BluSky Restoration Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Kent Stemper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company to work for!"

Pros

Amazing benefits, work hard and play hard!

Cons

There is a little bit of favoritism in the company.

Advice to Management

Value all employees

2. "Decent Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at BluSky Restoration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent company with capable management. Fun culture.

Cons

Project managers are put in difficult situations without much training or support

3. "Overall Experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at BluSky Restoration full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and colleagues, helping people who are going through a difficult situation. Overall, it's a great company with really good systems and processes in place. I think the restoration business can be very challenging at times, especially for project managers.

Cons

Long hours, being on call, traveling around a two hour radius managing multiple projects.

Advice to Management

Provide a bonus to project managers based on performance.

"Worst managed company I've experienced"

Former Employee - Traveling Projec Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Traveling Projec Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at BluSky Restoration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Descent pay. They make lots of nice promises.

Cons

Very duplicitous. They say 1 thing and do another.
    They terminated me with no notice after an outstanding employee review. while I was working 1300 miled from home the day before I was leaving on vacation with no plan or concern for getting me home. And they preach culture. Laughable.

Advice to Management

Do a better job communicating realistic and accurate expectations. Try performing exit interviews like most successful organizations.

5. "BluSky-Great Company"

Current Employee - Restoration Supervisor
    Current Employee - Restoration Supervisor

I have been working at BluSky Restoration full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees come first. Great place to work. Opportunities for certifications and personal growth.

Cons

A lot of paperwork, putting in personal time to do Game Plans. Traveling

"Read the Writing on the Wall...."

Pros

The people they hire are great. Across the Nation BluSky hires incredible people to do their dirty work for them.

Cons

Its all about the bottom line with this company. If they aren't raking in money every month to pay for their big houses and their boats, big trucks, ranches, etc. they aren't happy. Its extremely high pressure and ever since they sold out to an investment company the dynamic has completely changed. Its all work and no play anymore. This used to be a fun company to go to work for. Now its only appropriate to give up any and all of your personal life in order to help make them money. They preach customer service but at the same time they do shady things like bill for work not completed just to make sure they can bring in more revenue so upper management can stay rich. Employees are disposable to them and unless you suck up to senior management they treat you like dirt and don't seem to care about you. There is a lot of unfair favoritism in this company. Its amazing to see a company that will let good people go when profits are down but then a few weeks later they will throw a "retreat" for their sales people and drop 40-50k doing it in one weekend. Watching this company spend a million dollars a year in marketing and schmoozing but then fire people because the bottom line is not where they want it got old real quick. If your not a sales person in this company no one cares about you. Just beware.

Advice to Management

Learn to make your employees a priority not your money and the money will come.

Jun 6, 2017 – HR Coordinator

At BluSky, we view our employees as our greatest asset. We are not always perfect, but being a great company to work for is our goal. We are sorry your experience at BluSky wasn't what you expected.... More

7. "Culture, Relationships, Passion"

I have been working at BluSky Restoration full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not very often in your career do you get the opportunity to work for a company that has the same values and passion that you do. BluSky is that company for me. BluSky’s culture is the backbone to the company’s success. Employees live it in all areas of their work from customer service to marketing – relationships are the driving force behind their success. All employees know the financial goals and, more importantly, the results of every office in the BluSky Nation. I have never seen this in any other company. We keep each other financially accountable and profit from it.

Cons

This is a company that responds to emergency situations. An 8-hour/day mindset will not work here.

"Quality Company, Quality People - Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at BluSky Restoration full-time

Pros

The people are my favorite part of this company. Their work ethic is incredible and I can count on them to get the job done right. I call many of my colleagues friends and enjoy coming to work and seeing them every day.

Cons

Work load. This is not a place that you should work if you are not productive and efficient. There is too much work for everyone to do so you can't be lazy.

Advice to Management

Hire more people

Apr 18, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review BluSky on Glassdoor.com. Your feedback is extremely important to us! We agree that our employees are one of the best parts of BluSky, and are so... More

9. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BluSky Restoration full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Blusky has some outstanding employee's! Everyone is more than willing to help each other no matter where they are located across the country. The senior management team really appreciates everyone's effort as well as my local management. We have a great local team here in Atlanta.

Cons

If sometimes long hours and heavy workload is a downside, then that would be all I can think of. Traveling can be difficult at times.

Advice to Management

I would say more new employee training at the beginning of their employment. There is a lot to learn and everyone comes from different work backgrounds and abilities.

10. "Ambitious & Energetic Working Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at BluSky Restoration part-time

Pros

As a part-time employee who has worked at the corporate headquarters for 5+ months, I have experienced a working culture that promotes ownership thinking and continually empowers employees who commit themselves to the cause. BluSky is dedicated as an organization to working hard, while still having a good amount of fun off the clock! Everyone here seems to truly enjoy coming to work, and it is one of the most supportive offices I have been a part of.

Cons

Like many corporate environments, metrics and goals are created by senior level management to encourage workers to progress in their position/become eligible for promotion. This isn't a working environment for individuals who aren't willing to step up to the challenges of doing the best work possible.

Advice to Management

The management at BluSky is already on the right track, but more can always be done as far a developing employee potential and trust. I would advise senior level management to continue their policies of enriching working culture and relationships within the company.

Apr 5, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review BluSky. We're pleased to hear that you've had a positive experience so far, and glad to have you on the team. We agree that we drive hard for... More