Blount Memorial Hospital "close to home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Blount Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews about "close to home"

Updated Jul 8, 2019

Found 61 reviews

2.8
Blount Memorial Hospital CEO Don Heinemann
Don Heinemann
Pros
Cons
  • "Many staffing issues due to environment and management styles(in 3 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to other companies(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "close to home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Maryville, TN

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The hospital is close to home.

Cons

Staffing issues. Incompetent management unable to perform in specialty areas.

Advice to Management

Learn the job and try to do it with minimal staff provided.

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-10-05
  2. "Think before you accept"

Current Employee - Therapist in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are fun and make the day go by easier. Close to home. Love working with my patients. Flexible work hours depending on which department you are assigned

Cons

Middle and upper management attitude toward employees is similar to “parents” to misbehaving children. Took some “management training” classes through HR. Was shocked at the attitude of those I met. It’s all about writing employees up and documenting on your “problem” employees.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees are adults and educated professionals. We would not be here if we did not care for those people we come in contact with everyday. MOST of us have solid values and good work ethic. If you have someone that doesn’t, educate them not the rest of us!

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-03-22
  3. "Morningview Village- Like Being Back in Middle School!"

Current Employee - Dining Room Server in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Close to home, if you live in Maryville. Getting to know the residents. Free breakfast & lunch.

Cons

Administration is very nice, but very clueless as to what actually goes on between dining staff and kitchen staff employees. Employees CONSTANTLY talk about one another behind their backs. Most come into work with a terrible attitude and it's a struggle to remain cheery with their constant sneering and backhanded comments. Some are even incredibly rude to the residents - it's embarrassing! Apparently most employees...

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people, not just numbers. Speak to employees about issues directly, DO NOT rely on the word of untrustworthy co-workers. This place would be a great place to work if not for the middle school gossip that goes on CONSTANTLY.

Blount Memorial Hospital2017-07-06
  4. "Great learning experience as a new nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hospital is close to home in a small community. Fairly personable staff. You get to know people and work as a team.

Cons

Some days are stressful when staffing issues arise. It's difficult to take extra patients in your team unexpectedly. Team leaders (depending on work ethic) may not be helpful.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on instead of sending emails to relay messages

Blount Memorial Hospital2016-11-19

"Not the best...Not the worst"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is decent...not the best tho, close to home. Nurses on Same level usually work as a team. Great CNA'S.

Cons

Management is terrible. They will throw u under the bus at every chance. Got to cover your own butt.ALWAYS

Advice to Management

Get new management

Blount Memorial Hospital2015-08-06

"Office Worker"

Former Employee - Office Assistant

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In recent years, not many pros. If you live in Maryville, it is close to home, that's about it.

Cons

The hospital has really changed over the years. Not a good environment to work in. Leadership at the hospital doesn't really care about employees and it shows. I have never seen the turnover so high or employee satisfaction so low. The hospital spends money on new programs but nothing changes. Why? Because the leadership do not really have their heart in it. They only want to improve patient satisfaction so they don't...

Advice to Management

Replace all leadership and bring in people who really have a heart and care about people. It isn't rocket science, but some leadership do not adequately support or appreciate their staff. They are only out for themselves and to be sure they look good.

Blount Memorial Hospital2015-01-09