Blue Apron Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

3.3
Blue Apron CEO Linda Kozlowski
Linda Kozlowski
Pros
  • "First of all Blue Apron is the best in their industry(in 27 reviews)

• "Great work environment and culture(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't believe Blue Apron is going to be around that much longer in its current form(in 15 reviews)

• "Politics within upper management, slow growth(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Blue Apron and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Blue Apron

Dec 21, 2017 - Production in Richmond, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits , good management , good career opportunity , good work environment

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A / N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

2. 4.0
      Former Contractor

Great place to work if you work hard

Oct 13, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great office space and work environment Great snacks and beverages available to reps

Cons

Pretty hard to move up Demanding quotas

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good experience

Jan 17, 2021 - Customer Service in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Work environment is good

Cons

The Changing schedule is annoying

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Working at Blue Apron

Mar 13, 2019 - Production Worker in Linden, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and work environment

Cons

Very cold and long hours overnight, too many missing ingredients.

5. 5.0

A Great Place To Work!

Oct 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Blue Apron for almost a year and I love it. I started off in Customer Service and was promoted into a different department after 8 months. I have been given more opportunity to learn and grow into my field than at any other company I have worked for in the past. What I love the most about my job here is that I have freedom with the work that I am doing. My work environment is open to brainstorming and I am trusted to complete many different projects. It keeps work fresh, but also makes me feel confident in what I do. After being here for almost a year, I have found that the Founders make an honest effort to create a culture where every employee has the chance to personally work on different aspects that make Blue Apron successful. I also really appreciate that they take the time out of their busy schedule to attend happy hours and sit with us during the day. It is one of the examples on how culture plays a huge part in the BA environment.

Cons

We do not have a 401k but I heard that is in the works!

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Excellent place to work

May 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Collaborative and team-oriented work environment - Wide accessibility of management - Super sharp employees throughout all departments that contribute to my own skills and knowledge - Great energy; everyone seems to enjoy what they are doing on a daily basis - Clear message of mission and vision from the top down; working for a company that has a positive impact makes my work more meaningful

Cons

- Very challenging; you need to have confidence in your experience and abilities to fully appreciate and contribute to each team and the company as a whole - Employee benefits could be improved to include a 401K

14 people found this review helpful

Blue Apron Response

Human Resources

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Employees are the core of Blue Apron and we love hearing that you enjoy our collaborative team environment. As we grow, we are working to improve our benefits, since we recognize how important something like a 401K is to our employees.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company.. No room for growth in management

Oct 11, 2015 - Supervisor in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company tries very hard to make the work environment awesome. They focus on making the employees as happy as possible. They are very concerned with the product and trying to make customers see that they are trying to make a difference

Cons

They focus so much on corporate and the majority of people who work in corporate don't understand what goes on in the fulfillment centers, which is the part of the business pushing your revenue, because they're never there. Corporate is too concerned about making the employees happy unfortunately they ignore the management who is running the employees. I do not doubt that they will change their ways but for now they are pushing management out by focusing purely on employee needs. They are great with promoting employees to specialists but past that promotions are very limited. They hire people to manage other people who have been there since the beginning and it is very discouraging. Try and promote more from within and the moral amongst management will rise. Try focusing on the overall happiness in the fulfillment centers. It's discouraging seeing corporate so happy with holidays off when fulfillment center doesn't receive any of that and they also aren't recognized for it.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Lovely place to work

Feb 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced work environment, freedom to explore and learn new technologies, flexible WFH policies, unstructured environment, flat hierarchy, nothing but incredibly bright people staffing the place, office kitchen does not stock sweets or sodas, employees are generally very happy to be there.

Cons

office kitchen does not stock sweets or sodas, exponential growth brings space issues, lots of new employees means lots of people who need to be trained quickly - which isn't always possible, department managers could communicate more effectively with each other, benefits (insurance and transit especially) could be improved.

3 people found this review helpful

Blue Apron Response

Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback! We definitely agree we have an incredible group of people working here! We are continuing to work to accommodate all of our recent growth and are exploring long-term solutions.

9. 4.0

Food safety supervisor

Jan 30, 2018 - Food Safety Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food every week Casual work environment Relatively straightforward work most times Easy to move up the food chain Many small perks The place for you if you want a challenge from changing work objectives

Cons

Still a young growing company. Blue Apron suffers from a lot of growing pains. Inexperience in many positions. Incomplete policies that only cover parts of the situations. Insufficient training for supervisors. Not the place for you if you don't want to be challenged by changing work conditions.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great place; trending upward

Aug 28, 2014 - Developer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really flexible work environment, solid leadership, super-smart coworkers, and a good office location. Also, great food all the time (obviously) from the culinary team or just the foodies that work here.

Cons

lots of work to do; heavy workload.

10 people found this review helpful