KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Great Role, Slightly Below Average Pay

Jun 28, 2022 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team structure - having both an account team to really know your particular clients, and a department team to really get to know your speciality is unique but much appreciated. Management - the managers not only care about you as a person (every single one on one my personal life is discussed), but don't micromanage you and will do anything they can to help you better succeed in your role. REAL marketing - with a lot of agencies, the work you do is going to be to just keep a client on board with you as long as possible, but that's not the case here. What we do for our clients is proven to work, and it changes as the landscape of digital marketing changes as well. Adaptability - the company as a whole is constantly taking feedback from employees and implementing it. It's not just words, an example is that they heard it was important to the staff to have Juneteenth as a holiday, so that was immediately added as a holiday when the year ended. Remote work - this isn't for everyone, but it is important for people who would've had long commutes, people with families, or people who couldn't relocate. Very important to me.

Cons

Compensation - the pay could afford to be a bit higher, especially knowing how much money we bring in. There are companies out there that come knocking at my door daily offering more money to do the same job, but the environment of Blue Corona and my manager keeps me from entertaining those offers. Lack of social aspects - with remote work, you don't really get to know those on your team very well unless you REALLY make the effort to do so. That's not always easy for everyone to do, and so it can be lonely without any kind of "forced interactions", like virtual happy hours or team bonding of sorts.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Learning Environment & Never Boring

Feb 2, 2022 - Analyst in Gaithersburg, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting work - Lots of learn opportunities - Do work that matters - Get an opportunity to touch a lot of areas

Cons

Be ready to work and move quickly because, like all agencies, the pace is fast

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Did Enough to Land Me Something Better

Dec 8, 2021 - Copywriter in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overworked and dealt with difficult management to answer the interview question, "tell us about a time you challenged authority."

Cons

No bonuses, not great healthcare options, and high turnover. Not many people of color worked there, mainly white men and women.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0

Not Too Bad - Some Groiwng Pains

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will make some great friends and learn how to deal with stressful situations

Cons

Many people are overworked here

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best team ever

Aug 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We've got a really great team that is focused on helping one another grow and improve performance for our clients. It's a great, collaborative, environment where everyone is working towards accomplishing a common goal.

Cons

None at this time, keep up the good work!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A winning culture, vision and values

Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blue Corona has been named to the Inc. Best Workplaces list year after year after year. During my time at Blue Corona, it was easy to see why. In March 2020, when the world began to understand the full impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Blue Corona team quickly adapted to a remote work environment, relying a strong company culture, transparent leadership, and a workforce 100% that not only UNDERSTANDS the company’s core values, but that takes pride in living by those values. Every employee at Blue Corona thinks and acts like an owner, both of Blue Corona and of clients’ businesses. That level of personal investment is one of the reasons everyone on the team is so devoted to growth. It’s also why team members make it a point of doing what’s right, instead of taking easy paths and shortcuts. The team rallies to each other...there’s a genuine spirit of helpfulness, of “we’re all in this together.” When there’s a challenge, everyone’s quick to work together — even if it means putting in a little extra time at the end of the day so a coworker doesn’t carry a heavy load alone. And when there’s a victory, everyone shares in that victory, because there’s a sincere “we win as a team” mindset. I’ve worked a lot of places...every workplace has challenges. Blue Corona was one of the best...you’re not an employee at Blue Corona, you’re truly a valued member of a team.

Cons

Like any marketing agency — especially a digital agency — there’s always a tug between demand and resources. When you want to make every client happy...to deliver success to each client, however the client may define it (or constantly re-define it)...you’ll always feel a need to do more. Performance marketing is a room with no ceiling, a road with no terminus, and so there’s infinite potential to do more work...and thus infinite potential to feel more is needed from you. That’s life in marketing, I suppose.

5 people found this review helpful

Blue Corona Response

CEO

Dear Winning Culture, Vision, and Values, Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective from your time with Blue Corona - AND thank you for all your hard work during your time with us. Best of luck with your new career, and don't hesitate to reach out if we can help you at some point in the future. -Ben Ben Landers CEO

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High Turnover, Only Good for the Inexperienced

Aug 5, 2021 - SEO Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

An opportunity to gain experience

Cons

If you stay there for over 2 years with no slight promotion (even a "senior" or "associate" title), then you're probably not going anywhere.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Overworked employees. Horrible pay

Jun 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can learn a lot about digital marketing and get some experience with Google Ads and Analytics.

Cons

Work life balance does not exist. You're expected to take on a lot more than you can bear. Don't be surprised when your mental and physical health deteriorates at the expense of this job, and not be compensated for the extra work. Don't work here, they will burn you out.

8 people found this review helpful

Blue Corona Response

CEO

Dear Overworked & Horrible, I'm sorry you had such a miserable experience with us. I hope you find (or have found) something better. -Ben Ben Landers CEO

9. 2.0

Keep Looking

May 5, 2021 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chances to make friends, solid culture, good out of school, free food

Cons

Favoritism, low pay, micro managing, horrible work life balance, HR is 1 person

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Apr 24, 2021 - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food on Fridays is nice

Cons

Long work days long hours

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews
</>Embed

Blue Corona Reviews FAQs

Blue Corona has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Blue Corona to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Blue Corona employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Blue Corona. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

57% of Blue Corona employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Blue Corona 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Blue Corona to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Blue Corona Job Seekers