Blue Chip Endeavors Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity in this work place

Cons

Requires you to be on feet all day for first few months

Advice to Management

You can be working here for about six months and get advanced

"sink or swim"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You wear suits in the office. Trips and bonuses for best sale people.

Cons

DO NOT QUIT!! YOUR OTHER JOB!! FOR THIS ONE!! TELL THEM YOU WANT TO TRY IT OUT ON YOUR OFF DAYS OR YOU'LL HAVE NO JOB IF ITS NOT WHAT YOU THOUGHT. DURING THE 2nd ROUND INTERVIEW ASK IF YOU CAN STICK AROUND WITH WHO EVER IS AT THE TABLE FOR A LITTLE LONGER. IMAGINE YOU DOING THAT FOR 6 HOURS A DAY.
    -Very poor training. Like the title says you are either going to sink or swim. Not much to the job but the time training could be a lot better. One day of in office training (4 hours) then the next day you are in store. You can't sale if you don't know the numbers and prices of the stuff you are selling or what the tv options are.
    -Morning dance circles and unnecessary chanting. Time should be spent training.
    -Pay structure, base pay is an advance on commissions so you have to pay back all the base pay you get.
    -Standing all day.
    -Driving to office then your store depending on where you live could be far.
    -In my opinion. They sell you on getting this job like they sale Direct Tv to customers, it's not as good as they make it sound.

Advice to Management

Instead of doing morning dance circles and unnecessary chanting that time would be better spent training employees especially new ones. When new employees are hired they all should get all the brochures and tv package info so they can take it home to study.

"Positive and Competitive Environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've experienced a lot of growth. People are really respectful and a great professional environment. No matter what is going on with me I am uplifted when I walk in the doors and flooded with positive vibes. There is a very healthy competitiveness here that allows high achievers and former athletes to stand out.

Cons

This position is challenging, but is not physically demanding like a few of my previous positions. Not much else to say, I enjoy it.

"Great for experience, good career for some"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great experience for me, I spent a year here and learned so much. The company was a great introduction to the business world. I gained a ton of experience in sales, management, and HR. Along with the experience I have to say the 4 best things I took away from the account manager position was confidence, leadership, teamwork and independence. The team helped me overcome some tough challenges I was going through personally and financially as an international student that allowed me to get back on my feet and get my career on track. We worked 10-7, 5 days a week which was great because I’m not a morning person and most days I didn’t have to fight traffic. They also worked around my school schedule for the first few months as I finished my degree and gave me additional time off for my exam weeks. I've seen a lot of people have success over the last year in this psition, but wasn't for me long term.

Cons

A good career option mostly for people who want to own their own business or learn how to manage a business. Requires working most weekends which worked well for a while with my classes.

Blue Chip Endeavors Response

May 3, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are glad to hear you had a good experience and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

5. "RST"

Current Employee - RST in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - RST in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-Wrokers are awesome, and open minded ready to take on challenges. Overall it is a great place to work and grow, I definitely would recommend

Cons

Strict structure, and sometimes leadership i unwilling to change for the better. All i would say is that leadership could be more open to ideas and ways of doing things.

Advice to Management

Be more open to ideas of employees, and think about structures that can support all learners. Give students who struggle more leeway to try new things and fail.

"Consider this..."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company changed my life. They taught me sales and marketing early on but then I earned opportunities through hard work to learn leadership, personal development, finance management, recruiting, some public speaking and most of all I learned to do it the right way (which isn’t always the easiest or fastest way). Creating win-win situations for the stores, clients, and customers I was able to work with. Most of all I learned to be a better person because at the time I was 300 pounds and not in control of any aspect of my life. My car was untrustworthy, my bills were overdue, I had no vision or prupose and my health was in serious jeopardy, but they took a chance on me even though I probably wasn’t the ideal candidate. Although I regret now leaving their business and not taking this opportunity as seriously as I should have when a family member became ill, I owe BCE a lot to helping me become who I am today. I’ve lost over 100 pounds now, improved my credit significantly, acquired a team lead position helping others refinance mortgages and I have started a non-profit to help teens and young adults struggling with the issues I faced. I can attribute much of this success to the experience I gained and purpose that this organization gave to my life.

Cons

Any cons that I could write pale in comparison to hardships I faced before I started in this company and the hard work and challenges that I faced here were mostly because of habits I had created before I started and needed to change anyway. They were great about being supportive and I was never asked to do something that they had not trained and prepared me for.

Advice to Management

Continue to take chances on and believe in people, you never know who’s life you may be able to change as a result!

"Great Opportunity, Great Environment"

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time

Pros

Blue Chip Endeavors is a great place to work, regardless of your professional background. There is the same opportunity for someone with years of experience, someone looking to enter a completely new field, or for someone who is just entering the work force. The environment, from management to entry level, is encouraging and engaging. It is a nourishing environment that teaches its employees how to grow to their greatest potential. When I first started working at Blue Chip Endeavors nine months ago, I immediately felt welcomed and supported. The work is challenging, and because of that, achieving goals are all that more rewarding. As said in other reviews, this is not a clock in clock out job. I’ve had those before and from what I can remember they did not garner much room for growth. Advancement at Blue Chip Endeavors is achievable and well earned.

Cons

Again, this is not a 9 to 5 job. There will be days that are longer hours and time spent outside of the office. However, it is all to achieve goals and gain the most of the experience.

"Growth Minded People and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Bingham Farms, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Partner in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my experience Blue Chip Endeavors has a great opportunity for people seeking growth and development. I started at entry level in January 2014 with a college degree but no experience, and earned three promotions by September of 2015. Our management training program is designed to be one to two years. As a senior partner/manager, Blue Chip Endeavors provided me a great environment full of hungry entrepreneurs that are willing to work extremely hard to have an opportunity to expand and grow. Now I'm running an expansion office and I have the opportunity to continue growing. I'm very grateful to be a part of an opportunity like this to represent AT&T and Directv brands inside big box retailers. I also enjoy getting to create awesome relationships with my customers. If you want to be a part of a growing company that promotes entrepreneurship and trains individuals on how to provide leadership skills to others and help them grow, Blue Chip Endeavors might be worth checking out.

Cons

If you want a nine-to-five that requires lackluster effort or if you just want a job to pay the bills then this position might not be for you.

"Misleading"

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time

Pros

Dan is a good guy but makes it sound much better than it is.

Cons

To start, the job title to apply for online are all worded differently. For example, entry level sales rep and account manager are two. They make it sound like there is more than one type of position when in reality it is all the same exact job. You stand in Best buy or Walmart and try to bribe people to buy DirectTV. Customers go to these stores for something in particular not trying to get sold an unwanted product. You work weekends when Best Buy or Walmart is most busy.

Advice to Management

There should only be one job title on the websites where you can apply. Very misleading information and wonder why people don't last at your company.

Blue Chip Endeavors Response

Feb 23, 2016 – President

LOL! This reviewer says they are a current employee but... obviously hasn't worked for Blue Chip Endeavors. We do work with several retailers here in the Detroit Metro area and beyond but Best Buy... More

"A absolutely an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Blue Chip Endeavors full-time

Pros

Hands On training - Positive environment and great people to work with. The owner of the company will actually train you, which I was very shocked that he took the time and personally trained me. I thought that was pretty cool.

The company culture and people are wonderful. Employees are friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand and offer their advise/expertise. Lots of positive energy at Blue Chip Endeavors

Cons

You do have to work weekends.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job with assisting their team and making sure we all succeed. Knows how to tactfully address any situation. Really appreciate how approachable they are