KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Blue Acorn iCi Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

Found 26 of over 30 reviews

3.2
Blue Acorn iCi Co-CEOs Chris Guerra and Greg Boone (no image)
Chris Guerra and Greg Boone
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Jul 23, 2020 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Blue Acorn iCi for nearly 7 years. It has been a great place to work and grow in my career. Blue Acorn iCi has a fun and interactive culture, excellent health benefits, and has proven for me flexibility and a good work life balance.

Cons

No cons to list at this time.

Senior Vice President of Employee Experience

Thank you for your contributions to the team and the positive review! We love hearing that you have flexibility and work life balance. We believe that balance is the key to having happy and successful employees!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

terrible place to work, filled with snakes

May 6, 2021 - Developer in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good at bringing in business

Cons

politics backstabbing lying cheating racism purges

3 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback and review of Blue Acorn iCi. We would ask that you reach out to engagement@blueacornici.com to discuss your very concerning feedback. Blue Acorn iCi prides itself on the diversity of our teams, to include our executive team, where we have many different races, ethnicities, and genders in the C-Suite. We would like to hear your specific concerns so that they may be addressed. Blue Acorn iCi Team Members have been working remotely for over 1 year at this time. We have pivoted our ways of working, and we truly appreciate the remote work aspect, as it opens up our talent pool for both the top talent, and also a diverse talent pool. We recognize that remote work is not for everyone, and that it can be a challenge to integrate into the teams if you are not physically present, but we when we go back to the office, we will be hosting different events to foster team work, collaboration, and inclusion with our remote workers. Joining forces with Infosys in October of 2020 has only strengthened our teams, commitment to growth opportunities for our employees, and for Blue Acorn iCi as a whole. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Underpaid, overworked, blatant sexism, nepotism galore

Mar 31, 2021 - Project Manager in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with incredibly smart developers.

Cons

Executive team is clueless. HR is shady. People get promoted that have never done the job. They are giving entry level employees senior projects due to the massive exodus of project managers. Ask them how many PMs have been there longer than 1 year. You can work at smaller ecommerce companies for much more money, better leadership, and more opportunities.

7 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Employee Experience

Thank you for your open feedback. Like many companies that experience rapid growth, we do ask a lot from our employees and our leaders. Navigating our recent acquisition is complex, and we realize the pace and environment may not appeal to 100% of the workforce. We do try our best to recruit and hire talent with the best fit possible as it relates to company culture and pace, but sometimes the fit is not ideal. Blue Acorn iCi has changed over the recent years due to our rapid growth, merging of teams, and scaling the business. What was once a smaller operation is now much larger. The majority of our teams are experiencing more growth opportunities, agile project work, collaboration across the board, and exciting work opportunities. We are very proud of team members and how they have navigated the growth we have seen over the past year. They are talented, hardworking, and inclusive of all people. We pride ourselves on our diverse teams, and our diverse leadership - where we have multiple women seated at the Executive Table. We wish you a satisfying career and all the best. We are always aiming to improve our teams and if you would like to discuss your concerns, please reach out to engagement@blueacornici.com.

4. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Feb 17, 2021 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great offices, great people, interesting work

Cons

The same as any other agency, chaos is the normal state

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate Culture In Disguise

Feb 18, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, talented coworkers, job security

Cons

Many of us feel like the leadership cares only for the bottom line, but doesn't realize that happy employees play a huge part in overall client satisfaction.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Underhanded Leadership

Apr 19, 2021 - Delivery
    Business Outlook

Pros

$0 healthcare, training and credential opportunities

Cons

Lack of follow-through on support from leadership, deceptive bonus opportunities, false sense of team work and support. Very much the epitome of the awful agency environment you should stay away from.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Employee Experience

Thank you for your reply. We take all feedback seriously, and would love to hear more if you are open to sharing. Please email us at: Engagement@blueacornici.com. The Utilization Incentive Program is one of the programs that we have seen success in with many of our employees, but the earnings do vary. We are open to your feedback that you many have to improve the program. Our customer experience focused culture, may not be the pace for everyone, and we do our best during recruiting to make sure our employees expectations are met - however we recognize that some may join our team, and find that it is not the right home for them. We wish you the best of luck in your new career.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Feb 22, 2021 - Analyst in North Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will find very knowledgable people and amazing team to work with

Cons

No work-life balance if you have family

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 3.0

Good place to work

Feb 15, 2021 - Senior Digital Analyst in North Canton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team and people. Very knowledgable

Cons

Everything was good so I didn't find anything bad yet

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Tough job, worth the experience

Jan 17, 2021 - Project Manager in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with large clients and leading edge projects.

Cons

High stress environment with long hours and higher expectations.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people and great place to grow your career

Mar 12, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

.Great Company Culture and people. The company is growing and is presenting employees with a lot of growth opportunities. Blue Acorn iCi is a great place to grow in your career. Everyday is challenging and different (in a good way). Great health benefits. Office location in Raleigh is close to everything. Management recognizes hard work. Company makes sure you can maintain work-life balance. Everyone you work with here is extremely talented. All employees are willing to help and want you to learn/grow

Cons

I can honestly not think of any cons, this is a great place to work

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President of Employee Experience

Thanks for the great feedback! We are proud of our empowering and driven culture, and look forward to your contributions as an employee!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews