Blue Apron "blue apron" Reviews | Glassdoor

Blue Apron CEO Linda Kozlowski
Linda Kozlowski

"Satisfied"

Current Employee - Specialist in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Blue Apron can be challenging but exciting. The majority of workers are nice and friendly and moving from one department to another is easy even moving up. Overall its a petty good place to work

Cons

Trying to get promoted from Specialist to Supervisor unfortunately, politics have more influence then job performance.

Advice to Management

Take one person under your wing and help them move up if they deserve it

Blue Apron2016-09-10

"Great"

I have been working at Blue Apron

Pros

Overtime availability people benefits hours

Cons

The cons at blue apron Management growth

Advice to Management

More personable

Blue Apron2016-07-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Ware house"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in San Pablo, CA

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work at blue apron is because I like there environment, and I can also get along with the other employee because I'm a people person

Cons

I wouldn't won't to work there because they don't give enough warmest clothing to wear

Advice to Management

My advice to the management is to take more young people that can get the job done quickly and easily

Blue Apron2016-05-01

"Lunch"

California in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Blue Apron

Pros

I love working at blue apron the people are freindly and great hours

Cons

People gossip to much and too much security

Blue Apron2016-03-29

"Excellent!"

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time

Pros

Love working for this company. Wonderful culture and you can truly tell they care about what they do. This company is going somewhere!

Cons

Customer Experience isn't the most glamorous job, and you can sometimes see that at Blue Apron. Don't feel as appreciated as we should.

Advice to Management

Love on the Customer Experience department a little more. They work really hard and do a lot for the company. Other than that Blue Apron is an amazing place to work!

Blue Apron2016-01-25

"kitchen associate"

Former Employee - Kitchen Associate in Richmond, CA

I worked at Blue Apron full-time for less than a year

Pros

Blue Apron I really enjoyed working with the people there the employees there work together as a team to get. the job done

Cons

Blue Apron employees at times can be very disruptive to other employees that are there trying to do their job using very foul language that other employees don't care to hear

Advice to Management

Management needs to have more control of their employees as far as assistance when needed and not to punish the ones who are really trying to get the job done

Blue Apron2016-01-05

"A Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked at Blue Apron for almost a year and I love it. I started off in Customer Service and was promoted into a different department after 8 months. I have been given more opportunity to learn and grow into my field than at any other company I have worked for in the past. What I love the most about my job here is that I have freedom with the work that I am doing. My work environment is open to brainstorming and I am trusted to complete many different projects. It keeps work fresh, but also makes me feel confident in what I do. After being here for almost a year, I have found that the Founders make an honest effort to create a culture where every employee has the chance to personally work on different aspects that make Blue Apron successful. I also really appreciate that they take the time out of their busy schedule to attend happy hours and sit with us during the day. It is one of the examples on how culture plays a huge part in the BA environment.

Cons

We do not have a 401k but I heard that is in the works!

Blue Apron2015-10-28

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently started working at the Blue Apron fulfillment center in Richmond, CA, and I have to say that I am loving it. Here's why: - The team is awesome, and everyone works well together. -The snacks, coffee, and catered lunch (everyday) give you the energy you need to make it through hectic days. - Good benefits, and lots of nice perks! - The days can get pretty crazy. We are growing at astronomical rates, and with that comes a lot of work. Luckily, the culture is one that is conducive to collaborative effort, and leaders and associates alike come together to get difficult tasks completed. - There's LOTS of room for growth. Internal promotion is BIG here, so the sky is the limit!

Cons

- I'm a public transportation girl, and the fulfillment center isn't near the metro (BART) or a bus line. Luckily, it's not too far from the metro station, so I've been able to get here pretty easily each day.

Blue Apron2015-09-01

"Encouraging culture, passionate people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time

Pros

The amount I've learned in just two years at Blue Apron is equivalent to what I’d learn in 10 years at another company. Every day I am challenged in new ways and am constantly learning from my peers and managers. The fast-paced culture can definitely be stressful at times but I think that is just the nature of any growing startup. Our culture encourages enthusiasm and passion for different aspects of our mission, and gives employees ownership to make projects their own. I’ve never felt stifled or held back here, and have always been given the support that I need to improve. My coworkers and managers are incredibly smart and motivated, but of course, love to have a good time. Some of my best memories from working at Blue Apron were from our offsite trips, like our Ski Trip, when 50 Blue Apron employees (from CX employees to founders) travelled to Vermont for the weekend, or on our company camping trip this summer.

Cons

There are always a lot of different initiatives happening at the same time so the workload can become overwhelming and projects are sometimes disorganized. The company is growing so quickly that it can be hard to get to know new people and their roles.

Blue Apron2015-09-04

"Fun place to work, Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Pack Associate in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Blue Apron full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of room to grow at Blue Apron, I have seen people work really hard and work their way up into management roles. Management and office team is quick to jump in and help when we need to get boxes out. I work in the pack room so it means a lot when they jump in to help me and my coworkers. Team atmosphere and free lunch every day.

Cons

Lots of overtime, but can be a positive thing. Lots of new faces because the business is growing so quickly, also not a bad thing. Lunch is sometimes similar daily but it is free and good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thank you for keeping employees in mind and not only caring about numbers.

Blue Apron2015-09-04