Blue Corona Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love This Company!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only been working with Blue Corona for 16 months, but it is by far the best company I have ever worked for. I have learned more valuable information in my short time with this company than I have in any of my other jobs...combined. Aside from that, the people I work with are all amazing. We work hard and have lots of fun. The CEO is an incredible leader who pushes all of us to be the best we can be. I have never worked for a company that had a CEO that was so excited about growth, it got everyone else excited - but that is what Ben does. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that is looking to be challenged and to be surrounded by incredible, intelligent co-workers.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

2. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Intern in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Intern in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

-Blue Corona is the ideal company to intern for. The biggest pro of working at Blue Corona is its culture. The employees have a collaborative mindset, are friendly, and are always willing to share their knowledge with me. Because of Blue Corona's small size, I can work on interesting projects across various divisions of the company. Working on these projects has allowed me to gain unique insight into different parts of the workplace. Interning for this company has been a rewarding experience. It is satisfying to work with employees who are passionate about their work and motivated to help fulfill the company's mission.
    -The hours of interning are very good and allow for a sufficient work/life balance
    -The free lunch on Fridays is a fun way to build relationships with employees and enjoy good food.

Cons

I have no cons about interning at Blue Corona

3. "Company with Great People, Opportunity, and Promise!"

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time

Pros

If you are willing to put in the extra effort and contribute to Blue Corona's ongoing success, this is the place for you! You are constantly learning and valued as an employee. Blue Corona is comprised of great leaders and team members who are all on the same page and who will do whatever it takes to help the company grow.

I had other options when I was offered the job at Blue Corona but there was no question that I wanted to be here. You speak with many team members during the interview process and you can truly see how passionate each of them are.

If you're looking for a place to grow and help other companies achieve their goals, then Blue Corona is the right fit for you. Plus, you get free lunch on Fridays!

Cons

The SEO industry is always changing and you have to be ready to adapt to that. If you an individual who likes monotony, then this is not the place for you.

4. "Incredible Company Culture and Opportunity for Growth"

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Blue Corona has been a better experience than I could have ever predicted, and I had very high hopes going in. A couple of the things that I love about working here include:
    - The amount of autonomy we have. While everyone has different responsibilities and we do have processes and support in place to make them easier to execute, how we accomplish our goals is left in large part to us. In some regards, this is incredibly scary—there is no clear-cut road map to success around here. However, if you are someone who is excited about the opportunity to forge your own path, if you are creative and like variety in your days and weeks, and if you like the idea of getting out exactly what you put into something, this is a very exciting place to be.
    - The relationships within the office. This is the part of the job that I really could have never imagined without experiencing it. Every single person (that stays here long-term) is committed, engaged, positive, and motivated. Everyone here is so smart and excited and uses that energy every day to build up not only the company (client results, profit, etc.), but also each other/the team. You would think that with so much opportunity to accomplish impressive things around here there would be a lot of competition, but rather than compete to stand out, everyone chooses to work together to make amazing things happen. For example, when someone learns something that could make them more insightful/more skilled, they'll share it in our company-wide weekly huddle, or create a training for their team about it, or write a blog post on the topic. We don't hoard knowledge around here—we use it to build up our team, always. And whenever anyone feels stressed out or overwhelmed, there are always several people offering to help them, either by showing them a smarter/better way to work or by offering to take on some of their work while they figure out how to manage it all. It's truly incredible how reliable, dedicated, and downright caring our team members are.
    - The opportunity to grow. This goes back to my first point—because we have so much autonomy and support in our roles, the shear amount of what we can learn and accomplish is only limited by how much time and energy we’re willing to put in. With growth sometimes comes growing pains, but, our teammates are always here to help and the payoff is always worth it.

Cons

I can't believe I'm calling this a con, but the treats here are basically limitless, so unless you're super disciplined, your diet is likely to get worse once you start working here.

"Growing Company, Amazing Culture, Endless Opportunities...Need I Say More?"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming out of school, I was looking for a company 1) that would help me grow both personally and professionally, 2) where I could set down roots and stay for a long time, and 3) that had a great company culture. And that’s exactly what I found at Blue Corona.

I’ve never been surrounded by a more dedicated group of people (and that’s not an exaggeration). Every single person is always giving 110% because they love what they do and want to see their clients succeed. #thinkandactlikeanowner

Throughout my time here, I’ve seen many people move up into completely different roles—or even create new positions. While some people might prefer a company with a standard career ladder, I love the fact that your time at Blue Corona is what you make it. If you think there’s a service we should offer, make a case for it and who knows, you could find yourself running that service.

I’ve heard plenty of horror stories from friends about their companies and their subpar management teams. But I can’t relate because Blue Corona’s leadership team is extremely fair, receptive, and open. They appreciate hard work and dedication, and it shows. Major props to Blue Corona’s leadership team for creating a fun, engaging, and positive, yet very efficient, work environment.

Although this was my first “job” out of school, and I can honestly say that Blue Corona is more than just a job. I’ve found a career path that excites me. I’ve found a place that pushes me to be the best I can be. I’ve found a group of people (who are now some of my closest friends) that are the smartest people I know and have such passion for what they do. That’s all I could ever want.

Blue Corona might have been my first stop out of school, but I hope it’s my last.

Cons

You might gain a few pounds from free lunch Friday, regular happy hours, and the annual dip off.

"The Best Place to Work/Learn/Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with Blue Corona for nearly 5 years now and it's been a DREAM COME TRUE.

We certainly aren't for everyone, but it is a fantastic place to work.

We're the place you if:
    1. You care about the work you do
    2. You care about clients
    3. You care about winning
    4. You care about having a fun team (and being part of the fun)
    5. You want to learn skills you've never had
    6. You want to work hard at honing those skills and sharing them with others
    7. You want to treat Blue Corona as if it were your own business
    8. You do what you say you do
    9. You want to work for a fast growing company
    10. You like to (or at least want to learn how to) make data-driven decisions
    11. You want to develop your self and your team around you (Read: you're not selfish)
    12. You want to show measurable results for our clients
    13. You want to make your work GREAT
    14. You want to know how a business REALLY operates
    15. You like transparency (I would call it RADICAL transparency)

Blue Corona probably isn't for you if:
    1. You just want to punch in and punch out and don't care about the outputs
    2. You don't care about clients (especially if you think they're less than you)
    3. You don't care about winning (or even knowing the score)
    4. You don't care about working alongside smart, inventive, courageous people
    12. You don't want to show measurable results for our clients
    13. You are ok with your mediocre work
    14. You don't want to know how a business REALLY operates
    15. You like corporate politics as usual

So - Blue Corona, we've got alot of cool stuff, we're not for everyone, but we're a home for the people who want all of the things in the first list.

The last 5 years have been an incredible journey and I've learned things from some of the brightest people and we've all grown together. I am so excited for the next 5 years!

Cons

Honestly - I don't have any. We have an open, transparent, and entrepreneurial environment where if there's something I don't like, I can actively work on fixing it (and have, time and time again). Per my extensive "Pro" list, if you're not into that, you're not going to like it at Blue Corona.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"A growing company with employees who are passionate about learning and growing with it."

Current Employee - Digital Designer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Digital Designer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At this point, I've been working with Blue Corona for just over 6 months. When going through the process of interviewing for jobs, it was extremely important for me to find a company that had a great culture and was full of people who were excited to be there. I won't lie, the interview process took a few weeks and I had a hard time with it at the time, but I couldn't be more thankful of the care they took with picking their potential employees and I think that plays a big role into the company.

One of the things that attracted me most to the company was the opportunity to learn and grow into new roles in positions, which is what I have found here. Though I've been hired as a Digital Designer and have many projects that fall under the basic job description I was given, this company has allowed me to try new things and showcase some of the other skills I have acquired when it can be beneficial to our clients. I think this is important to note because it shows their confidence in their employees and value for our skills. I can always count on being heard, and though not every idea is perfect and right for the overall picture, I know that my opinions are considered and kept in mind for the future.

I love working with the team here and am excited to see how we can continue to grow together. I've had a positive experience so far and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Blue Corona specifically. As with any job, you have your good days and your bad days, but being surrounded by the people who work here have made those bad days few and far between.

"A Rewarding Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Webmaster in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Webmaster in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

Blue Corona is a great company for the overachiever or goal-oriented type. If you are interested in growing your career and learning a lot, Blue Corona is the place to be. But, the biggest pro about working at Blue Corona is the people. Working here, I am surrounded by some of the most driven, supportive, talented, and knowledgable people that I have ever met. Free lunch Fridays, casual dress code, and an open office layout are just some added perks to an already ideal workplace. If you get the chance to work at Blue Corona - take it!!

Cons

I've eaten so much pizza while working here that I've somehow gotten sick of pizza.

"Vibrant Company With Exciting Goals and Opportunities"

I have been working at Blue Corona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you’re looking for an energetic, passionate workplace with a hardworking, fun group of employees, I suggest you apply to Blue Corona ASAP. Not only will you learn more than you ever thought possible about business and marketing, but you will have a blast doing so. I can’t help but stress how great the culture is—free lunches every Friday, casual dress code, great work/life balance, and a creative, exciting energy on a daily basis. I think one of the biggest selling points of starting a career at Blue Corona is the opportunity for growth. I started in an entry level position and have had the opportunity to work on huge projects, learn from senior members of the company, and explore different departments. The team is such a hardworking, talented group of people—and everyone encourages and supports your growth and development. You’ll be hard pressed to find a group who can bring the phrase “work hard, play hard” to life quite like the team at Blue Corona—one minute you’ll be working next to someone, the next you’ll be cheers-ing with them at happy hour!

Ultimately, if Blue Corona offers you a job, take it! You’re in for a wild ride.

Cons

If you are looking for a job where all you have to do is show up, Blue Corona probably isn’t the place for you.

"Account Coordinator"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

Blue Corona is an amazing company and if you have the opportunity to accept a job here...DO IT! Everyone is extremely passionate about the company and it's growth. As an employee, you are included in all of the growth segments and goals, never wondering what your role is and where the company is going. At Blue Corona, you work hard but you also play hard. This team is like a family and I couldn't have imagined for a better job or position. I was always given the support and guidance when needed and you will too if given an opportunity.

Overall, there are amazing things happening at this company and you don't want to miss out on working with such great people for such great goals!!

Cons

Too much pizza...so little time! No, but really...it's also a growing company with a culture that feels more like a family, which may not be what everyone is looking for.