day go by easier. Close to home. Love working with my patients. Flexible work hours depending on which department you are assigned

Cons

Middle and upper management attitude toward employees is similar to “parents” to misbehaving children. Took some “management training” classes through HR. Was shocked at the attitude of those I met. It’s all about writing employees up and documenting on your “problem” employees.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees are adults and educated professionals. We would not be here if we did not care for those people we come in contact with everyday. MOST of us have solid values and good work ethic. If you have someone that doesn’t, educate them not the rest of us!

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-03-22
  3. "Outlook"

Former Employee - Floor Aide in Maryville, TN

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

caring giving atmosphere due to poor overall morale.

Cons

all for themselves, no team work.

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-02-08

"NEEDS IMPROVEMENT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workes, benefits are excellent (if you use their facilities). If you are lucky to be outside of patient access the teamwork seems to be great!

Cons

There is a lot of "do as I say not as I do" from management. Others with same job title/responsibilities seem to be favored and allowed more freedom with different rules. BMH is always changing policies/rules/job description. They will "temporarily" vacat a position but never re-fill the position so there is always an extra load to cary.

Advice to Management

Very stressfull on employees. Do what you say you will do. Fill all the positions that were vacated by employees that quit. The extra work is causing people to leave. Stop Playing Favorites in Patient Access! Stop changing the rules all the time! If one member of a team is allowed to do something - then all should be allowed. So much childish management.

Blount Memorial Hospital2017-11-30

"In need of new leadership"

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-community owned and based -flexible schedule -good benefits

Cons

-poor leadership -still ran by the "good ole boy" network -financially challenged

Advice to Management

To change the culture it starts at the top! Constantly cutting the low hanging fruit is not the way to save BMH! Instead of spending $$$$$ on consulting firms problem solve yourselves. If the current administration cannot put us in the black the board should hold them accountable.

Blount Memorial Hospital2017-06-13

"Patient access"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Maryville, TN

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No pros loved it until Blount Memorial Hospital took over was ETMG they don't check into complaints of employees being bullied

Cons

Very unfair place never thinks of employee lets supervisors site cordinater treat you bad unprofessional

Advice to Management

Need to look into some of the office managers harassment if wants to get rid of employees

Blount Memorial Hospital2017-05-01

"Not the best...Not the worst"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is decent...not the best tho, close to home. Nurses on Same level usually work as a team. Great CNA'S.

Cons

Management is terrible. They will throw u under the bus at every chance. Got to cover your own butt.ALWAYS

Advice to Management

Get new management

Blount Memorial Hospital2015-08-06

"Would not suggest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good retirement benefit with 3% automatic and will match up to another 3%. There are always open positions.

Cons

It is very hard to figure out what the company stands for. They preach one thing and then tell you to perform another way. Gratitude is not something supervisors know how to offer. No overtime allowed, even though you are normally left short handed and have no other option. There is no Christmas bonus, just a ham, or bonus of any kind. Raises are very minimal if at all. The turnover rate is very high due to employee... dissatisfaction. Patients also tend to be very dissatisfied because of the service that is rendered and the lack of organization within the building. The hospitals own insurance will not cover any vaccine or preventive care if over the age of 18.

Advice to Management

Offer an actual Christmas bonus, overtime when needed, and lay off on the occurrences. Let each department handle their own as they are the ones who know what works best within their department.

Blount Memorial Hospital2014-09-26

"Nice community hospital but still behind the times in some ways."

Registered Nurse in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital

Pros

Family atmosphere, really nice people, good supervisors, positive attitudes, not very punitive, flexible with family problems, etc., don't lay off people often. Pay is o.k.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement/learning opportunities - they boast tuition reimbursement and pay for certification, but this is only if you are getting a CNA or tech, etc., or your department has money - fat chance getting it unless you are one of the lucky ones.

Advice to Management

Mr. Dawson isn't the CEO anymore - the new CEO needs to get out of his office and see what we have to do to make things work.

Blount Memorial Hospital2010-10-02
  10. "Registered nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Alcoa, TN

Pros

Some areas have good and caring management

Cons

Most areas of the hospital are poorly managed

Advice to Management

Improve your nurse patient ratio

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-09-22