Blount Memorial Hospital "health insurance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Blount Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews about "health insurance"

Updated Jul 8, 2019

Found 59 reviews

2.7
Blount Memorial Hospital CEO Don Heinemann
Don Heinemann
Pros
Cons
  • "Many staffing issues due to environment and management styles(in 3 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to other companies(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "health insurance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Cherokee Rehabilitation"

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Matching 401K, Health Insurance Monopoly, hours worked.

Cons

Low pay compared to other companies. Lackadaisical management. Sexual Harassment by employers. Insurance negligence with Medicare treatment. Inappropriate care given to patients in physical therapy department.

Advice to Management

Clean up management of therapist and unethical treatment of employees and patients at Cherokee Rehabilitation.

Blount Memorial Hospital2018-08-13

"Small town feel"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here because it's a small town feel. You know everyone and everyone knows you. You always notice a new face! I love my hours and benefits! The health insurance is awesome! About $100 a month or so for just me. The PTO is great too!

Cons

I get sick often working here. The place is pretty clean but germs are everywhere!

Blount Memorial Hospital2015-11-25

"Very friendly people throughout the hospital"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Maryville, TN

I have been working at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits (health insurance, PTO) are pretty good, not too expensive. Starting pay is $2 more an hour for RNs from what I hear from other nurses at other hospitals. Everyone says hello, etc., even the doctors! They do offer lots of extra training and certifications, which you are paid for. The nurse/patient ratio is great, especially compared to other hospitals.

Cons

Small town, everyone is cousins. It also means everyone knows everyone else's business. My advice: keep your personal life at home, don't bring it to work. Otherwise, great place to work.

Advice to Management

Please seriously consider complaints/suggestions by employees.

Blount Memorial Hospital2014-06-26

"Good to begin career but not for long"

Former Employee - Social Service in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Blount Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Small town friendly environment with excellent volunteer support. Good health insurance. Good they changed the vesting schedule for the retirement so don't have to stay to keep retirement.

Cons

Behaves like an ugly for profit organization. Good old boys / girls in leadership, so I suspect there is no true accountability in management or administration. Either that or they just no longer care about quality or their staff. Sad.

Advice to Management

Learn to request and accept feedback from all employees. Read Studer who say "the fish starts stinking at the head". Happy productive employees are listened to and supported rather than badgered and demeaned.

Blount Memorial Hospital2014-03-06